[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start 2 RB's from same NFL Team?

Rovers

Rice/Magahee

Brown/Williams

McFadden/Bush

Bush/Bell- Thomas

Johnson/White

Jones/Washington

LT/Sproles

AP/Taylor

Barber/Jones

Hightower/Wells

Jacobs/Bradshaw

These pairings just off the top of my head, in a flex league, would starting a #1 RB like Gore, Portis, etc and one of these pairings be a solid play this year? The days of RBBC are upon us. As for me, I will start Gore, bench the Miami RB's and go with the Ravens pair, nstead of starting Brown and Rice in one league today, with the news of SD's NT going on IR. Last week both Ravens RB's outpointed both of the Miami pair. Could it happen again?

MaGahee and R Williams were for me just drafted as hancuffs, but last week they both outpointed Rice and Brown respectively. I have never started two RB's from the same NFL team before, but I will try it this week. Might be too early to bench Brown, but I'm pulling the trigger. In another week, I might start the Miami pair over Baltimore's. RBBC is making line up decisions much more difficult these days...

Thoughts?

I considered Jacobs and Bradshaw this week. Just can't pull the trigger.

McFadden and Bush may be a play against KC as well.

Still doesn't make sense to me to ever start 2 RBs from the same team unless desperate. Its taking me some time to adjust to the new NFL. LOL

They both need to "go off" to get what you should expect from 2 starting RBs. Unless of course you have no other options

Edited by Zooty

I considered Jacobs and Bradshaw this week. Just can't pull the trigger.

McFadden and Bush may be a play against KC as well.

Still doesn't make sense to me to ever start 2 RBs from the same team unless desperate. Its taking me some time to adjust to the new NFL. LOL

They both need to "go off" to get what you should expect from 2 starting RBs. Unless of course you have no other options

Can you even draft two "starting" Rb's anymore? Rice starts... but MaGahee gets his, even outpointing Rice last week. Same for Miami... Williams outpointed the starter, Brown.

Can you even draft two "starting" Rb's anymore? Rice starts... but MaGahee gets his, even outpointing Rice last week. Same for Miami... Williams outpointed the starter, Brown.

True. Its hard

I try to get my 1st RB as a non committee guy and just deal with 2 and 3 as the guy who gets the "majority" of the touches

I am beginning to think this could even be a viable draft strategy in leagues with a flex. Get the stud RB, and then look for a tandem of RB's on a run oriented offense, and play them both. It's pretty hard to get two feature RB's in a 12 team draft anymore. I'll be rolling with Rice/ MaGahee until it backfires.

I am beginning to think this could even be a viable draft strategy in leagues with a flex. Get the stud RB, and then look for a tandem of RB's on a run oriented offense, and play them both. It's pretty hard to get two feature RB's in a 12 team draft anymore. I'll be rolling with Rice/ MaGahee until it backfires.

it may make your bye week a little difficult though ?

it may make your bye week a little difficult though ?

Well, on this particular roster, I also have R Williams/R Brown, so no. Most of my leagues have a flex, so the option of starting 4 WR's or 2 TE's is also an option. When I draft, I sometimes even load up players on the same bye week, if that is the way my draft has gone. Take the one loss, and have a nearly full roster for every other week. I won't pass up a player I have ranked higher than others left on the board because of bye week worries. I just want to avoid having TWO really bad bye weeks.

I drafted Rice in the 4th round in one league and 'regreted' as soon as I did. I should've gone with another position. I took McGahee later on and think I might have to start both of them or neither.

If you don't have a flex (start 3 RB's) this won't work. If you do have a flex... it's only one week, but starting the Ravens' duo with Gore was golden.

• 2 weeks later...

This strategy has continued to work very well. Now with Gore out, I have to go with Rice/MaGahee and R Brown or R Brown/R Williams and MaGahee or Rice.

Again, this was not part of my draft strategy, I fell into it thinking I was handcuffing my RB's. It's turned out to be a gold mine of sorts. I'm 4-0 in this IDP redraft league so far, despite losing Gore in a double header week week 3. I'm thinking this could be the way to draft in the future in leagues with a flex.