[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams Continue to Clean House

STL Fan

As has been the trend in the last couple weeks, especially on cut-down day when they let Curry and others go, the Rams continue to make some rather curious roster moves, today cutting their starting SSLB because he apparently refused to take a $380,000 pay cut to the veteran minimum earlier this week. In addition to being a starter, he is a special teams beast and is one of the most active Rams in the community.

He will be replaced in the starting lineup by David Vobora, last year's Mr. Irrelevant. This is curious timing except when you consider that Draft is a "vested veteran" and if he played week one, his salary would have been completely guaranteed.

Spags is taking the "rebuilding" thing very seriously and appears to me to have all but cashed in his chips for this year, preferring to make full use of his "honeymoon" to make the team stronger in the future. Draft's roster spot goes to Quentin Culbertson, who the team cut last week after a pretty bad camp.

The team is said to be very near the salary cap by the end of this season with expected performance bonuses included and apparently needed cap space. I wonder if I'll get a partial refund as a season ticket-holder since winning this year appears to be very low on the priority list. :wacko:

BTW, the Rams now head in to week one with only 4 WR on the roster total and only 5 LB's. The defense appears to be a sore spot again this year and SJax owners may be frustrated watching the Rams throw all game trying to catch up to opponents who run all over us. Could be a long year.

Link

thanks for the update. never get any team news out here in oregon, unless i go looking for it myself.

I know I appreciate when the homers in other towns post information like this that may fly under the radar of the national wires, but could have an impact on my fantasy team. That's a big part of what makes this forum special. That, and Henry Muto. :wacko:

As has been the trend in the last couple weeks, especially on cut-down day when they let Curry and others go, the Rams continue to make some rather curious roster moves, today cutting their starting SSLB because he apparently refused to take a $380,000 pay cut to the veteran minimum earlier this week. In addition to being a starter, he is a special teams beast and is one of the most active Rams in the community.

He will be replaced in the starting lineup by David Vobora, last year's Mr. Irrelevant. This is curious timing except when you consider that Draft is a "vested veteran" and if he played week one, his salary would have been completely guaranteed.

Spags is taking the "rebuilding" thing very seriously and appears to me to have all but cashed in his chips for this year, preferring to make full use of his "honeymoon" to make the team stronger in the future. Draft's roster spot goes to Quentin Culbertson, who the team cut last week after a pretty bad camp.

The team is said to be very near the salary cap by the end of this season with expected performance bonuses included and apparently needed cap space. I wonder if I'll get a partial refund as a season ticket-holder since winning this year appears to be very low on the priority list. :wacko:

BTW, the Rams now head in to week one with only 4 WR on the roster total and only 5 LB's. The defense appears to be a sore spot again this year and SJax owners may be frustrated watching the Rams throw all game trying to catch up to opponents who run all over us. Could be a long year.

Link

SJax is his biggest chip...why keep it when it could bring a windfall.

Or excited as hell if your a D. Avery owner!

He's on my bench this week in favor of Randy Moss and Roddy White, but I hear ya!

Edited by STL Fan

Wow!! One of the few players coming to Seattle this week that I had actually heard of. This is going to be really annoying when the Seahawks win over this JV team and I have to listen to the masses exclaim how the Seahawks are going to go to the Big Game this year. Gee, thanks Rams.

So...........SJax and Bulger make up what...80% of the cap? :wacko::D

I guess we're still paying all those high draft picks from the last few years who are currently spending time loading trucks or delivering pizzas somewhere right now.