[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TOTUS doesn't provide pronunciations

Perchoutofwater

My Controls -> Edit Profile information. On the bottom of the choices.

Was added last summer and any new accounts must have this in it and older accounts can add it.

I actually meant how do you know who is who?

I would add Packers to my profile but I figured it was pretty obvious.

Just following the trend set by liberals both here and in the media during the last administration.

Our last president was a certifiable moron. Our present one, clearly, is not. You can disparage that idea if you like, but it only undermines what little credibility you have here.

Our last president was a certifiable moron. Our present one, clearly, is not.

Have you seen how much he is spending? How's that 8% unemployment we were promised? He wants to try terrorists. He wants to get rid of "don't ask don't tell", I'm sure that the corps men love the idea of that. :wacko:

Have you seen how much he is spending? How's that 8% unemployment we were promised? He wants to try terrorists. He wants to get rid of "don't ask don't tell", I'm sure that the corps men love the idea of that. :wacko:

Hey, I don't have a beef if you want to bitch about his policies. He is spending a lot, and he was clearly wrong about unemployment. I'm not giving the guy a free pass. I haven't agreed with everything the administration has done, nor have i defended it. FWIW, I agree with trying terrorists in NYC (just as I think the county should have had the balls to accept guantanamo prisoners into the federal penal system and close guantanamo) and I agree with ending don't ask, don't tell.

But the whole teleprompter thing is just stupid.

Me no like this thread.

I think it needs a little spicing up.

The software of the soul

My car is smarter than I am. According to today's New York Times, the electronic systems in today's cars and trucks carry more computer code than in some jet fighters. Up to 100 million lines of computer code guide the car you're driving today. An expert quoted by the Times said, "It would be easy to say the modern car is a computer on wheels, but it's more like 30 or more computers on wheels." Basic vehicles have at least 30 microprocessor-controlled devices; some luxury cars have as many as 100.

These electronic brains control everything from brake and cruise control to entertainment systems and locks. They are in the news these days as regulators raise concerns about their function in some Toyota vehicles. As with all computers, the software in these systems is as crucial as the hardware.

Last night it was my privilege to attend the World Affairs Council of Dallas-Ft. Worth, where Gen. David Petraeus was the featured speaker. Gen. Petraeus is currently serving as Commander of U.S. Central Command, with responsibility for all military operations in the Middle East.

He previously commanded our forces in Iraq, where he oversaw the "surge" which was so successful there. He has a Ph.D. in International Relations from Princeton University and has completed a fellowship at Georgetown University. He is a four-star general, and a remarkable leader.

The thrust of his comments last night concerned the way wars must be fought today. In earlier times, armies lined up against each other, with clear winners and losers. In the "war on terror," who would surrender? How would we define victory? Gen. Petraeus has led in constructing an "anaconda strategy" whereby we encircle the enemy from every direction. Taking Al Qaeda in Iraq as an example, our forces determined what the enemy needed--safe havens, finances, access to communications, source countries to provide soldiers, and so on. Then they created a military strategy to deny each of these resources.

In addition, we worked to build a political infrastructure which would make democracy a more popular alternative with the people. We created an economic system which would make extremism less profitable and attractive. We worked on education and job training. To sum up what we did in Iraq and must do in Afghanistan, Gen. Petraeus said that "the surge of ideas was the real key." Without the right software, the hardware won't do its job.

It is the same with my soul and yours this morning. What I think about becomes what I do and am. Paul knew the importance of our thoughts: "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things" (Philippians 4:8).

Moses and Jesus both called us to love God "with all your mind" (Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37). The best way to begin this Friday is by submitting our minds to God's Spirit. Ask him to guide your thoughts and protect you from all that dishonors the Lord. Place your mind on the altar of God as a "living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1). Surrender your thoughts and attitudes to him now, while the day is young.

Solomon warned us: "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7, KJV). Have you given your software to God's Spirit yet today?