[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My math ain't so hot

Cunning Runt

You can still tie with decimal scoring. Granted, a little less likely, but it still happens.

The Interboard league have 96 owners. Each owner plays 7 opponents each week. There's been one tie this year. That would be one tie in over 4000 contests so far this year.

I know of teams in WCOFF that have 2 ties this season. That would be 2 ties in 11 games.

Looks like the answer could range from once every 6 weeks to once every 56 years. I'm guessing it's a whole heck of a lot less often for a tie to occur with decimal scoring. You could also say that the Interboard league is different since it's very common for owners to be playing the same QBs or RBs against each other since there are 8 copies of NFL players on rosters. So that should further increase the odds of having a tie.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm guessing it's a whole heck of a lot less often for a tie to occur with decimal scoring.

Agree 100%.

My comment about ties can still happen with decimal scoring is more in response to the many people that come in to threads where a tie is being discussed, post little more than "Decimal Scoring" as if it is the holy grail of solutions to ties.

IMO, ties are not a problem. They happen. Proper planning for them, whether it be accepting the normal used standard of 1/2 win, 1/2 loss or making a clearly defined league specific determination on how they are counted, or placing further additional measures into league rules (ie, removing certain position scores, starting a separate tiebreak player(s), etc.) is the only real solution.

IMO, ties are not a problem. They happen. Proper planning for them, whether it be accepting the normal used standard of 1/2 win, 1/2 loss or making a clearly defined league specific determination on how they are counted, or placing further additional measures into league rules (ie, removing certain position scores, starting a separate tiebreak player(s), etc.) is the only real solution.

Indeed.