[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis is maddening

Dcat

I almost wish he was inactive. Now that he is active and presumably starting, what to expect?

I am not asking who I should start here... just what people expect of Portis now that he is officially playing.

I have him benched (starting Choice, Jerome Harrison and Donald Driver in my flex over him)... but now I am reconsidering.

What are realistic expectations for Portis today? How much playing time?

I'm in a similar situation with Portis and am extremely tempted to sit him down; but I drafted him as my second RB for a reason. He gets one more shot for me this week ... if they lay another egg against TB I'll be ready to waive him.

I am playing him over FJax this week.

I am hoping he does ok in at least one game so I can move him. I tried to move him last week and the only offer I got was for a bag of magic beans, so I guess ride it out with him one more week. I too was hoping he was sitting this week, he's better not let me down, but my expectations are pretty low this week so it should hard for him to let me down.

Oh well... I flipped Portis in and took Jerome Harrison out. Cleveland doesn't score any TDs anyway. Plus, Cleveland will be playing from behind all day and will have to air it out. I drafted Porits... might as well live and die by him. Good luck to my fellow Portis sufferers this week, at least for those of you who started him like I just did.

Oh well... I flipped Portis in and took Jerome Harrison out. Cleveland doesn't score any TDs anyway. Plus, Cleveland will be playing from behind all day and will have to air it out. I drafted Porits... might as well live and die by him. Good luck to my fellow Portis sufferers this week, at least for those of you who started him like I just did.

Yeah, I think Jerome Harrison is the chic pick of the day, but Cinci's running D is pretty good. However, Harrision did decent last week against the Ravens, but that's about the best your can hope for is decent. With Portis it's either feast or famine, and lately it's been famine. However, it's Portis, so the upside is greater. Where i had to choose between options like Harrison and Portis, I took Portis.

I am playing him over FJax this week.

I am hoping he does ok in at least one game so I can move him. I tried to move him last week and the only offer I got was for a bag of magic beans, so I guess ride it out with him one more week. I too was hoping he was sitting this week, he's better not let me down, but my expectations are pretty low this week so it should hard for him to let me down.

Wow, I got it right for once :wacko:

9 points vs 6 points :D

I almost wish he was inactive. Now that he is active and presumably starting, what to expect?

I am not asking who I should start here... just what people expect of Portis now that he is officially playing.

I have him benched (starting Choice, Jerome Harrison and Donald Driver in my flex over him)... but now I am reconsidering.

What are realistic expectations for Portis today? How much playing time?

I fail to see how the toughest RB in the league, who plays despite numerous injuries every season, and is guaranteed to get his 15-25 touches every week, is maddening. Is he a RB1 anymore? No. But he is about a sure thing as you can get for touches and chances each week as a RB2 on a team that runs the balls consistently.