[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sestak confirms WH job offer to get out of Senate race

driveby

Good thing nothing like this has happened before.

Oh no, not Saint Reagan. :wacko:

I believe the law that the Obama administration might have broken was signed into law by Bill Clinton, which is kind of ironic as according to the administrations current version of the story it was Clinton that offered him a position.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the law that the Obama administration might have broken was signed into law by Bill Clinton, which is kind of ironic as according to the administrations current version of the story it was Clinton that offered him a position.

not if it's the hatch act, it's a lot older than that. I don't know, honestly. but either way, I don't find the "it's OK to do something blatantly illegal, because somebody 25 years ago sorta wink-winked about doing something similar" argument very compelling.

not if it's the hatch act, it's a lot older than that. I don't know, honestly. but either way, I don't find the "it's OK to do something blatantly illegal, because somebody 25 years ago sorta wink-winked about doing something similar" argument very compelling.

According to a few posters here "it happens all the time in politics" so we should just ignore this.

Good thing nothing like this has happened before.

Oh no, not Saint Reagan. :wacko:

From your link;

In efforts to defend President Obama from the controversies involving Rep. Joe Sestak, D-Penn., and former Colorado speaker of the House Andrew Romanoff -- Democratic Senate candidates whom the White House made efforts to coax out of their challenges to incumbent Democratic Senators -- the White House and its allies have argued that a similar offer was made by President Ronald Reagan's White House when trying to coax a weak incumbent out of his re-election race.

But the Reagan White House official involved tells ABC News that that's not true, and he’s supported by press accounts at the time.

This whole "everybody does it stuff" is complete BS. Obama branded himself above all that. His administration would be "transparent." Obama promised to change the way business is done in Washington.

And he has. He has declared himself King, But the same old underhanded political dealings are still in full effect. Obama is a liar and a hypocrite. He is no better than his predecessor in this regard. And those that get lost in the "yeah, but he did it too" arguments" are just accepting the fact that our political system is corrupt beyond repair, and you find yourself defending your favorite crook when it suits your needs. Kind of pathetic. Like being a cell-block bitch but getting to choose which mac daddy gets to have you.

Is this serving any purpose? Should we not demand better? Haven't we had enough of this? Do we want to be a bunch of cell-block bitches the rest of our lives? Put down your party favoritism and see the Obama administration for what it is. More of the same only worse. I hope the Republicans hound them like dogs. At least maybe they will be able to slow down this rollercoaster ride to hell the Dems have us on.