[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Are you really still letting this show frustrate you? I'm at the point where I watch just cause I have to this point and whatever happens, happens and I don't expect much other than the addition of more characters and craziness and less explanations or clearing things up. And being that that's my approach, I'm alot less disappointed.

okay, I'm over my disappointment from the season opener. This felt much more like seasons past and gave me something to bite into. They might not have given any answers but it looks like they are at least going somewhere with the plot. I felt that first show, being as convoluted as it was and not really giving any guidance, should have at least given us some long held questions. But, now it seems to be back on track.

Here are just some random thought/questions I still have:

What ever happened to Micheal's boy (forgot the name)? He was suppose to have special "talent". But was abducted by the "Others"...

Will we see him again?

If Ben was working for Jacob, does that mean Penny's dad (Whitmore) is work for the man in black?

What was the real purpose of Darma? yes, the were looking to drill into the electromagnetic pocket... but why all the other stations? Like the one that was under water? What is with the Sharks with Darma logos on them? Or the other island? Or the polar bears? Why are they recruiting OB doctors? Nathan and Julie?

If this is suppose to be about Egyptian gods, as some have alluded to, then what is with the big mechanical crank that Ben turned to transport himself into the outside world? If this is suppose to be about parallel universes and time/space continuum, then why all the stuff about Egyptian gods and/or a conflict between two seeming deities Jacob and the man in black?

What if anything did pushing the button really do? What happened before the button was put into use?

What is with the numbers (lucky or unlucky) that we kept seeing show up in the first few seasons? 8, 15, 42, whatever? the ones that Hurley won the lottery with? Do they mean anything, or did the writers and directors just change plots mid-story and come up with a new concept?

It's interesting how Sawyer and Jack's relationship parallel's Jacob and the man in black's relationship. They seemed to have been friends at one point but are now at odds with one another.

What is with the ash (or whatever that is) that they make circle with to keep smokey at bay? Does this lend itself to being about the supernatural?

Unfortunately, as someone in a previous post said... I think we will walk away with some things that we will never get answers to. I just pray that they give us some foundation or identity to the core of the shows' plot.

Tonight's episode was my favorite thus far of the new season. I'm starting to get used to and enjoy the dual paths that they are showing. I really do enjoy this show and look forward to it every week.

On another note, for some reason, when I watch Lost, the screen scrambles every once in a while. This is the 3rd week in a row that it has happened. I have Directv HD, and it only happens on Lost. It never happens during anything else that I watch. It is very odd. Is anyone else noticing this issue during Lost ?

Another great episode....pieces falling into place. I love this show. :wacko:

+1

Hey got a quick question about last week's show:

When "Lock" was chasing the kid through the jungle and tripped, the kid told him that "we can't kill him". Did I hear that right? I watched that part several times and I did hear "we". Who the hell is "we"?

• 1 month later...
Disagree. Last week's episode was epic. I think this season has been awesome.

+1

I've loved this season. For me, this is the 2nd best non-comedy T.V. Show that I've ever seen, behind the Sopranos. I love it.

I think it's getting to be the point where everything is coming together. Desmond's last episode was awesome.

I rewatched the Season 3 finale (I enjoy going back and watching old episodes), Though the Looking Glass and there is a scene in there that may forshadow the end of the the show.

At 1:38 in this clip:

Locke: "Please, put the phone down"

Jack: "No, you're done keeping me on this island"

Something tells me that the roles will be reversed where Locke tells Jack that he's done keeping him on the island.......and it will come down to someone killing the other (or at least trying to)......

If you simply enjoy Lost for the journey and not the destination, it is a great show. A show with this much going on in it has no prayer of living up to all the expectations in the end. Because there are just way too many loose ends and unanswered questions out there to really truly resolve it all... But who cares!

• 3 weeks later...