[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Food stamps thread

BeeR

Just seems how most if not all "political threads" end up here.

:wacko: It's almost as if... wait... can it be? Yep, it's almost as if we should not talk about politics on a football site in the tailgate section! I mean, people try to enjoy each others company and have fun at tailgates. Is that what we do in political threads? Does anybody ever end up changing anyone else's mind in a political thread?

:wacko: It's almost as if... wait... can it be? Yep, it's almost as if we should not talk about politics on a football site in the tailgate section! I mean, people try to enjoy each others company and have fun at tailgates. Is that what we do in political threads? Does anybody ever end up changing anyone else's mind in a political thread?

I am electronically throwing a beer at you for daring to correct what people should say at a tailgate. :D

Not sure if anybody totally changes my mind but I do know that my beliefes and thoughts are a lot different than say BP, Ursa, Yukon, etc but I really do appreciate what they have to say (most of the time) and I do believe that it only helps to broaden my knowledge and I appreciate that.

Not sure if anybody totally changes my mind but I do know that my beliefes and thoughts are a lot different than say BP, Ursa, Yukon, etc but I really do appreciate what they have to say (most of the time) and I do believe that it only helps to broaden my knowledge and I appreciate that.

there is hope four u son. :wacko:

Yes, people do change their minds ever so often. I changed my stance on the death penalty due to discussions on this board. I also came to grudgingly admit that some sort of bailout of the banks and AIG was needed, as my first inclination was to let them fail.

And I have come to understand how "drawing down" can be socially acceptable with mentally ill individuals wandering around. :D

But seriously I love these conversations to get insight from other people from different walks of life.

Alright, even if you fascists and commies do come together once in awhile to broaden each others horizons... Much of the time it quickly becomes a shouting match. I still contend that the majority of people join in political discussions to "set the other side straight" far more than they do because they are interested in truly debating a topic and see the oppositions point of view.

But hey, it's up to you.

How about random drug tests before accepting welfare checks or food stamps? And that includes breathalyzers . ..

Good idea, also how about having to do X amount of community service, with the exception of the physically or

mentally handicapped.