[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees... en fuego...

DMD

It's WEEK ONE and the Saints are playing against the worst team in the NFL.

He's got the weapons to do it week in and week out, but I don't think Brees will put up these type of numbers again this year..

man that is a thin limb you went out on....

Brees put up 358 yrds passing, 6 TDs, 1int with a 76.5% completion percentage.

since 1960 NO QB has passed for 358+ yards with 6 TDs with a completion % of 76%+

link

but if you lose the completion % then you get 5 QBs since 1960 that have met or exceeded what Brees did today

Link

Edited by keggerz

Now my local league is pretty vanilla compare to most leagues you all are used to playing. My auction league is pretty hard core but this one is simple a base performance scoring / serpentine style draft - keeper rules are you can keep 2 players [can't be the same position] for 1 year after the year you draft them and it cost you the round you drafted the player in to keep him.

Through select drafting the year before that panned out big time for me [thanks DMD] I had a great value keeper and also Brees.

Keepers:

QB Drew Brees [2nd round pick]

RB Chris Johnson [9th round pick]

I had the 6th over all pick this year and everyone had a 1st round pick. So by the time it came to me, I had to make a choice, grab a RB with lower worth than one should be in the first round or....

Team after Keepers:

QB Drew Brees

RB Chris Johnson

WR Randy Moss

So at this point I felt that I had a great core to build my team around. My next pick was #30 over all and my Moss pick trigger a mini WR run in the 2nd round and a bleed off of decent RBs. However, when I went to go select my player I almost missed that Ryan Grant was still there.

Team after Keepers & Moss:

QB Drew Brees

RB Chris Johnson

WR Randy Moss

RB Ryan Grant

Going into round 4 I was pretty content with the core I had. Now, I hope that Chris Johnson at least repeats his stats from last year and Randy Moss has another huge year like 2007...well...half as many TDs would be just fine for me.

But having Brees and Moss together should really be illegal.