[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hasta La Vista, Vista

DMD

My computer had some problems last week - could not send mail though I could get it, could not open the software I use to write and publish on the site and other "little" stuff - and after having my computer guy come here and spend about 5 hours, we both gave up on battling Vista on my machine. So I opted to go buy the full version of Windows 7 instead of just the upgrade since I want no vestige of Vista on my machine.

I previously had Vista when it first came out and went through nightmares with it that I posted about here a couple of years ago.

I loaded on a new full version of Microsoft 7 and so far - this is nothing like Vista. At least in the sense that everything just loaded. Everything just works. I did not have to load any drivers. I had no problems with any incompatibilities with anything. It has a few things that are different looking and I have not really explored it much but so far it seems like a version of windows that works on everything. Been pretty nice and fast.

I have some suspicion that the windows update I had last week was a poison pill that microsoft sent out as their way of saying "maybe time for a new OS?"

So far, Windows 7 is pretty nice.

We just upgraded all of our work computers to 7. Overall so far I'm kind of meh. A few new features, a few annoyances. We got it free as part of our Microsoft Action Pack subscription. If i had to pay for it, I probably wouldn't have upgraded at this time.

Yeah, I know :wacko:

So far the six people I know that have done this have all been happy and for $29.99...you really can't beat it.

Can you get a copy for each PC? I have a kid in post-grad who is eligible but is there a limit to how many you can get?