[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm headed out to the ToysRUs Midnight sale

TDFFFreak

Am I crazy?

Looks to be some real good deals on some things that I want to get for my daughter. I never thought that I'd be one of those people who goes at crazy hours to make sure I get the gift I want at a good price, but here I am...

Tell me I'm the only one who's done stupid stuff like this?

My wife's snoring woke me up at 5:30 this morning. I decided to go to Wally World to grab a GPS to replace ours that was stolen last summer. The parking lot was mostly full, but I was not prepared for what was in side. Every checkout lane was open and almost all had lines that stretched to the back of the store. Thankfully they had already sold out, which made my decision of if I REALLY wanted to wait in line that long a moot point. Went home, crawled back in bed for an hour or two. Ended up just buying it on Walmart.com. Ships to my house for $.97. I'll gladly pay a buck not to have to wait in a line for an hour or two to check out.

The wife, SIL and CIL (cousin in law) went to that sale last night, left at 11pm, haven't heard from them yet although my SIL posted on FB that she waited in line at Walmart for 4 hrs to check out, obviously early this morning. Nutbags.

I've done it before, but I can usually find a comparable deal online these days. I considered going to Best Buy to get a game for my son half-off, but I found it half-off on Amazon yesterday. It will arrive today w/ free shipping. :wacko:

Here, in Milwaukee, I actually did it for the first time last night to pick up the Ipod Touch 8gb for my daughter. It was a nightmare (and cold to boot) and I'll never do it again. I got there at 11pm but the store did not open until 12:40 am because the police (5 squad cars) had to arrive and disperse the mob that was lined up ready to bum rush the door. Keep in mind there was probably over 1000 people standing in line to get in and these fools thought they had a right just to walk in without standing in line. So once I got in I had to wait another hour and 10 minutes in line just to get in the electronics department to get the Ipod. Luckily, store employees came out earlier and handed out tickets for the Ipod so at least I was guaranteed one.

The only good thing that came out of this was that I managed to be waiting in line with a couple of young hotties and milfs! We all passed the time talking with each other. It's probably the only thing that kept me from leaving the line and going home.

(sigh)...the things we do for our kids. Now only if they would appreciate it. :wacko:

It was much more crowded than I thought it was going to be, but the crowds were much more civil than I though as well. At times you couldn't get through some isles and I was often bumped accidentally by shopping carts and boxes.

Unless there is something I absolutely need or was way too good of a deal to pass up, I won't be doing this again.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Wifey goes, more than anything to enjoy the hustle-bustle and kick off the holiday season traditionally...she digs shopping :wacko:

Me? I slept til 8:00, made breakfast for the kids, and am lounging in my sweats while the kids do their thing. :D

+1

The wife and daughter love doing this... Left the house around 10PM last night and came crawling back in around 8 AM.

Me? Slept in, got up when she got in, made a good cup of coffee and crawled into the hot tub for an hour..... Sometimes life is very good......

Best Buy opened at 5 am with the Sony 32" Bravia for $377...scooby drove by BestBuy on way to ToysRus at midnight (she said too many people at store so she turned around) and she noticed the campers already there at BestBuy. So, I slept a little later and went around 6:20 am and went straight to customer service. The rep ran to the back and brought the TV up front and checked me out. The whole process took 20 minutes and I was home. No need to camp out and they had plenty of TVs there. It would have been hard to browse and if you didn't know what you wanted then you were screwed, but for the shopper who knew what they wanted it was perfect.