[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pet Peeves

BigMikeinNY

I agree with mostly all of the pet peeves posted. Anothe rone of mine is the guy in our league who has a comment to say about every player drafted. There is a guy in my dynasty league who always has something to say, either trying to be insightful or funny and neither is working. Some of his replies are:

"Great pick - he's a stud"

"Homer"

"That's a good pick - 5 years ago!"

"Who the hell is that?"

"Here comes the run on (fill in positon!)"

It is the same comments year in and year out and man are they tired. I don't mind the occassional "Damn, that's the guy I wanted" with a late round pick or kudos when someone makes a decent pick, but not for every pick in a 10 round draft!!! Sheesh!

Commish BB: Hey, KH, you've been up for a couple of hours. Everything okay?

Knucklehead: Yeah, I was just mowing the living room carpet. Nothing else better to do...

Commish BB: Alright, so we can get going again. Great!

Knucklehead: Okay, I'm going to take trade offers for the next couple of hours and then pick if I don't make a trade by then.

Rest of League: :wacko:

Is there any reason why guys can't announce that they are entertaining trade offers at least 2 to 3 picks before the pick comes up instead of waiting until they are on the clock to announce it - or worse, delay for a while and then announce they are taking trade offers?

Also: Name Droppers - and I have no problem calling them out tersely. Act like you've been at a FF draft before!

Edited by Bronco Billy

have my first live local draft in less than 2 hours (a church league with 24 teams)...

KO'd

Does the pastor ever call somebody a corksoaker for grabbing his sleeper right in front of him?

I agree with mostly all of the pet peeves posted. Anothe rone of mine is the guy in our league who has a comment to say about every player drafted. There is a guy in my dynasty league who always has something to say, either trying to be insightful or funny and neither is working. Some of his replies are:

"Great pick - he's a stud"

"Homer"

"That's a good pick - 5 years ago!"

"Who the hell is that?"

"Here comes the run on (fill in positon!)"

It is the same comments year in and year out and man are they tired. I don't mind the occassional "Damn, that's the guy I wanted" with a late round pick or kudos when someone makes a decent pick, but not for every pick in a 10 round draft!!! Sheesh!

:wacko: Well, that's about EVERY guy in my 10 team long-time league. Except without many compliments.

Man, those drafts are good nights.

the guy that finishes last every year in my local pool always, always takes players about 3-7 rounds before their normal ADP. Never trust him, this year he took Schaub - yes SCHAUB in the 3rd round. Derek Anderson was his first round pick last year. Oh - and he takes 10 minutes to make the pick when it's his turn....just a re-tard.

Edited by Largent

the guy that finishes last every year in my local pool always, always takes players about 3-7 rounds before their normal ADP. Never trust him, this year he took Schaub - yes SCHAUB in the 3rd round. Derek Anderson was his first round pick last year. Oh - and he takes 10 minutes to make the pick when it's his turn....just a re-tard.

I have something somewhat similar...

this guy doesn't follow much of anything...barely trades...and makes it a point to draft Brett Favre every year and Drew Brees....he will also reach to make sure he gets them....

he also makes sure he takes a kicker about the 7th round and do something else goofy that I can't recall....but he does it all in good fun....

....and he always gets into the playoffs :wacko:

I have something somewhat similar...

this guy doesn't follow much of anything...barely trades...and makes it a point to draft Brett Favre every year and Drew Brees....he will also reach to make sure he gets them....

he also makes sure he takes a kicker about the 7th round and do something else goofy that I can't recall....but he does it all in good fun....

....and he always gets into the playoffs :D

In my longtime local, I went on an 0-5 streak (with two playoff losses :wacko: ) against a two-owner team where, so far as I could tell, the owners thought footballs were stuffed.

1) Jerk-offs who show up late to the draft (happens EVERY year in our league)
We had the #2 pick show up 15 minutes late and had nothing...no cheat sheets, no notes, no paper, nothing. Bummed an outdated cheatsheet off another team. His excuse was that he wasn't sure how our league drafted so didn't know what to bring. :D:wacko:

someone who has 2 picks in a row who makes the first pick then takes a long time to make the 2nd pick.
Define a long time. How is taking a long time for a 2nd pick any better or worse then someone in the middle taking a long time? If there is a time limit they they should get what the time limit is. If there is no time limit, well, that's your leagues fault. I just drafted 1st overall in a serpentine league that had a 90 second time limit. I usually had a pretty good idea who I was going after with both my picks but a few rounds the couple teams immediately before me would take the guys I was looking at so it took a little bit to both mark off who they took as well as evaluate the next available options.

Now if this was an email draft and the first pick is immediately sent and the next one takes hours...then I'm in agreement.