[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle needs an award

Furd

Invariably, at about 1:10 every Sunday afternoon, it begins:

Is Joe Brown injured?

Is Joe Brown playing?

What's wrong with Joe Brown?

What's up with Joe Brown?

Joe Brown?

It is apparent that this thread is caused by the observation that Joe Brown hasn't registered a statistic even though his team has had eight offensive snaps. I believe that the member's scoreboard vigilance, and obvious concern for the well being of someone who is most likely a complete stranger, deserves recoginition with an award of some type. (Alas, given the number of such threads, it would only be practicable to reward the originator of the first thread.)

Note - this is not to be confused with the JOE BROWN IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!! threads which are apparently caused by the observation that Brown only has 14 yards rushing on 8 carries mid-way through the second quarter. Although perhaps this type of thread deserves an award as well.

Perhaps we can forget the formal awards and make do with scorn and ridicule, informally. Either way, something must be done.

Invariably, at about 1:10 every Sunday afternoon, it begins:

Is Joe Brown injured?

Is Joe Brown playing?

What's wrong with Joe Brown?

What's up with Joe Brown?

Joe Brown?

It is apparent that this thread is caused by the observation that Joe Brown hasn't registered a statistic even though his team has had eight offensive snaps. I believe that the member's scoreboard vigilance, and obvious concern for the well being of someone who is most likely a complete stranger, deserves recoginition with an award of some type. (Alas, given the number of such threads, it would only be practicable to reward the originator of the first thread.)

Note - this is not to be confused with the JOE BROWN IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!! threads which are apparently caused by the observation that Brown only has 14 yards rushing on 8 carries mid-way through the second quarter. Although perhaps this type of thread deserves an award as well.

Perhaps we can forget the formal awards and make do with scorn and ridicule, informally. Either way, something must be done.

Agreed 100%

I think Big John should start :wacko: the morans who clutter up the boards with silly and/or duplicate threads with his mighty green hands and see if that doesnt clean it up in here a little bit...

No link, but Joe Brown has just been suspended for four weeks under the league's substance abuse policy. I'm glad I passed on him in all 132 of my leagues.

The only part of it that is the least bit amusing is that the people who are starting and contributing to those threads are also not aware of most of the language filters... this makes the thread titles, as well as the threads' content, somewhat entertaining at times.

The only part of it that is the least bit amusing is that the people who are starting and contributing to those threads are also not aware of most of the language filters... this makes the thread titles, as well as the threads' content, somewhat entertaining at times.

I love DMD's language filters. :wacko:

when I wore my first dress me! Hey Sailor! New in town???? Third Eye Blind!

I love DMD's language filters. :wacko:

when I wore my first dress me! Hey Sailor! New in town???? Third Eye Blind!

Another one I saw today... :D

when I wore my first dress me, you have to be poopyting me. Hey Sailor! New in town???