[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need huddler's help

chester

Three friends have opened a hole in the wall bar dowtown called "The Sports Page". One goal is to decorate it with the banner from newspaper sports pages from around the country (or world). If anybody is willing to cut it out of their local paper (if anybody still gets the paper) and mail it here, it would be appreciated. Any interesting sports articles or headlines would work too.

TIA

BZ

C/O The Sports Page

131 N Barstow St

Eau Claire, WI 54703

ps

make sure to put in the BZ so they know it's from huddlers.

Three friends have opened a hole in the wall bar dowtown called "The Sports Page". One goal is to decorate it with the banner from newspaper sports pages from around the country (or world). If anybody is willing to cut it out of their local paper (if anybody still gets the paper) and mail it here, it would be appreciated. Any interesting sports articles or headlines would work too.

TIA

BZ

C/O The Sports Page

131 N Barstow St

Eau Claire, WI 54703

ps

make sure to put in the BZ so they know it's from huddlers.

Interesting. Is chimpanzee racing considered a sport.

Due to some sort of error, I've been getting daily delivery of the USA Today for the last month. I'll send him the Sports section of the last few days.

You're welcome!!

Just noticed you are form WI, Let me look and see if I can find any old Brett Favre papers from his days in ATL, believe it or not may be done pretty easily, kept some of the old AJC's with the early 90's Braves stuff in it.

:wacko: Well, I'm not sure if I can help or not. I have some Omaha sports sections that talk about Nebraska joining the Big 10. I just don't know if that is relevant with your area. Is there a big U of Wisconsin following? It might be relevant if they are college fans, but I imagine it'd be pretty worthless if this is all pro town. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Trying to ruin the business before it even gets started?

LOL.

Of course the headlines in the french papers are:

"the sadness and the anger"

"crushed"

"lamentable"

"pathetic"

and of course

"i'll (the really bad word) you up the ass you son of a whore"

warning very crude language you can follow this story in the world cup 2010 thread

all featuring weeping, unhappy french people.

Sounds like a wisconsin crowd pleaser to me. :wacko:

Of course what most of you probably don't know is that not only did france just get crushed in soccer in south africa, but we also sent our rugby team to get destroyed for good measure (44-17 against the springbocks)

LOL.

Of course the headlines in the french papers are:

"the sadness and the anger"

"crushed"

"lamentable"

"pathetic"

and of course

"i'll (the really bad word) you up the ass you son of a whore"

warning very crude language you can follow this story in the world cup 2010 thread

all featuring weeping, unhappy french people.

Sounds like a wisconsin crowd pleaser to me. :tup:

:wacko:

the bar down the street here is also called the sports page... just make sure the women's restrooms are really nice. Tiled floor, fru fru stuff everwhere, mirrors, nice hardware and sink, keep it clean. If you have a super nice ladies restroom then you will have lady patrons.

if you wanted to go farther on the actual theme you have, the bar could have its own monthly one page paper (free to customers)with up-coming events, crossword, a story about an employee and photos of parties from the past month. it would definately create a local feel.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I'll send you all the headlines I saved from when the Eagles won the Super Bowl :tup:

You might want to hold on that, things with errors on them tend to be a rare item and worth some money.

:wacko: Then again, that headline is probably printed up in advance of every season.

The sports bar I frequent here has a nice little feature in the mens room. Every day, the sports page is put up in glass frames that have little locks on them. That way, you can read the daily sports page while taking a nice long leak.

I'll send you a San Diego addition when I get a minute.

The sports bar I frequent here has a nice little feature in the mens room. Every day, the sports page is put up in glass frames that have little locks on them. That way, you can read the daily sports page while taking a nice long leak.

I'll send you a San Diego addition when I get a minute.

That's just to hide the peep show hole!