[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pat's or Geno's

TimC

Pat's v Geno's  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pat's v Geno's

• Pat's
    • Geno's
    • Puddy

And then they use the New York subway motif. :wacko:

edit: BMT stands for Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit there but Subway's official designation is "Biggest, Meatiest, Tastiest"

edit2: And it did not start in a subway nor subway station

It's Biggest, Meatiest, Tastiest.

For my creds, I sold Subway franchises for 8 years as well field work opening stores/training franchisees in Indiana/Ohio, as well as managing two stores in Fort Wayne.

Question: Just because the name is attached, does that mean the only place to get the best "philly cheesesteak" is in Philly? Kinda like... is the only place to get the best "buffalo wings" is in Buffalo?

pretty much anywhere else that has a "Philly Cheesesteak" takes an actual steak and puts it between two slices of bread or some crappy roll...

pretty much anywhere else that has a "Philly Cheesesteak" takes an actual steak and puts it between two slices of bread or some crappy roll...

you mean to tell me that not a single person that has moved from Philly has capitalized on the mystique of the hoagie bearing its name and has been able to reproduce it or possibly improve upon it?? Amazing. I thought people from that town were smarter. Seriously though... it's all about the location?

you mean to tell me that not a single person that has moved from Philly has capitalized on the mystique of the hoagie bearing its name and has been able to reproduce it or possibly improve upon it?? Amazing. I thought people from that town were smarter. Seriously though... it's all about the location?

most of it has to do with the roll....I mentioned this in an earlier post in this thread.....it's the water and how the dough rises here as opposed to elsewhere...

you smack that on top of other places just getting the philly cheesesteak wrong...and yeah...

it has a lot to do with location...

For my creds, I sold Subway franchises for 8 years as well field work opening stores/training franchisees in Indiana/Ohio, as well as managing two stores in Fort Wayne.
You are both right. Offically it is Biggest, Meatiest, and Tastiest but early on it was also based on the Brooklyn Manhattan Transit.

My creds are the offical Subway FAQ.

Last Question:

36. What does B.M.T.® stand for?

The acronym B.M.T.® stands for Biggest, Meatiest, and Tastiest. In the early days of SUBWAY® restaurants, it was a promotion that was based on the Brooklyn Manhattan Transit system in New York City that went along with the subway theme.

Which two shops did you manage in FTW?

most of it has to do with the roll....I mentioned this in an earlier post in this thread.....it's the water and how the dough rises here as opposed to elsewhere...

:D

:D

But as with all Philly steaks and hoagies, much of the delicacy is the bread...must be a doughy roll, ala Amorosa's. Around here, the texture is perfected because of the hardness of the water...keeps the bread doughy, almost chewy.

:wacko:

the best steak sammich is about less than a mile away from my house :wacko:

well that explains everything- why didn't you say so. Chinks is exactly the same as Pat's Geno's, Steve's POS, etc. IMO- I'm not a fan of the big slabs of unchopped meat- I much prefer Jim's style chopped steak, but whatever.

Edited by Marauders11