[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper RB Next Year?

webbnathan

We can keep one keeper RB for next year. My keepers already are P. Manning and L. Fitzgerald. I was going to keep Ray Rice till these last couple of weeks. I picked Charles up mid season, like many and he has only put up monster numbers week after week since he took over the starters role. Am I crazy to keep Charles over Rice?

How soon do you have to decide? If McGahee goes somewhere in the offseason, then Rice's value shoots way up. Is this a ppr league? If so, again, I think Rice is the winner. Charles has been great, but I agree with the post about him being light. He reminds me of Slaton to some degree. Can't trust him to keep going at the kind of pace he is and stay healthy.

ugh

Charles reminds me of say...Pierre Thomas, Ryan Grant, J Addai, LJ a few years back. They are extremely HOT for half the year and go into the following season looking like the clear cut stud starter. Besides LJ who had nearly 400 carries and put up nice numbers, the rest ended up being say RB#2's.

I'd keep Rice

odds are stacked heavily in Charles favor.

I traded D-Williams and Gore in my dynasty league back in 2006 before they were anything big and look at them now

I traded Charles after week 8 before he had done 1 thing this entire season in my dynasty league and he blew up the very next day!

So I would say with my history of giving up dynasty RBs that blow up Charles is a lock to be the next Chris Johnson

that's a tough, but good decision to have. I'd go Rice though becasue he's done it longer and has a better chance of being real. Who knows what Charles is going to do next year. I think he'll be great, but Rice is surly here to stay and you just cannot say that with Charles. KC picking up Weis though bodes well for Charles.