[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys, the Day after

Cowboyz1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone , except you I guess, knows that Roth is avery average QB without the top defense in football. ie : 2009...

I really hope you are fishing here and not this clueless. Roethlisberger was FAR from the problem this year. With a well below average offensive line, he put up these numbers:

66.6% completion rate, 4328 yards, 8.6 yard avg, 26 TD, 12 INT

5th in the NFL in QB Rating

5th in the NFL in completion %

7th in the NFL in yardage

2nd in the NFL in yards per completion

Tied for 10th in the NFL in TD passes

Oh, and he missed a game.

Roethlisbergers QB Rating Ranking year to year

2004: 98.1 (5th in the NFL)

2005: 98.6 (3rd in the NFL)

2006: 75.4 (21st in the NFL)

2007: 104.1 (2nd in the NFL)

2008: 80.1 (24th in the NFL)

2009: 100.5 (5th in the NFL)

NFL records

* Most regular season wins in a season, rookie QB — 13 (2004) [93]

* Longest regular season win streak to start a career for a NFL QB — 15 games (won all 13 starts in the 2004 season, won first 2 games of the 2005 season)[94]

* Most wins as a starting quarterback in first five NFL seasons (reg. season only) - 51 (from 2004-2008)[31]

* Highest passer rating, rookie season — 98.1 (2004)[95]

* Highest completion percentage, rookie season — 66.4% (2004)[95]

* Most games with a completion percentage of 80.0% or higher, regular season (min. 10 attempts) — 4 (2007)[96]

* (Tie) Most touchdown passes, Monday Night Football game — 5 (11/5/2007 vs. Baltimore Ravens) [94]

* First QB to start two Conference Championship games in first two seasons in the NFL (2004 & 2005)[94]

* Youngest starting QB ever to win the Super Bowl (2005; second-youngest QB to play in the Super Bowl, behind Dan Marino)[97]

* Second quarterback in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning, to register three perfect passing games during the regular season, and the only quarterback to ever register two perfect passing games in one regular season. [94]

* Tied for most seasons with one or more postseason starts in the first five years in the league since 1960, with four starts (tied with Bernie Kosar, Donovan McNabb, and Eli Manning).[99]

Pittsburgh Steelers franchise records

In six seasons, Roethlisberger has many individual accomplishments that are record performances in Steelers history.[100][101]

Career Records

* 68-28 (.708) record as starting QB (includes a 8-2 playoff record)

* .708 winning percentage is the highest among all Steelers QBs with at least 20 starts

* Highest Passer Rating (Min. 100 attempts) — 91.7

* Highest Completion % (Min. 100 attempts) — 63.3%

* Highest Yards Per Attempt (Min. 100 attempts) — 8.01

* Most 300+ Yard Passing Games — 13

* Most 400+ Yard Passing Games — 3

* Most 500+ Yard Passing Games — 1

* Most 3000-Yard Passing Seasons — 4

* Most Consecutive 3000-Yard Passing Seasons — 4 (2006-2009)

* Most 4000-Yard Passing Seasons — 1

* Most Consecutive Games With a TD Pass — 15 (from December 3, 2006 through November 18, 2007)

* Most Games with a Passer Rating over 100.0 (regular season) — 37[102]

* Most Games With a Perfect Passer Rating — 3

* Biggest contract in Steelers history (eight years, $102 million)[103]

Season records

* Highest Completion % — 66.6% (2009)

* Most Touchdown Passes — 32 (2007)

* Highest TD% — 7.92% (2007)

* Highest Yards Per Attempt — 8.90 (2005)

* Highest Passer Rating — 104.1 (2007)

* Most Passing Yards — 4,328 (2009)

* Most 300+ Yard Passing Games — 5 (2009)[104]

* Most Pass Completions — 337 (2009)

Single-game records

* Most Passing Yards — 503 (Completed 29 of 46 passes for 503 yards and 3 touchdowns on December 20, 2009 against the Green Bay Packers)

* Most Pass Completions — 38 (Completed 38 of 54 passes for 433 yards on November 5, 2006 against the Denver Broncos)

* (Tie) Most Consecutive Passes Completed, Single Game — 15 (Completed 15 straight on November 26, 2007 against the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football. Bubby Brister also completed 15 straight on October 1, 1989 against the Detroit Lions.)

