[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama in the elephant's den

Ursa Majoris

Excellent! Thanks for posting this.

Obama touched on this stuff in his State of The Union the other night.

He will continue to bring the Repubs behavior out into the light of day.

This Repub stalemate 'strategy' will fail and they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Obama will not back down and he shouldn't because he is right.

The Repubs are acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats ( but it's bordering on hatred)

and it's a disgrace to the democratic system. In reality, they are running scared!

Taking a bully tactic. swinging at Obama and the Dems, but missing and punching the people right in the nose.

They will pay for it. Mark my word. Obama will not take the fall for their bs....

You clearly weren't paying attention to what happened in Massachusetts. The people were CLEARLY sending a message to the CURRENT leadership. Just keep your eyes shut and pretend that nothing happened. Dems are going to get a beating in November.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real? Look, I won't pretend to know as much about politics as you, but explain to me, what part of the points he seemed to make to these guys today were incorrect?

Obama pushed back backed hard, accusing Republicans of putting party before principle and voting against his 2009 stimulus plan but then attending “ribbon cuttings” for stimulus projects in their own districts.

the bolded point made me lol. Are you saying that this is'nt true?

Are you saying Dems would not do the same thing?

At least the two sides are talking now and I guess that's a step in the right direction. However, I wouldn't say that this meeting was in anyway a beat down by Obama or vice-versa. It was a constructive dialog that will hopefully lead to an ACTUAL bipartisan effort and not just lip service by the dems.

I also forgot to add that at LEAST the Republicans are being transparent by allowing cameras in. Funny how Obama never asks the cameras in when he's with his Democratic cronies making backdoor deals to get his bad legislation passed.

Edited by tosberg34

You clearly weren't paying attention to what happened in Massachusetts. The people were CLEARLY sending a message to the CURRENT leadership. Just keep your eyes shut and pretend that nothing happened. Dems are going to get a beating in November.

:shakeshead: That mentality is what's wrong with America. People are more interested in seeing failure than success. That only puts us on a never ending loop of throwing out the incumbents. The party out of power always talks a good game, but once they're in the drivers seat they are invariably just as Megan Foxy as the guys they ousted.

Edited by yo mama

Someone please point out a year in which congressional elections did not go to the party 'out of power' after the party 'in power' took the White House the preceding election cycle.

In other words - saying the Dems are going to lose seats is like saying the sun will rise in the east. It always happens.

The height of arrogance. Obama once again looks like a spoiled child. The GOP offers him this olive branch and he hits them over the head with it. That is real conducive to bipartisanship.

Sounds like the rantings of someone who just got their arse kicked to me.

Face it, your nutjob reps tried to stick it to the Prez by inviting him to band camp, thinking he'll never accept and give you another fake reason to attack him as someone not willing to work with the black party. Except it backfired...and made your entire party look like the dolts that they are.

I love it.

Someone please point out a year in which congressional elections did not go to the party 'out of power' after the party 'in power' took the White House the preceding election cycle.

Close in 1998. Dems picked up 5 seats in the house and the the Senate remained the same.

You clearly don't live here in Massachusetts.

Martha Coakley IS NOT Ted Kennedy. She was not about to get rubber stamped through.

Brown was the better candidate and the outcome proved that. The people voted for the

better candidate. They (democrats) did not all run out and re-register as Republicans.

Scott Brown IS NOT George W. Bush either. He distanced himself far, far away from any republican

for very, very good reasons. He is more moderate to independent.

In case you haven't seen it, you may want to read this.

People want things to get done. NEED things to get done. The republican farce will end either by their choice

or by the peoples choice......lest you forget 2006 and 2008.

an fyi....i'm an Independent

jYe

You clearly don't live here in Massachusetts.

Martha Coakley IS NOT Ted Kennedy. She was not about to get rubber stamped through.

Brown was the better candidate and the outcome proved that. The people voted for the

better candidate. They (democrats) did not all run out and re-register as Republicans.

Scott Brown IS NOT George W. Bush either. He distanced himself far, far away from any republican

for very, very good reasons. He is more moderate to independent.

