[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was he mad about?

WaterMan

I dunno. It's probably true that the media grabbed hold of Belichik's snub much more readily than Manning's, but I think that speaks to the image each person had built for themselves leading up to their respective incidents. Manning had always conducted himself in a classy manner so ya, he gets the pass I guess. Belichik had not in many people's eyes, so ya, he got roasted. Not sure if that equals hypocrisy or not. I don't really think so.

It doesn't. She is a Patriots fan trying to defend her coach. There is a different expectation among coaches shaking hands as compared to players. Also, there is the fact that Peyton Manning has been a class act for a LONG time, and Belichick has been a d-bag for an even LONGER time. Cry me a river.

Has he ever walked off the field like that before? Has he ever lost the Superbowl before? This wasn't a big game...this was the big game. The only other game of this magnitude was when they won the Superbowl and he obviously stayed on the field. I don't remember though if Kyle Orton congratulated him though.

So keep it classy during the regular season, but snubb people in the Superbowl. I'll remember those rules.

It doesn't. She is a Patriots fan trying to defend her coach. There is a different expectation among coaches shaking hands as compared to players. Also, there is the fact that Peyton Manning has been a class act for a LONG time, and Belichick has been a d-bag for an even LONGER time. Cry me a river.

Manning has always been held up as a paragon of what passes for classiness in the NFL. Belichick never has...which makes Manning's behavior all the worse, IMO. You know full well that there are MANY players who would have the composure to graciously acknowledge the winner on the field at victory. Peyton's just not that guy, duly noted.

Um, how many other superbowl losing QBs didn't shake hands with the winning QB on the field? You're right about the hypocrisy, but not the way you figure. Again, the Belichek to Manning comparison is retarded on multiple levels.

Hey, I'm not the one who started the thread and in no way did I say that I think it's that huge a deal. I think it's obvious that Manning gets a huge pass here when Belichick didn't. It's not really an arguable point. In both cases, I think the situation is overblown by people who want to rail on how "classy" someone who gets paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living is. Do I think in both cases that it would set a better example of sportsmanship if they'd have sucked it up for a few minutes to shake someone's hand? Sure.

If Manning was that classy, as you guys make him out to be, what better place and time

for him to show how genuinely classy he is. "Classy", to me, comes from the heart, there's no thinking

about it. You just do it. Like shake the guys hand, even in defeat. Manning pouted and walked away,

thinking more of himself and his failures than doing the right, 'classy' thing.

If Manning was that classy, as you guys make him out to be, what better place and time

for him to show how genuinely classy he is. "Classy", to me, comes from the heart, there's no thinking

about it. You just do it. Like shake the guys hand, even in defeat. Manning pouted and walked away,

thinking more of himself and his failures than doing the right, 'classy' thing.

Your absolute obsession with Manning is sad.

What was he mad about? Reggie Wayne didn't do his job to the fullest and he quite possibly cost the Colts the Super Bowl. Quits on a route that turns into a pick 6 and drops a ball at the goal line with the game on the line. I really like Wayne but I lost a couple hundred bucks because of him... twice. So I don't blame Manning at all for being pissed. Of course the leaving without shaking hands thing is absolutely impermissable. He should be drawn and quartered. Punk ass bastard.

Could you imagine how silly it would be if MLB players on a World Series-losing team stood around waiting for the opposing team to stop mobbing each other in the infield to shake their hands? Whether or not anyone sticks around to shake someone's hand doesn't mean they don't conduct themselves with class. In the grand scheme of things, guys like Manning do enough outside of football in their community that a moment like this shouldn't matter.