* Highest Completion %, Game (min. 20 attempts) — 85.7% (Completed 18 out of 21 attempts on November 26, 2007 against the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football)

* (Tie) Most Touchdown Passes, Game — 5 (Threw five TD passes in the first half against the Baltimore Ravens on a Monday-night game November 5, 2007. Tied with Terry Bradshaw and Mark Malone) [105]

Rookie records (achieved during 2004 season)

* Most Pass Attempts — 295

* Most Pass Completions — 196

* Highest Completion % — 66.4%

* Most Passing Yards — 2621

* Most Touchdown Passes — 17

* Highest Yards Per Attempt — 8.88

* Highest Passer Rating — 98.1

* Wins as starting QB — 13

Postseason records

* Highest Completion % (Min. 50 attempts) — 61.9%

* Highest Passer Rating — 87.2

So, once again, please tell me you were just fishing. If not, lets do a side by side with all of Tony Romo's records and see what we come up with. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Big Ben does well under pressure. I have always said that. He is a great game manager and is very succesful behind that D and running game. When the D and running game isnt clicking , not so much. Pitt showed this year that Ben hangs from Polamalus titty.

So, once again, please tell me you were just fishing. If not, lets do a side by side with all of Tony Romo's records and see what we come up with. :wacko:

My post on Ben did'nt mention Romo. I just think that had Ben been drafted by a team that did'nt have an elite defense he'd be an average NFL QB. This has been argued quite a bit over the years.

Listen, Rings and play under pressure certainly go to Big Ben and that is really what counts but since you asked

Romo

Games 61

attempts 1857

Completion % 63.4

Yds 15045

Tds 107

int 55

Ben

Games 87

2411 attempts

Comp% 63.3

yds 19302

Tds 127

int 81

in 26 more games Ben has only 20 more tds and and roughly 4250 more yards

Bill Cowher's 1st 3 seasons

32-16

Mike Shanahan

33-15

Andy Reid

27-21

Bill Belichick

NE- 25-23

Clev. 20-28

Wade Phillips

33-15

Jeff Fisher

16-22 HOU

29-19 after the move to TEN

After reviewing stats of guys who's names have been popular replacement for Phillip's, and 1 or 2 who are considered "genius'", I've seen the light. :wacko:

Bill Cowher's 1st 3 seasons

32-16

Mike Shanahan

33-15

Andy Reid

27-21

Bill Belichick

NE- 25-23

Clev. 20-28

Wade Phillips

33-15

Jeff Fisher

16-22 HOU

29-19 after the move to TEN

After reviewing stats of guys who's names have been popular replacement for Phillip's, and 1 or 2 who are considered "genius'", I've seen the light. :wacko:

HBTC. I gave Wade the most credit for this year. Keep in mind he inherited a terrific team from Parcells. Year 2 they were pretty bad and year 3 they had a very promising year . It ended with a thud but I am pleased with the direction. My problem with Wade was discipline. Contstant false starts and drive killing penalties. In the early stages of this season they were playing soft at times. Then they rallied. It started with the Saints game. Wade earned his bones in those games and the back to back wins including a playoff win vs Philly. I have always liked a disciplinarian that is so good he becomes a players coach yet still commands respect. A guy like Jimmy Johnson. I am ok with Wade and with the extension. I really think this team is primed to make a serious run in the next 1-3 years.

HBTC. I gave Wade the most credit for this year. Keep in mind he inherited a terrific team from Parcells. Year 2 they were pretty bad and year 3 they had a very promising year . It ended with a thud but I am pleased with the direction. My problem with Wade was discipline. Contstant false starts and drive killing penalties. In the early stages of this season they were playing soft at times. Then they rallied. It started with the Saints game. Wade earned his bones in those games and the back to back wins including a playoff win vs Philly. I have always liked a disciplinarian that is so good he becomes a players coach yet still commands respect. A guy like Jimmy Johnson. I am ok with Wade and with the extension. I really think this team is primed to make a serious run in the next 1-3 years.

I hear ya in a way. I think the players need to be held accountable too for the stupid penalties.

After reading the book "Boys will be Boys" I got for Christmas I look at Johnson in a new light. Alot of the players really hated him and hated playing for him and I think it could be argued that those Dallas teams won in spite of him. If you get a chance, read it.