In case you haven't seen it, you may want to read this.

People want things to get done. NEED things to get done. The republican farce will end either by their choice

or by the peoples choice......lest you forget 2006 and 2008.

an fyi....i'm an Independent

Yeah, the "republican farce"...right. I think you got the wrong party buddy. The only farce going on here is the one that the Dems are trying to pull on the American people.

Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) seemed to enjoy the experience a little less.

Price said he’s asked to meet with Obama every week for a year but that his question-and-answer round — about health care proposals Republicans have offered — was the first time they’ve actually spoken.

“He didn't even address the question,” Price grumbled afterward. “He distorted the premise and refused to even answer the question."

Price said Republicans had proven that they have ideas, that Obama has received them and that he wouldn’t answer their questions.

"I don't know that you could get any more out of that than we did,” he said.

So now Obama wants to be Bipartisan since he knows he is losing his grip on America. Well I hope it's not another broken promise.

Funny how he only talks about what he wants to, and refuses to answer what he doesn't.

He sure likes to blame everyone but himself, that's not a good character trait. But if it can get both sides to work together and

fix this Country, I'm all for it.

I also forgot to add that at LEAST the Republicans are being transparent by allowing cameras in. Funny how Obama never asks the cameras in when he's with his Democratic cronies making backdoor deals to get his bad legislation passed.

They had no option - Obama asked for the cameras.

Close in 1998. Dems picked up 5 seats in the house and the the Senate remained the same.

Yeah, but that was Clinton's re-election so it isn't really what I'm referring to.

Bush in 2002, Clinton in 1994, Bush in 1990, Reagan in 1982, Carter in 1978, Nixon in 1970, LBJ is kinda togh, but JFK in 1962, Ike in 1954, Truman in 1950, etc...

Edited by Pope Flick

Based on the comments on this board, it's apparent the Republican voting base isn't interested in bipartisanship; there isn't much hope their leaders are.

It takes both parties, and when your not allowed to sit in on the meetings, well it's kinda tough to be bipartisan.

The right got outfoxed . . and are now trying to spin their way out of it. Great move my Obama, now lets see if the right is actually interested in getting work done, or if they aspire to the Gingrich "slash and burn" style of politics and only care about their own jobs and their own party over the American people . . . .

We shall see . . .

:shakeshead: That mentality is what's wrong with America. People are more interested in seeing failure than success. That only puts us on a never ending loop of throwing out the incumbents. The party out of power always talks a good game, but once they're in the drivers seat they are invariably just as Megan Foxy as the guys they ousted.

Yup. A small, naive part of me wants to believe that that people will realize we can't go back to republican rule despite the dems being so utterly and quickly inept and move for actual change. Sigh... it'll never happen.

Yup. A small, naive part of me wants to believe that that people will realize we can't go back to republican rule despite the dems being so utterly and quickly inept and move for actual change. Sigh... it'll never happen.

There is actually some hope that the recent Supreme Court case that effectively granted personhood to corporations may help. If corporate contributions can circumvent the parties, and go directly to the candidates, it may weaken the parties and give individual candidates a better opportunity to be corrupted directly without having to be party suck ups. We'll see.

I voted for McCain. (I vote alphabetically a lot). But after watching MSNBC with the slant of their commentary (led by Obermann) it appeared that the Republican congressmen were much more interested in making talking points rather than a real question/answer meeting with the president. They came off looking like...like...like politicians. Ursa's point about the republicans working themselves into a corner by painting everything Obama does as being of the devil is correct. They simply can't be seen as to even appear to be cooperating with this administration because that would make them (gasp) partners to the evil the Dems are constructing. What an idiot strategy.

I loved the line our President used at the beginning. "The American people are not more interested in us keeping our jobs. They're more interested in keeping theirs." Or words to that effect. Knock off the junior high drama games Republicans/Democrats. We sent you there to do a job, mainly to help run/guide/protect this country.

And Mr. President, I don't agree with everything you or your party does, but I want to believe you're there because you want this nation to continue to be a great place for your children, too. My prayers are still with you.