[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones for Randy Moss... fair trade?

euphy

Again, it doesn't matter how you view the trade, or the players involved. That's between the two people making the trade.

Right.. and again

The topic of this thread is ASKING ME HOW I VIEW THE TRADE.

And the option to veto is up to each individual as well. Whether you personally believe in it or not.

...On the note of things that we don't like that are inherently part of the game...

I would like basketball rims to be lowered to a height of 8 feet so that I can do 360 windmill dunks in games.

Edited by michaelman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a joke. Randy Moss for Julius Jones?.. only one word comes to mind.

COLLUSION.

you should be kicked out of the league or just quit because you're either cheating or don't know squat about football.. let alone fantasy football. All the goal line carries? lol....

See...here's where you lost me. Your opinion on a trade might be...wow...I think Moss is much more valuable than Jones,...and it's not ever close!

What you did what attempt to channel your inner Jim Rome and make it a personal attack.....no real need for that.

Edited by bankerboy

See...here's where you lost me. You opinion on a trade is...wow...I think Moss is much more valuable than Jones,...and it's not ever close!

What you did what attempt to channel your inner Jim Rome and make it a person attack.....no real need for that.

There is never any need to make a personal attack. Why did I do it? Frankly I'm irritated by anyone that thinks Julius is worth Randy Moss. To the point that I don't mind being a dick.

So yes.. amidst all of my replies are some opinion and some venting in the form of personal attacks. At least I fess up to it.

Now it's your guys turn to admit Julius for Moss is ridic.

What does fair and equitable have to do with anything? If you want fair and equatable go join a church league where they don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy.

Even if Moss straight up for Julius Jones is unequitable in value there are more factors at play then just those two players. The team trading Moss may be strong at WR and weak at RB and is looking to take a hit to his WRs to shore up his RBs to INCREASE THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF HIS TEAM. Last time I checked my score is the accumulation of the points from ALL of my players. Let's take a hypothetical:

Presume this is my team:

RB: LT, Gore, Bradshaw, Bush

WR: Moss, SSmith (NYG), Vincent Jackson, Cotchery

For the next several weeks I have a glaring hole at the RB position and will not score any points there. Why should I be prevented from trading one of my WRs for another player. And before you say I should trade one of my other WRs currently two of those WRs have more points than Moss and the other is right behind him.

What a player has done in the past should not matter.

Let me begin with. "L O L"

I didn't know that "acumen" was spelled with two C's... you're a sharp one.

Wow.. are you really going to go into some TINY exception where some league makes RB's worth a lot to support your argument? I think we'll just be smarter and stick to the standard scoring format or something close to it.

And a league NOT having a FLEX position Supports My claim... that you should compare RBS to RBS and WRS to WRS... think you confused yourself there mr. Double C Accumen.

Damn, you got me, dude. I didn't spell acumen right, you win. While I'm basing my argument on scenarios relevant to fantasy football, your argument is based on my inability to spell. :wacko:

While your post doesn't really warrant (or is it warant) a response, I figured I'd rub your nose in your own poopy.

Jones is the 7th highest scoring RB in my league and Moss is the 12th highest scoring WR. I personally think Moss is going to be a better overall player this year, but it is how it fits your lineup needs. Jones have a VERY easy schedule and I honestly think he will be top 10, if not top 8 RB this year due to that favorable schedule. If you pay money to manage a team you should be able to manage it. PERIOD. Why should everyone else in the league dictate what you do with your team. Are they going to reimburse you if they are wrong? Most likely not. So why should they run your team.

What does fair and equitable have to do with anything? If you want fair and equatable go join a church league where they don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy.

This makes more sense than anything else in this thread. Trades should never be revoked unless there is evidence (or at least a strong suspicion) of collusion... in other words, money being exchanged under the table, etc. I just don't see that in this trade... looks more like somebody who is higher on Jones than most, and another who is more down on Moss than most, but not to the point of being crazy. Moss has gotten off to a slow start. Jones has had a couple of nice games. What gives anybody the right to revoke this trade based on what people speculated Moss or Jones MIGHT DO, in terms of projected numbers? If that is how a commissioner/league determines whether or not a trade should be allowed, then they had better assume that Owens' numbers are going to improve as well (since he has started just as slow as Moss, if not more-so).

Here is a trade that recently went through in a keeper league that I commish:

Matt Forte

Roddy White

Greg Jennings

2010 2nd, 6th, and 7th round picks

for

Ray Rice

Joseph Addai

Mark Clayton

2010 1st, and two 5th round picks

The guy giving up Forte gave up three "studs" for Rice, a couple of scrubs (at least that's what everyone thought Addai was going to be, going into the season, right?) and three pick "upgrades"... not even close to what I would consider an even trade. But, as much as I didn't think it was even, the question I had to ask was whether or not I thought there was anything shady going on. I didn't, and I'm 100% sure there wasn't. As it turns out, the owner isn't too high on Forte this year (which certainly makes sense), and probably thinks Rice is going to be a stud (which he very well may be). Not "fair" or "even", but also not worthy of being revoked, either. :wacko:

Speculation based on fact and trends.

The injury argument is not even relevant b/c it applies to both sides.

I think YOU are hung up on the NAME RECOGNITION. Me on the other hand?

I'm hung up with 40 pass targets to lead the NFL, and 26 pass receptions to lead the NFL, and That's with a struggling QB.

The injury argument is relevant when Moss is admittedly hurting and limited in practice. And where are the TDs? But good for you. You like Moss more than Julius Jones. :wacko:

In one of my leagues Julius Jones has almost twice as many fantasy points as Randy Moss YTD. Jones also has a favorable schedule and is getting the majority of the carries (and is healthy). The name recognition thing works both ways (i.e. Julius Jones has sucked in the past, therefore he sucks now).

Four votes should never be a majority, this is why I would never play in a league like this or with people like you.

The only reason you would veto this trade would be, because you think it would be harder for your team to win.

Four votes a majority, what crap. Let Owners manage their teams, not you and three whinny other teams afraid

their team is worse off because of the trade. Get real.

The trade should not have been veto'd as it cleary was not an attempt of trickey.

I just wish I was in a league where I got traded a player like Randy Moss for a player like Julies Jones (in my mind)

I just finished a draft a few hours ago here is where the 2 players went in this PPR draft

5th pick - Randy Moss

50th pick - Julies Jones

But hey if Jones was the guy you really wanted by all means go out and get him.

If your not sold on Moss then trade him.

I assume you prolly took Moss in the 1st round ? I just personally have a hard time trading away my 1st round picks after 3 weeks into the season.

Good luck with Jones the rest of the way and if Moss blows up or Jones lays down the rest of the year I will prolly come back to the thread but I tell you what if Jones blows up and Moss dies the rest of the way I will tell you ...you were right and I was wrong.

let's get this straight. Randy Moss - who has been playing with a bad back with a HOF QB that is just getting the rust knocked off....for a mediocre talented RB on a team that is struggling offensively with injurires, and carries about 60% of the snaps, none of the goal line carries btw.

Give me a break....I couldn't trade McGahee for Moss in my league right now.

• 3 weeks later...
sgaf i almost started julius over moss at flex...instead i am benching jennings or ray rice to keep them both in.,., prob mistake b/c moss will not get a td again, but it is PPR and he is getting catches

Yep Moss prolly will never score again

:wacko::D:D

:D:D:2cents:

• 2 weeks later...

So how is this working out ? Julius Jones had 5 carries for 5 yards in his last game.

To think that anyone in their right mind would think Julies Jones for Randy Moss was a good trade tells you a little about how you are not good at fantasy football if you even thought this was possible.