[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wal-Mart hates charities

bpwallace49

I always count on Shine from Yahoo for all my News.

I call B.S. on the whole Wal-mart paying employee to slash the garments.

When i log in for my e-mail . . and it is on the front page it is tough to miss. :D

But I am suuure you know better than them . . .:D

This week the New York Times [/b]reported a disheartening story about two of the largest retail chains. You see, instead of taking unsold items to sample sales or donating them to people in need, H&M and Wal-Mart have been throwing them out in giant trash bags. And in the case that someone may stumble on these bags and try to keep or re-sell the items, these companies have gone ahead and slashed up garments, cut off the sleeves of coats, and sliced holes in shoes so they are unwearable

The Times must be lying too . . .:wacko:

Edited by bpwallace49

Times is worst paper in World. Front page lies everyday and bury the real news in the back. Wal-mart has done more charity work than all other retailers combined.

Yes I do own Wal-Mart stock.

Surely somehow you can link this to Obama hating solid Chinese businesses like Wal-Mart, right? :wacko:

Obviously they didnt donate the said garments to charity, and decided to destroy them instead.

Should I change it to "Walmart just doesnt care about poor people or charities"? :wacko:

Advice: You need to stop arguing with Internet idiots. Argue with gbpfan, millerx, mucca and any of the righties (even perch!) who can carry a reasonably coherent argument but don't waste your time on a total loony.

I always count on Shine from Yahoo for all my News.

I call B.S. on the whole Wal-mart paying employee to slash the garments.

When I was a DM for Burlington Coat Factory we would go thru damages and decide to mark them down or mark them out of stock and before throwing them away we would have to cut them up so they were unwearable or make the items unusuable....and by damaged it could be as little as discoloration from lighting or say some stitches being pulled out from a design.

Could there be some legal or accounting reason to do this? In order to "write off" bad merchandise it must be destroyed so it can't be resold? Just thinking there may be a reason for this?

If not, then I don't see why a place would destroy it as opposed to giving to charity??

Could there be some legal or accounting reason to do this? In order to "write off" bad merchandise it must be destroyed so it can't be resold? Just thinking there may be a reason for this?

If not, then I don't see why a place would destroy it as opposed to giving to charity??

I would not be surprised if every major retailer does the same thing to prevent a black market in their branded stuff. I'm no Walmart fan but it strikes me this isn't unique.

This does not dispute anything in the original link and its 3 year old info.

No is not intended to dispute anything you freaking simpleton. It is intended to show that Wal Mart does not hate charities which was the fuggin title of the thread. Now I see why you so often contribute nothing to a thread. Also, I am sure I can find more up to date info, but you already know that. :wacko:

Here they are currently throwing 4000 pounds of food in the land fill a week. They came to the city commission and told them to come up with a plan and they could have it. So a group of citizens are currently developing a food bank. They will pick it up from Walmart, freeze it and distribute it out all over South Dakota.

I would not be surprised if every major retailer does the same thing to prevent a black market in their branded stuff. I'm no Walmart fan but it strikes me this isn't unique.

Yep. Other reasons may be related to the contract Wally has with the vendor for unsold, marked down, damaged, etc. goods. In many instances, it is cheaper for a vendor to contract DIF ("destroy in field") than take returns. That applies to all goods sold in big box stores. Nothing sinister going on here IMO.

Edited by The Irish Doggy