[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speeding Tickets

nuke'em ttg

I got pulled over for the first time since like 2003 this week.

I wasn't speeding at all, and I did nothing wrong.

The cop pulled me over to let me know that my license plates were going to expire soon... :wacko:

Then he checked my license and insurance and let me go.

I didn't think it was legal to pull someone over when they did nothing wrong whatsoever and check them out, but maybe I'm wrong.

That is clearly a cop overstepping the probable cause bounds. It sounds to me like you were being racially profiled. Was the officer Hispanic or Black?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got pulled over for the first time since like 2003 this week.

I wasn't speeding at all, and I did nothing wrong.

The cop pulled me over to let me know that my license plates were going to expire soon... :D

Then he checked my license and insurance and let me go.

I didn't think it was legal to pull someone over when they did nothing wrong whatsoever and check them out, but maybe I'm wrong.

Didnt we address this in the "Arizona Cop specifically targeting hispancs" thread?

Its not illegal if the cops do it . . . . :wacko:

i think i've had 5 but can't quite remember. all but 1 before i was 18 and i had to go re-take the written test to keep my license. lost my license in jersey for 3 months (i was living in PA). i think i had pretty bad luck because i haven't completely taken my foot off the peddle, but i drive much more carefully than i did when i was young and crazy.

Got my first speeding ticket on my college graduation day. The a-hole CHP'er said "congratulations, here's your graduation gift" and proceeded to hand me a ticket with my drivers license number written down wrong. I tried to protest, stating that if the guy couldn't read numbers on a license, how are we to believe he can read them on a speed gun or his speedometer? :D:D

Got another one on my drive out to Texas after my bachelor party, in Arizona. Then another a year or so later outside Houston on our way to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

I think that's it. :wacko: