[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My dog has a cancerous mass

peepinmofo

Update:

The vet just called, and said its pretty rare what she has. Its called chondroma rodens. Apparently it starts out benign and usually doesnt amount to anything other than possibly regrowing. However, it is possible that it could matastisize in the lungs, so were going to have xrays taken to make sure it hasnt done so. That happens next week. She seems like the dog she has always been, so for now, Im happy with the news. Ill update again after the xrays.

Keep those good vibes coming! :wacko:

Update:

The vet just called, and said its pretty rare what she has. Its called chondroma rodens. Apparently it starts out benign and usually doesnt amount to anything other than possibly regrowing. However, it is possible that it could matastisize in the lungs, so were going to have xrays taken to make sure it hasnt done so. That happens next week. She seems like the dog she has always been, so for now, Im happy with the news. Ill update again after the xrays.

Keep those good vibes coming! :tup:

Excellent!! :wacko:

Peep, I have always loved my mutts as much as my loved peoples. They can be a pain in the butt, especially boxers, but they are lovable and innocent, and love us back unconditionally. Sounds like it went well, hope the lung tests come back negative. Is the pooch wearing one of those collars? My poor long lost pal Casey had to wear one. I'd be behind him and call him, and he'd go off in the wrong direction... all sound came in from the front. Then he'd bang into doorways... I felt sorry for him, but it was funny at the same time.

Dogs are what I always called a little piece of God. They love us unconditionally. They are gifts, even if they don't live as long as we do.

Peep, I have always loved my mutts as much as my loved peoples. They can be a pain in the butt, especially boxers, but they are lovable and innocent, and love us back unconditionally. Sounds like it went well, hope the lung tests come back negative. Is the pooch wearing one of those collars? My poor long lost pal Casey had to wear one. I'd be behind him and call him, and he'd go off in the wrong direction... all sound came in from the front. Then he'd bang into doorways... I felt sorry for him, but it was funny at the same time.

Dogs are what I always called a little piece of God. They love us unconditionally. They are gifts, even if they don't live as long as we do.

Fortunately, no. She hasnt been licking the area much at all, so we didnt need to put one on her. Thank god because she is already a little loose in the brain as is. That would make her so much worse! haha

If she did have one on, I definitely would have to take videos and share because I know they would be priceless!

For those that care to read, this is the best description I have found...

C.'Chondroma rodens' A special type of tumour with fibrocartilaginous differentiation was first named ''chondroma rodens " (Jacobson) and later the " cartilaginous counterpart of fibromatosis " (Liu & Dorfman). This tumour is characterized by an aggressive growth. It has a lobulated structure, with islands of partly calcified and ossified neoplastic cartilage surrounded by cellular strands of spindle cells. This tumour, which is nearly always found in the cranium, could be primarily a soft tissue tumour arising, for example, in aponeuroses secondarily invading the underlying bone. More cases of this interesting tumour should be studied in order to learn more about its biological behaviour and structural variations.

Odd that it is "nearly always found in the cranium", but my dogs was on her back leg near her butt.

For those that care to read, this is the best description I have found...

C.'Chondroma rodens' A special type of tumour with fibrocartilaginous differentiation was first named ''chondroma rodens " (Jacobson) and later the " cartilaginous counterpart of fibromatosis " (Liu & Dorfman). This tumour is characterized by an aggressive growth. It has a lobulated structure, with islands of partly calcified and ossified neoplastic cartilage surrounded by cellular strands of spindle cells. This tumour, which is nearly always found in the cranium, could be primarily a soft tissue tumour arising, for example, in aponeuroses secondarily invading the underlying bone. More cases of this interesting tumour should be studied in order to learn more about its biological behaviour and structural variations.

Odd that it is "nearly always found in the cranium", but my dogs was on her back leg near her butt.

Every time I see you post, I really don't wat to click on the thread, I'm worried about bad news. More good vibes going your way.