Listen, Rings and play under pressure certainly go to Big Ben and that is really what counts but since you asked

Romo

Games 61

attempts 1857

Completion % 63.4

Yds 15045

Tds 107

int 55

Ben

Games 87

2411 attempts

Comp% 63.3

yds 19302

Tds 127

int 81

Please compare there playoff numbers. You know that time where the future Hall of Famer distinguishes himself from the guy who drops the extra point snap.

Romo

Games 61

attempts 1857

Completion % 63.4

Yds 15045

Tds 107

int 55

Ben

Games 87

2411 attempts

Comp% 63.3

yds 19302

Tds 127

int 81

I am quite sure if Romo had Pitts D he would be much furtrher along when it comes to playoff wins. That is pretty obvious. Our D is rounding out now and I am very confident the future is bright for the Cowboys.

Philips inherited a playoff-caliber team from Bill Parcells. Andy Reid inheritied a team from Rich Kotite.

Yeah, and I'm the one that sounds foolish. :D

Philips inherited a playoff-caliber team from Bill Parcells. Andy Reid inheritied a team from Rich Kotite.

Yeah, and I'm the one that sounds foolish. :wacko:

Don't even go there. Wade has put his stamp on this team with his guys and his 3-4 D. This is Wade's playoff caliber team and there is no doubt about it.

Why don't you start a thread about your Eagles and break your team down. Why are you so interested in our Cowboys?

Please compare there playoff numbers. You know that time where the future Hall of Famer distinguishes himself from the guy who drops the extra point snap.

I'm surprised such an elite qb couldn't put the steelers on his back this year and beat the Browns :wacko:

Like I said. I love ben under pressure. When he has a dominant d and running game he is one of the best in the business. He just has to manage the game and make a play here and there.

Don't even go there. Wade has put his stamp on this team with his guys and his 3-4 D. This is Wade's playoff caliber team and there is no doubt about it.

Its Wade's team/defense now, but there is no question he inherited a team better than, say, every coach on that list above? The talent he inherited gave him a lot to work with.

Why don't you start a thread about your Eagles and break your team down. Why are you so interested in our Cowboys?

Their a division rival, and a team that the Eagles have battled with lots on the line for last couple seasons :wacko:

Because his team has never won anything. He is probably still living life off of his highschool memories. When is your next highschool graduation?

Because his team has never won anything. He is probably still living life off of his highschool memories. When is your next highschool graduation?

Here in the North we only graduate from high school once. Then, we go to college or work.

I'm surprised such an elite qb couldn't put the steelers on his back this year and beat the Browns :wacko:

Like I said. I love ben under pressure. When he has a dominant d and running game he is one of the best in the business. He just has to manage the game and make a play here and there.

:D You are fishing and you know it. His defense, running game, and O-Line didn't play too well in the Super Bowl. He simply put the team on his back and did what the great ones do...........won the big one.

So, to add it up:

This was Tony Romo's best season thus far

Since the Steelers defense was sub-par and the running game wasn't dominant, Roethlisberger couldn't have possibly played well, resulting in one of his worse years.

The comparison

Romo: 4,483 yards, 26 TD's, 9 INT's, 97.6 Rating in 16 games

Roethlisberger: 4,328 yards, 26 TD's, 12 INT's, 100.5 Rating in 15 games

:D

Edited by Menudo

You celebrated when he was'nt, is'nt that the same thing? :D

:wacko:

I think you've lost it. If I think he's a marginal coach with some strengths but a bunch of deficiencies (which were laid out in by the Cowboys faithful prior to December 17th), why on earth would I want him fired if I am an Eagle fan?? I'm thrilled he's your coach for another 3 years, hence the :D

:wacko:

I think you've lost it. If I think he's a marginal coach with some strengths but a bunch of deficiencies (which were laid out in by the Cowboys faithful prior to December 17th), why on earth would I want him fired if I am an Eagle fan?? I'm thrilled he's your coach for another 3 years, hence the :D

Mark it down Swamm, so long as Wade is the Coach of the Cowboys and Romo is QB and Mcnabb is under center for the Eagles, the Cowboys will own the Eagles.

I will be surprised if you win ONE game before Wades new contract is up.