[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No need to "complete the danged fence" when you throw the danged book at them.

evil_gop_liars

Michel Malecot is known for dishing out the tasty baguettes, pastries and wedding cakes that have made his French Gourmet restaurant a fixture for 31 years.

But when federal authorities raided his eatery, they discovered that his recipe for success included a staff of illegal immigrant workers from Mexico — pastry chefs, bakers and cake decorators, some of whom had worked the ovens for 15 years.

Malecot, 52, has pleaded not guilty. If convicted, he could face a maximum of five years in prison per count and a $250,000 fine per count. The government is also seeking to seize the restaurant, which includes the bakery and a catering business as well as a neighboring building owned by Malecot, saying the property should be forfeited because it was used in a crime.
:wacko:

I have a feeling I'm going to need a new lawn guy, I think he washes dishes in a restaurant during the week.

Chavez, yer legal right? You available?

:wacko: Yes though Colombian, but who will bring you the beer?

Perch will never be able to provide drywall again.

I don't know of any illegals working on any of our jobs. We do a pretty thorough background check on all our employees. There may be a sub or two that has an illegal, but if they are the have some good paper work as we force all our subs to check the immigration status of all their employees that are working on any of our sites. I'd welcome a tougher crack down by the federal government as it would even the playing field for those that play by the rules.

Hmmm...thats the exact same quote from the restaurant owner in the article/

I'm positive that I don't have any working directly for me, unless they have some hellacious forged documentation with real good back up.