[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA POOL

Cunning Runt

http://www.pickhoops.com/russhire2010pool

Many of you have particpated in this in year's past.

Basically, $5/sheet. Enter as many times as you want. Get as many others as possible to join. Feel free to get the link as many places as you want.

We had well over 500 in it last year. Goal is to get to 700 this year.

Getting this out there early so people can go ahead and get signed into the site so all you have to do is enter your picks once brackets are released.

Pay out 5 places.

Pick every game. Pts double each rd.

Good luck and enjoy!!

I'll be bumping this up for the next week and a half so sorry if you wish it would just go away. Soon enough... I promise.

Thanks!

Basically, $5/sheet. Enter as many times as you want. Get as many others as possible to join. Feel free to get the link as many places as you want.

Getting this out there early so people can go ahead and get signed into the site so all you have to do is enter your picks once brackets are released.

Pay out 5 places.

Good luck and enjoy!!

I'll be bumping this up for the next week and a half so sorry if you wish it would just go away. Soon enough... I promise.

Thanks!

bump

Pay out 5 places.

Good luck and enjoy!!

bump

Thanks!

Cool - good to have ya back. I think one of our Huddlers cashed last year. MikesVikes - was that you?

I had a decent run last year so it might have been me. I won a local pool and was in the running in other ones.

Btw, I have signed up for this $5 pool and another Huddler's $20 one. If anyone wants in on a $10 pool, I have one of those as well.

I had a decent run last year so it might have been me. I won a local pool and was in the running in other ones.

Btw, I have signed up for this $5 pool and another Huddler's $20 one. If anyone wants in on a $10 pool, I have one of those as well.

This reply sounds awfully, dare I say....... Muto-esque.

:wacko:

Or the odds of winning this better than being in posty's "death pool"?

Not sure what Posty's "death pool" is all about, so I reserve comment.

All I can tell you is you can't win if you don't play.

I'll also say that two and three years ago BOTH - the same gal won this thing which was unreal. I mean there were several hundred people in it and to win once was impressive, but to go back-to-back?!

And this gal I don't think was all that knowledgeable. she just picked the higher seeds more often than not and got real freakin' lucky when it came to her Final 4 and champion picks. Picking the winner is huge in this pool since the points double each round making the champion pick worth 32pts.

Moral of the story: anyone can win. Hope to see you in it.

I think one of our Huddlers cashed last year. MikesVikes - was that you?

...Moral of the story: anyone can win. Hope to see you in it.

:D

Actually the truth is anyone can win. Most people don't play expecting to win or at least they shouldn't. I don't follow college hoops at all but playing bracket contests makes the tournament enjoyable to watch and follow. It would be a completely different month if I didn't play in a few of these.

A local guy wanted me to start a pool and I decided to do it. I can also tell you that I have experience in pools that use both poolhoops and poolhost.com. I like them both. In fact last year, I decided to use poolhoops.com if I ever decided to run a NCAA bracket contest for myself. That is from the experience of Cunning Runt's contest here. It is the best that I've seen.

Edited by MikesVikes

:D

Actually the truth is anyone can win. Most people don't play expecting to win or at least they shouldn't. I don't follow college hoops at all but playing bracket contests makes the tournament enjoyable to watch and follow. It would be a completely different month if I didn't play in a few of these.

A local guy wanted me to start a pool and I decided to do it. I can also tell you that I have experience in pools that use both poolhoops and poolhost.com. I like them both. In fact last year, I decided to use poolhoops.com if I ever decided to run a NCAA bracket contest for myself. That is from the experience of Cunning Runt's contest here. It is the best that I've seen.

Thanks for the props. For clarification, it's actually "pickhoops.com".

I've ran this thing maybe 10yrs and I think the best I ever did personally was 3rd place about 6yrs ago. It's a labor of love - definitely not 'cause I'm so good at it.

I click on the link and have to register. Do you pay through the site or do we pay you directly? And does it take Paypal?

You do have to register into the site itself, but once you're in, I have message on the home page regarding payment.

The site doesn't take paypal (or any payment for that matter - aside from the cost of using their hosting service), but I can. I've got to charge an extra $.50 per entry if paid through paypal due to the fees they take - I'd say maybe 20% of the entries last year went that route. My home mailing address is in that home page message for snail-mail payment.