[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

and the new american idol judge is ...

tonorator

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Ellen DeGeneres is the new full-time judge on "American Idol."

The TV talk show host announced the news during a taping of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Wednesday that she is the new "Idol" judge, filling a seat left vacant by Paula Abdul, who chose not to return to the show last month.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Ellen DeGeneres

"I have a big announcement to make. No one knows this. I just finally got the OK ... just moments ago to announce this to you today...I am going to be the new judge on 'American Idol,'" Ellen told her audience on Wednesday afternoon, for her show which will air on Thursday.

:wacko:

Paula might have been drunk all the time, but she wasn't bigger than the show itself - she was talented but no one really cared about her.

Ellen IS bigger than the show itself and is going to be a huge distraction. The show has been less and less about the talent over the years, and this just completely amplifies that.

Is she now supposed to be "the funny one" on the panel?

Or just there to counter the other judges' (and America's) homophobia?

Weird choice in my eyes since I never knew she was in the music industry in any way. A stand-up comedy album hardly qualifies.

TV is supposed to teach us not to be afraid of homosexuals? What other lessons can TV provide.

Paula might have been drunk all the time, but she wasn't bigger than the show itself - she was talented but no one really cared about her.

Ellen IS bigger than the show itself and is going to be a huge distraction. The show has been less and less about the talent over the years, and this just completely amplifies that.

Isn't the show simply a big distraction? Reading your post, I would swear we were talking about something important, rather than some prime time pap.

Mind you, I have never watched this show. The closest thing I watch to reality TV is sports.

I think the bigger distraction is that she's not in the music industry and I see her having zero chemistry with the other judges. Simon and Paula had a smirky hatred toward each other, but there was a sexual chemistry just below the surface. I assumed they probably boned at least once. I can't see Ellen having that kind of rapport with the existing judges. Just the thought of them together seems kind of uncomfortable.

I actually like the choice. I was out sick a few days and saw her TV show. I think she funny as sh-t. She may not have expierence in singing but she can lighten things up and give the average Jo's opinion. BTW, there is suppose to be 4 judges this year so you will have more than enough "real" judges.

I actually like the choice. I was out sick a few days and saw her TV show. I think she funny as sh-t. She may not have expierence in singing but she can lighten things up and give the average Jo's opinion. BTW, there is suppose to be 4 judges this year so you will have more than enough "real" judges.

Ummmm, NO. If they wanted the average Joe's opinion, they could've got Joe the Plummer. Hell, they could've got Sarah Palin to do it. They definitely should have gotten someone in the music industry. Even Weird Al Yankovic would have been a better choice.

Oh, and don't get sick again.