[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you mock?

flemingd

Usually i try to find the trait someone gets bothered by, like say big ears, and then keep pointing those out and mocking them mercilessly until they sart to cry.

As for FF, you can go the route of signing up for random ones at ESPN, antsports, etc., or if you want a bit more of a serious experience, one of the forum based ones here as the season approaches.

Usually i try to find the trait someone gets bothered by, like say big ears, and then keep pointing those out and mocking them mercilessly until they sart to cry.

I like to mock people that either can't spell and/or type. :wacko:

I am not sure if I am alone on this or not, but I don't find mock drafting all that valuable. Its a fun release, but I don't know if it teaches me all that much about how any of my drafts are going to unfold.

Top 250 lists are at least based on something and I can see value in looking at mock draft results - but drafts are crazy things even with the best of prep. Folk in mock drafts pick players for a bundle of different reasons. First among these is owners adjusting for the randomness that homerism, bad picks and folk with hard-ons for certain players creates and their resulting ripple effects.

I think it is fair to say that if you had a group of owners draft - then draft again in the same order, that aside from the first and perhaps second rounds - their teams are going to be vastly different and that any similarities between an owners first or second team would be more a result of personal preference more than anything else.

They're fun though.

With all of that said - the Wench was in her first auction league last year and we both agreed that a couple mocks leading into that draft would have been hughly helpful.

I am not sure if I am alone on this or not, but I don't find mock drafting all that valuable. Its a fun release, but I don't know if it teaches me all that much about how any of my drafts are going to unfold.

Top 250 lists are at least based on something and I can see value in looking at mock draft results - but drafts are crazy things even with the best of prep. Folk in mock drafts pick players for a bundle of different reasons. First among these is owners adjusting for the randomness that homerism, bad picks and folk with hard-ons for certain players creates and their resulting ripple effects.

I think it is fair to say that if you had a group of owners draft - then draft again in the same order, that aside from the first and perhaps second rounds - their teams are going to be vastly different and that any similarities between an owners first or second team would be more a result of personal preference more than anything else.

They're fun though.

With all of that said - the Wench was in her first auction league last year and we both agreed that a couple mocks leading into that draft would have been hughly helpful.

While I may tend to agree with you about the value of an individual mock draft, the real value IMO comes from the sites that compile the results from hundreds if not thousands of mock drafts to give ADPs. To me, that is where the value comes in, as you get a good general idea of where the masses perceive player values to be, thus allowing you to highlight players you may need to reach on to get, and also players you may be able to let slide a round or two before taking.

While I may tend to agree with you about the value of an individual mock draft, the real value IMO comes from the sites that compile the results from hundreds if not thousands of mock drafts to give ADPs. To me, that is where the value comes in, as you get a good general idea of where the masses perceive player values to be, thus allowing you to highlight players you may need to reach on to get, and also players you may be able to let slide a round or two before taking.

I agree 100%. The larger the sampling - the more valuable the data. The very act of mock drafting seems kind of worthless though (outside of just being something to do and/or adding to the mock collective.)