[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sheriff of Texas Border Town tells farmers "Arm Yourself"

Perchoutofwater

A couple of weeks ago, gunmen in the Juarez Valley killed the Mexican relative of a Fort Hancock high school student. When the student's family in Fort Hancock heard about it, they crossed the border at 10 a.m. to see the body, and took the student with them.

"By 10:30, they had stabbed the relatives that went with him, which included his grandparents, with an ice pick," says school superintendent Jose Franco. "My understanding is that the gentleman is like 90 years old, and they poked his eyes out with an ice pick. I believe those people are still in intensive care here in a hospital in the U.S."

Well, I hope they have insurance so i ain't paying for that hospital stay.

Is there a farmer in a Texas border town that isn't armed?

And, I happen to agree with the Sheriff, things have gotten waaaaaay outta hand along the border and in northern Mexico.

The sad think is the politicians in Washington on both sides will not do what is required to rectify this situation. It really is shameful when our federal government fails to fund things it is required by the constitution to do, but then will turn around and fund "the arts".

The sad think is the politicians in Washington on both sides will not do what is required to rectify this situation. It really is shameful when our federal government fails to fund things it is required by the constitution to do, but then will turn around and fund "the arts".

alot of it is gangs and drugs, no? they cant fix this problem anywhere in the us.

alot of it is gangs and drugs, no? they cant fix this problem anywhere in the us.

They could build a barrier, hell they've already passed doing it, they just haven't been funding it. They could beef up border control. They can start putting people on C-130's to Mexico city and confiscating everything they have if they are here illegally. They can also fine the living crap out of anyone hat employees or provides lodging to an illegal.

They could build a barrier, hell they've already passed doing it, they just haven't been funding it. They could beef up border control. They can start putting people on C-130's to Mexico city and confiscating everything they have if they are here illegally. They can also fine the living crap out of anyone hat employees or provides lodging to an illegal.

Maybe Texans just need to toughen up? :wacko:

Maybe Texans just need to toughen up? :wacko:

Maybe Texans need to stop sending their tax dollars to Washington and start taking care of themselves. All kidding aside, you'd be surprised at how many Texans are getting sick of the lack of support from Washington on this issue. I'm starting to see more and more bumper stickers that say "Secede!". I don't agree with that sentiment, but I certainly understand where it is coming from when we look at our government spending money on things it was never intended to fund, and ignoring issues like this which is one of the main reasons the government was founded and why Texas gave up it's sovereignty to join the union.

No Mexicans here. We just have to watch out for the Canadians.

(best canadian accent) Oh, gee, yeah, ya know, those Canadians are a rowdy and rough bunch once they get a few Molsons in them.

Maybe Texans need to stop sending their tax dollars to Washington and start taking care of themselves. All kidding aside, you'd be surprised at how many Texans are getting sick of the lack of support from Washington on this issue. I'm starting to see more and more bumper stickers that say "Secede!". I don't agree with that sentiment, but I certainly understand where it is coming from when we look at our government spending money on things it was never intended to fund, and ignoring issues like this which is one of the main reasons the government was founded and why Texas gave up it's sovereignty to join the union.

Seriously Perch . . . why dont Texans in their local municipalities do something about it? What prevents a local law enforcement officer from enforcing the law? Like passing laws that heavily fine anyone that rents to or provides jobs to illegals? these are IMMEDIATE remedies that can be addressed . . . why doesnt Texas start doing this instead of "sucking off the gubmnet teat" ? I am willing to bet that Texas doesnt want to jeopardize its standings with the hispanic voters . . so your politicans and elected sherriffs choose to not do a damn thing. Which is a shame considering what could be accomplished independently before waiting for the gubmnet to get around to it.

texas could secede . . and you STILL wouldnt do a damn thing about it. Pity. . . .

Seriously Perch . . . why dont Texans in their local municipalities do something about it? What prevents a local law enforcement officer from enforcing the law? Like passing laws that heavily fine anyone that rents to or provides jobs to illegals? these are IMMEDIATE remedies that can be addressed . . . why doesnt Texas start doing this instead of "sucking off the gubmnet teat" ? I am willing to bet that Texas doesnt want to jeopardize its standings with the hispanic voters . . so your politicans and elected sherriffs choose to not do a damn thing. Which is a shame considering what could be accomplished independently before waiting for the gubmnet to get around to it.

texas could secede . . and you STILL wouldnt do a damn thing about it. Pity. . . .

As said in other threads, Texas has started doing something. Are they doing enough no, but frankly they shouldn't have to, as this is a FEDERAL ISSUE. Even when Texas LEO's go as far as turning illegals over to I.C.E. officers more often than not the illegal is released in Texas rather than deported. Texas can not by law deport. I'm honestly not sure if they can fine the businesses, or not based on a federal issue. I'll defer to lawyer on that one. I'd love Yo Mama to chime in as he has dealt with labor law in Texas. As long as Texas is sending in more in tax dollars than they get back you can hardly say they are sucking the federal teat. Again, while I know you and most on the left don't hold the Constitution in high regard, this is one thing that the FEDERAL government is required to do by law, unlike so many of the things liberals clamor for.

