[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle needs an award

Furd

What else do you guys expect?

Less "knee-jerk reaction" threads clogging up the boards. It's fine if people want to post and ask questions, have discussions, etc. I think what many of us have a problem with is when people do one of the the following, just to name a few:

- Start a "Is so-and-so playing?" thread, midway through the first quarter, just because the player hasn't caught a pass yet.

- Posting that "so-and-so is officially a bust" three weeks into the season.

- Starting a thread on a specific player without scrolling down to see that there are already two other threads, discussing the same player, on the first page of the same forum.

- Asking "what happened to so-and-so?", when simply looking at the box score for that player's game might explain it. Perfect example would be Drew Brees this week... Sure, he didn't throw any TD's, but it's not like he got hurt or played terribly. The Saints' defense was great today, and they never really had the need to air it out. My point is this... if somebody has the ability to post here, they have the ability to look at a box score or game log that Sportsline, ESPN, NFL.com, and several other sites provide.

- Most importantly, starting a thread to ask if "so-and-so is going to play", when he's already listed as Out or Active on the "Gameday Inactives" list on the home page, which updates every 30 seconds prior to kickoff on Sunday mornings.

Like I said, discussions are great... this stuff is annoying an unnecessary.

Less "knee-jerk reaction" threads clogging up the boards. It's fine if people want to post and ask questions, have discussions, etc. I think what many of us have a problem with is when people do one of the the following, just to name a few:

- Start a "Is so-and-so playing?" thread, midway through the first quarter, just because the player hasn't caught a pass yet.

- Posting that "so-and-so is officially a bust" three weeks into the season.

- Starting a thread on a specific player without scrolling down to see that there are already two other threads, discussing the same player, on the first page of the same forum.

- Asking "what happened to so-and-so?", when simply looking at the box score for that player's game might explain it. Perfect example would be Drew Brees this week... Sure, he didn't throw any TD's, but it's not like he got hurt or played terribly. The Saints' defense was great today, and they never really had the need to air it out. My point is this... if somebody has the ability to post here, they have the ability to look at a box score or game log that Sportsline, ESPN, NFL.com, and several other sites provide.

- Most importantly, starting a thread to ask if "so-and-so is going to play", when he's already listed as Out or Active on the "Gameday Inactives" list on the home page, which updates every 30 seconds prior to kickoff on Sunday mornings.

Like I said, discussions are great... this stuff is annoying an unnecessary.

This is why I think there should be a Fantasy section and an NFL section. That would fix that problem.