[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama wins more spending cuts than Bush.

evil_gop_liars

So why couldn't Bush get the same programs (Raptor and LORAN) cut that Obama did?

:wacko: maybe he didnt try very hard? The Raptor system is just unneeded in the "new" face of warfare and probably should have been scaled back over 5 years ago . . .

Plus it is easy to justify defense spending in an open-ended war on a noun like "terror". Once deficits start rising, people start looking at the budget more critically.

Now if he can only turn that critical eye to more in Washington we will start making some progress . . . .

Cutting Defense and Education should be nothing to be proud of

:D :D :D

You now hold the "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" record. Congratulations, sir, the Huddle salutes you. :wacko:

Perch will be along shortly to present your prize - a bunch of sour grapes.

:D :D :D

This is great stuff. Obama cuts spending and off you go, wanting more spending. Outstanding. :wacko:

Unbelievable, so you're proud that he cuts education instead of the pork.

In case you haven't noticed, our school systems in this country are broke.

My wife teaches history at our High School, last year during the budget cuts

she was one of the unfortunate ones to be cut, as she had less tenure. Luckily

enough took early retirement buyouts she was put back on. It's so bad here, after

one of the principles retired, they didn't replace her, now we have one principle

taking care of two schools. So yes, cuts in education cut deep with me.

As far as the Raptors, BP is probably right on that, as I haven't read much about them.

enough took early retirement buyouts she was put back on. It's so bad here, after

one of the principles retired, they didn't replace her, now we have one principle

As far as the Raptors, BP is probably right on that, as I haven't read much about them.

What was the funding for education going towards? How much did he cut? What effect is it going to have?

You appear to already know the answers to all three questions.

And one of the cuts being in English where they differentiated principal/principle spellings? :wacko:

:D:D:D

You now hold the "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" record. Congratulations, sir, the Huddle salutes you. :wacko:

Perch will be along shortly to present your prize - a bunch of sour grapes.

the right learned from the left for the last 8 years, sadly.

This seems like a step in the right direction. :wacko:

However, it leaves me with a couple of follow up questions.

1. Obama's success is being compared to Bush's as a percentage of all proposed budget cuts that were approved. I went to the Committe for a Responsible Federal Budget's web site (nice site by the by) that was cited in the article and could not readily find dollar amounts for Bush's proposed budget cuts. I doubt there is much difference in the proposed budget cuts, but 40% of $100 is still less than 15% of $1,000.

2. What is Obama's overall impact on the national budget? If his budget cuts are offset by massive addtional spending and the national budget has increased more dramatically than it has historically, I am not impressed. It should be simple to calculate the increase to the budget as a percentage and compare it to the percentage the budget increased under Bush since the author and many on this site (from both sides) insist on comparing everything Obama does to Bush's performance.