Your representatives in Congress don't seem to be making much of a fuss over this, whichever side they are on. Where are all the Republican Texas congressmen on this? Shouldn't they be shouting about it?

Oh, and BTW, if Texas seceded, it will pretty much lock up Democrat government in the 49 states for ever so go right ahead and secede, just as fast as your assless-chapped little legs will carry you. And take Ron Paul with you. :wacko:

Your representatives in Congress don't seem to be making much of a fuss over this, whichever side they are on. Where are all the Republican Texas congressmen on this? Shouldn't they be shouting about it?

Oh, and BTW, if Texas seceded, it will pretty much lock up Democrat government in the 49 states for ever so go right ahead and secede, just as fast as your assless-chapped little legs will carry you. And take Ron Paul with you. :wacko:

My senators and representatives both in Washington and in Austin take this issue very seriously.

Not seriously enough to draw any attention.

My state representative Leo Berman made the national news because of his comments on illegal immigration and what should be done with them. Liberals have called my US representative a "racist" which is their favorite term for anyone that disagrees with them on immigration or for that welfare spending. My senator has sponsored at least 5 bills that I know of in the last 12 years regarding illegal immigration. I won't pretend to agree with all of the language in each of the bills, but I do agree with most of what he has thrown out there. I will admit that Rick Perry our governor is much weaker than I would like which is one of the main reasons I voted against him in the primary.

Here's a question for you... and I'm not baiting anyone here or anything like that, I sincerely don't know the answer... if the Federal government won't fund the building of the Fence that they passed, could the State of Texas pass legislation to build a Fence on their own border with Mexico, or are they not able to do that because the Federal government has jurisdiction when an International border is involved? Or are there not enough people in Texas that would want to do it on their own? My point is, if people are dying, why wait for the Feds to step in and save you? Why not save yourselves?

Here's a question for you... and I'm not baiting anyone here or anything like that, I sincerely don't know the answer... if the Federal government won't fund the building of the Fence that they passed, could the State of Texas pass legislation to build a Fence on their own border with Mexico, or are they not able to do that because the Federal government has jurisdiction when an International border is involved? Or are there not enough people in Texas that would want to do it on their own? My point is, if people are dying, why wait for the Feds to step in and save you? Why not save yourselves?

I think the people of Texas would fund doing it if they could. I'm not sure that they can. Most everyone I know would like to see a stronger border, and I'm not that close to the border.

I think the people of Texas would fund doing it if they could. I'm not sure that they can. Most everyone I know would like to see a stronger border, and I'm not that close to the border.

Not sure they can raise the money, or not sure they would be allowed to do it because it's an International border?

Not sure they can raise the money, or not sure they would be allowed to do it because it's an International border?

I'm positive we could raise the money. I'm just not sure we can legally do it. It then goes back to the question why are we paying federal taxes when the government isn't performing one of the primary functions it was established to perform, but performing all types of questionable functions it was never intended to perform. Maybe we should start a non-profit to build the fence (if we can do it) so at least we can get a deduction on that which we donate.

ETA: Look at all the unemployed people this could put to work. Funding this might actually be a real stimulus plan. It could kill two birds with one stone.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I'll take "How to alienate Mexican voters" for $200, Alex.

FWIW, I believe that the Governor of any state has the right to mobilize the State's National Guard in times of emergency. As others have mentioned, the State of Texas could pass and enforce laws that require business to only hire legal US citizens or visiting workers. But the politicians are too afraid of the potential backlash to change the status quo.

You want to change the power structure and violence potential of the Mexican gangs? Take away their funding. Decriminalize pot and have the gov't of Texas grow it and sell it. Pot is something like 70% of these gangs money source. But hey, what the hell do I know. I'm just some dumb schmuck that can read a history book and see the parallels between prohibition and this. I'm not some high and mighty elected official afraid of not getting elected again.

I'll take "How to alienate Mexican voters" for $200, Alex.

FWIW, I believe that the Governor of any state has the right to mobilize the State's National Guard in times of emergency. As others have mentioned, the State of Texas could pass and enforce laws that require business to only hire legal US citizens or visiting workers. But the politicians are too afraid of the potential backlash to change the status quo.

You want to change the power structure and violence potential of the Mexican gangs? Take away their funding. Decriminalize pot and have the gov't of Texas grow it and sell it. Pot is something like 70% of these gangs money source. But hey, what the hell do I know. I'm just some dumb schmuck that can read a history book and see the parallels between prohibition and this. I'm not some high and mighty elected official afraid of not getting elected again.

If it was just about Josh Gordon, you might have a point, though probably half the Josh Gordon in Texas is home grown. I used to know where a bunch of it was grown about 20 years ago. The problem is it isn't just Josh Gordon, but other drugs like cocaine and heroine which are much more dangerous. While your legalize it idea sounds good unless you are going to start holding employers harmless for anything their high employees do I'm not sure how practical it is.

Oh, and BTW, if Texas seceded, it will pretty much lock up Democrat government in the 49 states for ever so go right ahead and secede, just as fast as your assless-chapped little legs will carry you. And take Ron Paul with you. :D

:D Still planning on moving to Austin? :wacko: