[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Health Care

untateve

EVERYONE voted for it... without reading it. And it turned out to be some of the worst anti-American rights legislation in this modern era. It was crap law regardless of who voted for it, or under what circumstances. Comparing the two for the crap they are is perfectly legit. Who cares who vote for or against them? Crap is crap.

You are slower than I thought. Try to stay on point. Maybe if you stopped reading Bushwacko's posts, you might have a clearer head.

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT RECONCILIATION. THE PATRIOT ACT WAS NOT ENACTED IN THAT FASHION. PLEASE RE-READ AND TRY AGAIN.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are slower than I thought. Try to stay on point. Maybe if you stopped reading Bushwacko's posts, you might have a clearer head.

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT RECONCILIATION. THE PATRIOT ACT WAS NOT ENACTED IN THAT FASHION. PLEASE RE-READ AND TRY AGAIN.

The Patriot Act was passed with overwhelming bipartisan support, something this crappy health care legislation does not have. The Patriot Act is also easily undone, something that an entitlement is not. Comparing the two is asinine.

The Patriot Act was passed with overwhelming bipartisan support, something this crappy health care legislation does not have. The Patriot Act is also easily undone, something that an entitlement is not. Comparing the two is asinine.

I'm trying to be civil with you guys, but you're making it harder that it should be. Both pieces of legislation are crap. You seem overly eager to fight about *why* they are crap. I'm not.

As far as the reconciliation issue, you need to check out the Byrd Amendment. I think you'll find it puts rational limits on what can be accomplished through reconciliation; it effectively gives Congress the ability unwind and strip out anything that is inconsistent with the traditional notions of what reconciliation should be used for (i.e., to reconcile minor differences in bills). All that is needed is the 60 senator vote that would have been required to pass a bill into law under the traditional methods.

But hey, what do I know: I'm just a lawyer.

ETA: GHWB used reconciliation more than once to enact tax cuts that worsened budget deficits. This is a tool has been misused by both parties. Let us be adults and not pretend otherwise.

Edited by yo mama

The only day that Barack Obama’s Approval Index ratings were lower than today was last December 22. Like today, that came at a time when the President was making a strong push for his proposed health care legislation. Most voters have consistently opposed that plan.

Currently, 39% of voters nationwide favor the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats. Fifty-eight percent (58%) are opposed. Most say that Congress should wait to act until voters select new congressional representatives in November.

If the proposed health care plan becomes law, 78% of voters expect it will cost more than projected. Voters overwhelmingly believe passage of the plan will increase the federal deficit and lead to middle-class tax hikes. Most of those with insurance fear that they could be forced to change their coverage if the health care legislation passes.

Link

Apparently all congresspeople are lying sacks of crap that onl;y care about relelection. Goes for both parties and "gotcha" youtube clips.

Politicans have to HATE the new technology age . . makes lying and scheming much harder to do when you have video of you saying and doing the exact opposite . .

Apparently all congresspeople are lying sacks of crap that onl;y care about relelection. Goes for both parties and "gotcha" youtube clips.

Politicans have to HATE the new technology age . . makes lying and scheming much harder to do when you have video of you saying and doing the exact opposite . .

So do we have more or less lying and deceit today? I would guess about the same. We are just a little bit more aware of it today. I dislike all politicians for the most part. Like I have said in the past it is truly scary that 655 people control the fate of 300 million. This is why I want less government and not more. To vote any other way IMHO is insane. I guess this is why I vote Republican mostly....although I am not sure completely why...I guess they are suppose to be the party of smaller government. We are all done for...the USA was a nice experiment while it lasted. Hopefully when it all crumbles we move back to a more local approach.

I dislike all politicians for the most part. Like I have said in the past it is truly scary that 655 people control the fate of 300 million. .

435 in the House, 100 in the Senate, 1 President, 9 in the Supreme Court does not add up to 655. :wacko:

The other 110 are the Illuminati. :wacko:

"It is little known that the world economy is controlled by a secret committee known as....The Pentavirate. Which meets tri-annually at a Colorado resort known simply as....The Meadows.* This group consists of the Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothchilds, and...before he went teats up...Colonel Sanders. Ah, I hate the Colonel with his wee beady eyes...'ooooh, you're going to buy my chicken!' "

"Dad, how can you possibly hate Colonel Sanders?"

"BECAUSE HE PUTS AN ADDICTIVE SUBSTANCE IN HIS CHICKEN THAT MAKES YOU CRAVE IT FORTNIGHTLY!"