[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do they bother?

borge007

I'm not a fan of either team.I could care less who wins.

Having said that,in overtime,I thought the Saints were a half a yard short on fourth down,and I thought the receiver bobbled the ball and it should have been ruled incomplete.

I'd be bitter if I were a Vikings fan.

Favre still choked though.

Having said that,in overtime,I thought the Saints were a half a yard short on fourth down,and I thought the receiver bobbled the ball and it should have been ruled incomplete.

Favre choked but without him the Vikings would have been sitting home long ago.

im not even mad at favre... im just in disbelief and can't believe the curse continues... im super pissed at the dirty ass saints players and the officiating at the end

I got a 50 inch hd tv and still have yet to see when the ball hits the ground :wacko: I dont see how they could of overturned it

Edited by Do Work Son

im not even mad at favre... im just in disbelief and can't believe the curse continues... im super pissed at the dirty ass saints players and the officiating at the end

The curse continued when the Vikings signed Favre.

Edited by The 13ers

Favre choked but without him the Vikings would have been sitting home long ago.

I am of the opinion that it was not the presence of Favre but the absence of Tarvaris Jackson. MIN just needed any decent QB with that defense, O-line and Peterson.

So he choked-what about in overtime-who choked? Do you have a point?

Of course I do.

My point:BFD if he got them to the NFC Championship...if he was too ultimately blow it.

That's my point.

But hey...let the "Is Brett going to retire or not" sweepstakes start!

I got a 50 inch hd tv and still have yet to see when the ball hits the ground :wacko: I dont see how they could of overturned it

Mines 56 inch LCD this is obviously where the problem lies you need 6 more inches( "that's what she said" Michael Scott) Cause it clearly did hit from my view! :D

There was no clear view of the ball hitting the ground. Period. No way they overturn that.

There wasn't enough to overturn the fourth down play either.

The pass interference, though, was bogus.

The ball was sliding around as he was falling to the ground. It clearly slid along the ground as well.

The fourth down play, the Vikings helmet hit the ball and slid it backgrounds. Very clear. Now you could say he still somehow made the forward progress I guess.

The PI call was bogus as you said.

If we didn't turn the ball over five times, the refs would've graded out much better. :wacko:

If the score is close going down the stretch, I wouldn't want the other QB to be Drew Brees. Rodgers, Romo, even Warner but not Brees.

Edited by MikesVikes

There was no clear view of the ball hitting the ground. Period. No way they overturn that.

There wasn't enough to overturn the fourth down play either.

The pass interference, though, was bogus.

He never had complete control of the ball when the ball hit the turf and it did hit the turf. PI was a bad call too but if the Vikings don't have 12 men in the huddle in regulation the game probably ends there .... and if Favre keeps the ball and runs another 7-10 yards instead of throwing the ball against his body, across the field, the Vikings probably win. Mistakes lost that game for the Vikings.

I am of the opinion that it was not the presence of Favre but the absence of Tarvaris Jackson. MIN just needed any decent QB with that defense, O-line and Peterson.

Not to go against the Grand Poobah, but I think Favre's VORP (value over replacement player. . .borrowed from baseball sabermetrics) is higher than you give credit for. A league average QB would have lost the week 3 game vs SF (the Greg Lewis TD. . maybe the play of the year), and the 21 of 29 game at BAL. That's 2 wins right there that a middle of the road QB wouldn't have won.

Not to go against the Grand Poobah, but I think Favre's VORP (value over replacement player. . .borrowed from baseball sabermetrics) is higher than you give credit for. A league average QB would have lost the week 3 game vs SF (the Greg Lewis TD. . maybe the play of the year), and the 21 of 29 game at BAL. That's 2 wins right there that a middle of the road QB wouldn't have won.

You are over-valuing the final lucky pass in the SF game - they were playing the 49ers at home and the 49ers were using Shaun Hill and Glenn Coffee that week. There was no reason why the Vikes shouldn't have blown them out. We're all entitled to our own perspectives but if Favre doesn't get lucky at home against the 49ers (and they needed a Harvin KO return TD), the Vikes lose to a team with a bad road record and no offense. The Ravens game was another home game where MIN squandered a 17-3 lead and a 30-17 lead and had to get a FG to win.

The Vikes were 10-6 and won the NFC North without him last year and had the very same 4-4 road record using 38-year old Gus Frerotte(retired now) and Tarvaris Jackson. This year they played an easier schedule and drafted the offensive rookie of the year. I just don't see that he made the difference that I guess others do. Compared to Frerotte and Jackson, I guess so. But MIN was already very good last year. And if they get at least an average QB again for 2010, they'll be just as good. The Vikes have a really, really good team. They just need a franchise QB.