[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Turner...

irish

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/...ss_sports_82014

Could Turner really return this week after there was initial talk of him suffering a dreaded high ankle sprain?!? If he does, his owners have to be wondering, will it be to handle his full workload or just to kill both he and Snelling's fantasy value for such a terrific matchup against the Bucs? If he's close to 100% and ready to carry a full load, by all means, play. If not, stay out a second week, get heathy, come back next week and let Snelling kill it for one more week.

I'm wondering the same thing after waking up to this news on Snelling.....

Michael Turner (ankle) returned to practice on Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Snelling will take a back-up role if Turner is able to play on Sunday.

Recommendation: Turner was limited in practice, but Jerious Norwood (hip) participated in full on Wednesday. Snelling had more carries than Norwood when he was still healthy, so the Falcons may opt to keep him in a starting role regardless. That will not be the case if Turner is healthy, however. If you picked up Snelling last week, you had to be pretty pleased with his 76 yards and two scores against the Giants, but you may want to start looking elsewhere for a replacement with the way things are shaping up.

(Rotowire.com)

After losing to the Giants last week, Falcons are pretty close to being in must-win mode to get to the playoffs...at 5-5, they need to go 5-1 the rest of the way to finish ahead of the clusterfok that will be all the 9-7 teams.

If he has a pulse and can give it a go, he likely will, IMO.

I hear that, but you HAVE to think at home against Tampa they can get it done without Turner.

If he practices close to full tomorrow he'll play, but again I'd be very surprised.

To me the good sign here is he should only miss two games tops.

After losing to the Giants last week, Falcons are pretty close to being in must-win mode to get to the playoffs...at 5-5, they need to go 5-1 the rest of the way to finish ahead of the clusterfok that will be all the 9-7 teams.

If he has a pulse and can give it a go, he likely will, IMO.

Snellings wasn't the reason they lost. He proved to be more than capable of filling in for Turner, I would think (hope) the coaches in Atlanta would realize that Snellings could fill in for Turner against the Buc's and rest :wacko: Turner for the more important games!

Snellings wasn't the reason they lost. He proved to be more than capable of filling in for Turner, I would think (hope) the coaches in Atlanta would realize that Snellings could fill in for Turner against the Buc's and rest :wacko: Turner for the more important games!

That would make sense. As an owner of both guys i hope that's what they do.

RB Michael Turner (sprained ankle) participated in limited practice Thursday. After missing last Sunday's game, Turner has a chance to return to the lineup this weekend.

(Yahoo! Sports)

New player notes Thu, Nov 26

Turner (ankle) was limited at practice Thursday, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. "Mike is probably going to down to the wire in terms of a game-time decision on if he's going to be able to play or not," coach Mike Smith said Thursday.

Recommendation: Turner, who essentially agreed with his coach's assessment, remains hopeful that he can play against Tampa Bay Sunday. "Yeah, it's a game-time decision," Turner said. "I'm still working out some kinks and things like that. Just normal stuff that you've got to do coming off an ankle sprain." On the plus side for the Falcons, there is a solid chance the team's backfield will welcome back Jerious Norwood this week.

(Rotowire.com)

Turner (ankle) practiced on Thursday and there's a good chance he's going to return Sunday against Tampa Bay, Fox's Jay Glazer reports.

Recommendation: Keep an eye on this situation for the next few days, but we'd put Turner's odds of playing at much better than 50-50 at this stage. It's a nice matchup, at home against the Bucs, but because he's dealing with the dreaded high ankle sprain there's some additional risk to using him if he's active.

(Rotowire.com)

RB Michael Turner (sprained ankle) participated in limited practice Thursday. After missing last Sunday's game, Turner has a chance to return to the lineup this weekend.

(Yahoo! Sports)

Turner (ankle) was limited at practice Thursday, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. "Mike is probably going to down to the wire in terms of a game-time decision on if he's going to be able to play or not," coach Mike Smith said Thursday.

Recommendation: Turner, who essentially agreed with his coach's assessment, remains hopeful that he can play against Tampa Bay Sunday. "Yeah, it's a game-time decision," Turner said. "I'm still working out some kinks and things like that. Just normal stuff that you've got to do coming off an ankle sprain." On the plus side for the Falcons, there is a solid chance the team's backfield will welcome back Jerious Norwood this week.

(Rotowire.com)

Turner (ankle) practiced on Thursday and there's a good chance he's going to return Sunday against Tampa Bay, Fox's Jay Glazer reports.

Recommendation: Keep an eye on this situation for the next few days, but we'd put Turner's odds of playing at much better than 50-50 at this stage. It's a nice matchup, at home against the Bucs, but because he's dealing with the dreaded high ankle sprain there's some additional risk to using him if he's active.

(Rotowire.com)

At least it's a 1:00 game.

Michael Turner (questionable, ankle) is expected to play Sunday, sources tell NFL.com's Steve Wyche.

Wyche is a reliable source as he used to cover the Falcons for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Turner will still test his ankle sprain in warmups, but Wyche says there were enough positive signs in practice that the Falcons consider him probable to play. Turner will start if he's active and Jason Snelling needs to be on benches.

Nov. 28 - 6:32 pm et

Source: NFL.com

Goody...not only do I get to deal w/ Brokentron sabotaging my playoff hopes, now

i get the "Luke Warmer"

Let's pray to the FF Gods he not only survives the tilt, but actually proves productive! I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be a game time deactivation...

I can't do it....all the signs are there that will say he'll play a little, but they will be very careful with him....especially if they get up early.

what signs indicate he will only play a little? i have turner in one league and snelling in another and am really torn on this one.

I can't do it....all the signs are there that will say he'll play a little, but they will be very careful with him....especially if they get up early.

Against the Bucs you can. Even if he is limited late in the game because they're up big (2nd half-ish), Turner would be a big reason why. Remember in the Carolina game he went out at the end of the first quarter or beginning of the 2nd and he already had 113 yards or something like that. Turner's your horse, roll with him. Besides, did he really have a high ankle sprain or was it just a regular sprain blown out of proportion?

Besides, did he really have a high ankle sprain or was it just a regular sprain blown out of proportion?

Makes one wonder doesn't it? WTH, I'll roll with him. Besides, if I lose, I can kick back and enjoy the final five weeks of NFL football without worrying about how my stiffs performed!

Having both OTs- Clabo and Baker active will only help matters as well.

what signs indicate he will only play a little? i have turner in one league and snelling in another and am really torn on this one.

Just doesn't make sense...the HC was saying mid week that Norwood was so far ahead of Turner in terms of coming back, and when you've got a healthy Snelling and Norwood, with Turner? This is something to stay away from all together "if you can". I personally have Scott over Turner in my only team with Turner.

Add this with the Falcons playing at home against a rookie QB, he will get rattled, and I see the Falcons having this game under control early, which will allow Atlanta to spread the wealth, and not have to ride Turner.

So, that's my feeling on this.