[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Celek a top 5 TE?

RJV

I don't see how he couldn't be. Lets put it this way, who would you draft before him?

Gates, Gonzo, Clark, and maybe Witten? Honestly I would put him 4th in front of Witten.

Edited by RJV

Maybe but I still would pick Celek over him easily. Davis scares me a little to much.

That's nuts there, homer goggles. I'd take V. Davis over Celek easily.

That's nuts there, homer goggles. I'd take V. Davis over Celek easily.

ok I can see why you would think that way. Put it this way, who has more weapons? Eagles do. 49ers has no weapons besides Gore and Davis. After this season I see alot of teams eliminating him as a factor.

On Celek's behalf, the Eagles have a much better offense and a crap load of weapons, that Celek tends to slip through alot of the Def cracks. Beside how can you Def all the players that the Eagles have??

Edited by RJV

ok I can see why you would think that way. Put it this way, who has more weapons? Eagles do. 49ers has no weapons besides Gore and Davis. After this season I see alot of teams eliminating him as a factor.

On Celek's behalf, the Eagles have a much better offense and a crap load of weapons, that Celek tends to slip through alot of the Def cracks. Beside how can you Def all the players that the Eagles have??

SF has Crabtree too and he will be an offensive weapon for that team.

As far as Celek goes he will more than likely present much more value than where he is drafted next year...even if he doesn't end up top 5

SF has Crabtree too and he will be an offensive weapon for that team.

As far as Celek goes he will more than likely present much more value than where he is drafted next year...even if he doesn't end up top 5

I agree. The Crabtree comment is true as well, but still the Eagles are far and beyond the 49ers in the amount of talent on a single team.

That's kinda why I like Davis better. When you start naming targets on a team in order, he's first or second. Celek is maybe third or fourth. Philly has a more prolific offense, no question, but there are only so many balls to go around. Ask Ben Watson.

That's kinda why I like Davis better. When you start naming targets on a team in order, he's first or second. Celek is maybe third or fourth. Philly has a more prolific offense, no question, but there are only so many balls to go around. Ask Ben Watson.

LOL true.

If he could stay healthy he would be.

:wacko:

How many games has Shockey missed this year? Even if you look at avg points per game, Shockey is borderline top 15.

When New Orleans isn't using it's 3 headed RB attack, Brees is also targeting Colston, Henderson, Meachem et al.

Edited by bushwacked

Davis

Clark

Gates

Celek

Witten

Then the rest, Cooley/ F Davis, Schinacoe, Finley, Winslow, Olsen, probably forgot one or two.

Keller is the sleeper for next year, IF Sanchez can look like some sembelance of an NFL QB.

When it comes to TE's, I look for a team that has two other offensive weapons. Clark is the exception, but that is because the Colts offense is so prolific. Celek drops some because he has to many others that get targets even though the TE is a big part of the Eagles O. Case in point, he blew up in the first half yeasterday, and then nothing.

Davis is in the ideal situation with Crabtree and Gore. So is Gates. Good thing for Witten that Roy Williams bites.

I'm wondering how the Fred Davis factor will affect Cooley next year? Will the Redskins play more 2 TE formations like how the Packers use Lee & Finley?

In a dynasty league, I have Clark, Cooley, and Keller. We have to get rid of 5 players each year, so I might have to cut loose one of my tight ends. Conventional wisdom is that Keller has the skill set to be a top 5 TE for years to come, and maybe by the time that Dallas Clark diminishes, maybe Sanchez will be able throw the ball to him.

In another dynasty league (where we also get rid of 5 players), I have Celek, Olsen, and Keller. Might dump Olsen or Keller, as Celek seems like a stud for years to come.

Hmmmmmm