[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Final thread

millerx

That 1/2 court buzzer beater by Hayward at the end of the game missed being what would probably have been considered the greatest single shot in NCAA tourney history by maybe....maybe... an inch. That comes off the glass just an inch shorter and it's in.

Could not freaking believe it just how close that was and what we all would have been talking about had it gone.

That 1/2 court buzzer beater by Hayward at the end of the game missed being what would probably have been considered the greatest single shot in NCAA tourney history by maybe....maybe... an inch. That comes off the glass just an inch shorter and it's in.

Could not freaking believe it just how close that was and what we all would have been talking about had it gone.

...same thing about the fade-away on the baseline at about the 13 second mark...about an inch shorter and the game would have been going to OT...

I wonder how many times Hayward will shoot baseline fall-aways and half court shots this summer... :wacko:

...same thing about the fade-away on the baseline at about the 13 second mark...about an inch shorter and the game would have been going to OT...

I wonder how many times Hayward will shoot baseline fall-aways and half court shots this summer... :wacko:

that would have put Butler up by 1, wouldn't it?

Duke missed a FT afterward, so that would be correct.

it looked like zoubek (can't remember who was at the line in the end, thought it was him) intentionally missed the second free throw so butler couldn't set anything up for the final shot.

by the way, anyone notice the butler player who completely leveled the duke guy on a pick on that final shot? who was the duke guy who got clotheslined?

it looked like zoubek (can't remember who was at the line in the end, thought it was him) intentionally missed the second free throw so butler couldn't set anything up for the final shot.

by the way, anyone notice the butler player who completely leveled the duke guy on a pick on that final shot? who was the duke guy who got clotheslined?

I think it was Sheyer, and he just ran right into the guy who was setting a screen. Yeah, he got smoked though.

So where in tourney history would you rank this one?

Sure it was a great game, but some of the analysts were saying this was one (if not the best) game in it's history. Personally, I think the 'Nova v. Georgetown championship game in the 80's was the most incredible game I've seen. Second would be the N.C. State and Houston which is right up there as well.

So where in tourney history would you rank this one?

Sure it was a great game, but some of the analysts were saying this was one (if not the best) game in it's history. Personally, I think the 'Nova v. Georgetown championship game in the 80's was the most incredible game I've seen. Second would be the N.C. State and Houston which is right up there as well.

Duke v. UNLV 1991... Greatest game ever, period.

Well... Maybe Duke v. KY, and the Laetner shot

ETA - The 93 UNC v. MI timeout game waas good, as well, especially for a bonehead move. Ranks up there w. Plaxico spiking a live ball after a catch his rookie year...

Edited by SEC=UGA