[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ever wondered what happened to the black panthers from election day?

polksalet

You know, this is kinda interesting. I clearly remeber watching the news of the 2000 or 2002 election night (evidently not that clearly since I don't remember the year). There was some controversey about the polls and lines outside the polls, where they were kept open until 11:00. In one of the clips there was video of the Esteemed Cynthia McKinney, on a :wacko: bullhorn, outside of a polling place directing voters to remain in line that they were gonna keep the doors open until everyone got the chance to vote... Incidentally, this was in her district and she was on the ballot that day. I don't know how she never got in trouble for that.

You know, this is kinda interesting. I clearly remeber watching the news of the 2000 or 2002 election night (evidently not that clearly since I don't remember the year). There was some controversey about the polls and lines outside the polls, where they were kept open until 11:00. In one of the clips there was video of the Esteemed Cynthia McKinney, on a :wacko: bullhorn, outside of a polling place directing voters to remain in line that they were gonna keep the doors open until everyone got the chance to vote... Incidentally, this was in her district and she was on the ballot that day. I don't know how she never got in trouble for that.

The law may have changed since then since I see big "No Campaigning" signs at the polling sites now on election day.

The law may have changed since then since I see big "No Campaigning" signs at the polling sites now on election day.

I'm pretty sure that that law, about not being able to politic within 150 feet of a polling place, has been around since at least the voting rights act of 65.