[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Theft

Perchoutofwater

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does it. I'm going to quit my job and live on less money so our family doesn't have to pay any taxes. That will show them.

It's not just not paying taxes, but 40% actually receive more in credits than they pay. If take money from you I go to jail, but you and the rest of Obama's supporters can vote yourselves money from me. What is the difference? In both cases it's theft, in one it is just theft by the majority. I wonder if me and a buddy rob you if we can get away with it.

It's not just not paying taxes, but 40% actually receive more in credits than they pay. If take money from you I go to jail, but you and the rest of Obama's supporters can vote yourselves money from me. What is the difference? In both cases it's theft, in one it is just theft by the majority. I wonder if me and a buddy rob you if we can get away with it.

Take it up with the founding fathers that supported a progressive tax structure.

Maybe you should just be happy to be on the other side.

I'm going to hate it when I cut that check next week, but it's better than the alternative.

Take it up with the founding fathers that supported a progressive tax structure.

There was no federal income tax in the constitution at the time it was written. I believe that it was the 17th amendment that allowed for a Federal income tax.

ETA - 16th Amendment, my bad.

Edited by SEC=UGA

There was no federal income tax in the constitution at the time it was written. I believe that it was the 17th amendment that allowed for a Federal income tax.

No, but there was support for progressive taxation, mainly through property taxes though at the time.

No, but there was support for progressive taxation, mainly through property taxes though at the time.

That i a state tax and totally separate from Federal taxation. THe only taxation at the federal level, I believe, were in the form of tariffs on imported goods.

I don't like the idea of someone getting out more than they paid in either. Although I hesitate to call them thieves if it's part of the tax code.

How long has this been going on where you can get more money back from the feds than you actually paid in?

Do you think this might be connected to people who only make $20,000 / year? People like that hypothetical 50th employee of yours?

So, this just started to happen under Obama? I guess under Bush everyone paid. Ahhh, the good old days.

So, this just started to happen under Obama? I guess under Bush everyone paid. Ahhh, the good old days.

Nope, this crap started under FDR, and has gotten worse under pretty much every subsequent administration since. Some have made bigger changes than others, and Obama has made it much worse, but Bush is not without blame. Medicare D under Bush was the worst piece of legislation signed in my life time with the exception the Obamacare.

Perch is worried about a family of four with both parents working for a combined $50,000.00 gross getting back $31.00 more than they paid in. He sees them as thieves because he cannot get $31.00 more than he paid in back as well. That's not fair to Perch.

Perch is worried about a family of four with both parents working for a combined $50,000.00 gross getting back $31.00 more than they paid in. He sees them as thieves because he cannot get $31.00 more than he paid in back as well. That's not fair to Perch.

It's not easy being a modern version of Ricky Schroeder, you are always a victim.

I don't want to get more than I paid it, I just want to pay in less, rather than have my money taken from me with threats of jail and fines so that it can be given to somebody else so that they can have an extra TV, computer, etc...

I don't want to get more than I paid it, I just want to pay in less, rather than have my money taken from me with threats of jail and fines so that it can be given to somebody else so that they can have an extra TV, computer, etc...

The increase in the number of people not paying tax coincides with the concentration of the national wealth into a smaller number of people. Do you really expect that guy you propose paying $20k to pay tax on it too?

The increase in the number of people not paying tax coincides with the concentration of the national wealth into a smaller number of people. Do you really expect that guy you propose paying $20k to pay tax on it too?

As far as I'm concerned anyone over the poverty line should be paying the same percentage of taxes as I do, and I should pay the same percentage as Bill Gates does. The poverty line should be set high enough to where a person can live, but low enough where people won't be able to afford multiple TV's, cable, internet, ostentatious transportation, a drinking or drug habit etc...

As far as I'm concerned anyone over the poverty line should be paying the same percentage of taxes as I do, and I should pay the same percentage as Bill Gates does. The poverty line should be set high enough to where a person can live, but low enough where people won't be able to afford multiple TV's, cable, internet, ostentatious transportation, a drinking or drug habit etc...

As far as everyone paying the same % I don't think that would work. What would the % be. Set it too high and you'll drive middle class wage earners into poverty. Set it too low and not nearly enough money will be collected thus driving the country further into debt.

As for the povertly line being set low enough to where people can't afford the goods you mentioned I don't think there is a number low enough to do that. Since when do people buy what they can afford anyways?