[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't Faint, But I'm Giving Obama Props on this.

Perchoutofwater

Why, because it is the most important thing to America. Without the Biggest, Baddest defense in the world, you just might

be cleaning your masters camel crap tomorrow.

Do the Chinese have a lot of camels? :wacko:

BTW, can anyone think of a credible invasion threat that would ever impose its will on us?

EVERYTHING in our gubmnet could stand to lose some dead weight. That includes military spending. Or just reallocating resources to but it where it is needed most. Didnt Obama stop funding the 22 million per plane F-22 program?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waste is waste. And very easy to hide in endless secret weapons systems tests, etc. And then of course there is the whole political worry of any cuts in defense and homeland security coming before a terrorist attack and the fail-out from the failure to protect. Of course it doesn't matter that even if we increased our defense spending 100 fold there's no guarantee that we can prevent 100% of all attacks. If someone is committed to give their life in an attack, sooner or later somebody will complete their horrible task.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

BTW, can anyone think of a credible invasion threat that would ever impose its will on us?

EVERYTHING in our gubmnet could stand to lose some dead weight. That includes military spending. Or just reallocating resources to but it where it is needed most. Didnt Obama stop funding the 22 million per plane F-22 program?

Is that how we're naming these planes nowadays? Would an F-39 be 39 million per plane?

Why, because it is the most important thing to America. Without the Biggest, Baddest defense in the world, you just might

be cleaning your masters camel crap tomorrow.

You're right, I can see how a fleet of thousands of Arab dhows could make their way across the Atlantic from Beirut and Tripoli, loaded up with elite turbaned warriors brandishing shotguns and blunderbusses, flintlocks and scimitars, land at Miami and fan out north and west, sweeping all before them.

It's very real.

I believe Iran might have a camel or two, and with enough nukes and our defense down, I'm sure they would love to impose a little will on us.

You're right, I can see how a fleet of thousands of Arab dhows could make their way across the Atlantic from Beirut and Tripoli, loaded up with elite turbaned warriors brandishing shotguns and blunderbusses, flintlocks and scimitars, land at Miami and fan out north and west, sweeping all before them.

It's very real.

Pearl Harbor must of been fake in your world.

I'm not saying it will happen tomorrow, But if we cut too much where we can't deter the capabilities of others, it will eventually happen.

I agree with you, but to me that means investing in the correct deterrents to reflect the changing nature of credible threats. Things like the Raptor program should have been scaled back YEARS ago. Instead the inertia of the bureaucracy keeps pumping out items without missions while we struggle to provide up-armored Humvees to the troops that need it.

Just having irrational fear of cutting back excess doesnt mean that the entire military is eliminated . . :wacko:

I agree with you, but to me that means investing in the correct deterrents to reflect the changing nature of credible threats. Things like the Raptor program should have been scaled back YEARS ago. Instead the inertia of the bureaucracy keeps pumping out items without missions while we struggle to provide up-armored Humvees to the troops that need it.

Just having irrational fear of cutting back excess doesnt mean that the entire military is eliminated . . :wacko:

I wouldn't call it irrational fear, I would call it doing what the gubment is supposed to do with our tax $$, and their #1 priority

is to protect it's homeland.

Pearl Harbor must of been fake in your world.

I don't think so. Defense is a bloated money-gobbling wreck. It could be cut by at least a quarter with no net loss of capability. Did you know the Pentagon hasn't been successfully audited for 60 years? Is that the transparency you want for your taxpayer dollars?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I don't think so. Defense is a bloated money-gobbling wreck. It could be cut by at least a quarter with no net loss of capability. Did you know the Pentagon hasn't been successfully audited for 60 years? Is that the transparency you want for your taxpayer dollars?

The entire system is a bloated money-gobbling wreck. Let's cut the obvious waist, earmarks-pork, before slashing defense.

I just want to know one thing...When did a BILLION of anything stop being a lot?

“A billion here and a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money." likely in the 1960s

Quote was contributed to Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen, but no proof that he ever said that. http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/histor...irksen_Dies.htm

It's very real.

Why does everyone pick on Florida? Couldn't the Arab nightmare land in Maine?

So you want to add military spending to defend against a 9/11, is that it?

I wasn't aware that cutting pork and earmarks instead of defense somehow adds to military spending.

Is that how liberal politics work, if you cut something, you have to spend on what you don't cut?

Regarding spending on national defense, it doesn't help that you have intellectually dishonest people on the right.

Don't ask me how (i've never been a registered Republican voter) but I just received a mailing from Michael Steele and the GOP which contained a survey about voter attitudes and of course the typical request for money. Could have something to do with changing my registration from Democrat to unaffiliated, but whatever.

Anyways, here is the first question under a section called National Defense:

1) Do you believe the Obama Administration is right in dramatically scaling back our nation's military?

YES------NO------No Opinion

EXCUSE ME? WHAT AN OUTRIGHT LIE! The Obama Admin increased overall defense spending in it's first budget from the prior year. What typical stereotypical "Democrats are weak on defense" bullpoopy. It pisses me off to no end. :wacko:

Yes and Republicans want your children to starve and old people to die. It's the same with both parties.