[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So let me get this straight: the USA is going to sue the state of AZ?

BeeR

In that case the state law was in direct conflict with the federal law, and the Supremacy Clause would apply. I'm still waiting for someone to show me where the Arizona law conflicts with federal law.

With that logic, I guess a state can enact any law it sees fit that matches federal law and then usurp federal authority in applying that law. :wacko:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our pastor did an interesting sermon series recently on what the Bible has to say about illegal aliens. Generally, his comment was that for Christians, its more important to have our political beliefs line up with what scripture says than the other way around, and too often we have it backwards.

Leviticus?

I do enjoy how people seem to believe the only illegals are from Mexico. Hopefully if the law stands, the law enforcement will be more suspicious of a person if he can't speak english or say the pledge or allegiance rather than his skin color.

Edited by WaterMan

Are you saying the US is wrong for issuing green cards and that US business-persons should not be allowed to go live and work abroad?

What you are talking about is a LEGAL activity, which of course I am not opposed to since I am pure of heart.

What I do not approve of is people coming here, and either not getting documentation, staying beyond the limits of that green card, abusing the system.

But wiegie was the only one that bothered to ask, the rest of you try to invent some imaginary "gotcha" in my simple statement of fact.

Man, I would sure hate to play in fantasy leagues with you types. The rules must be hell to follow when they are changing all the time.

I guess none of you want to talk about this. ( I included the Huffington Post link so it will be more palatable for some of you)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/j...m_n_619383.html

Giving advice about FF is pretty much educated guesses mixed with favoritism anyways.

Yet I am consistantly right more than I am wrong. Hmm. Must be on a 10 year lucky streak. I think you all should boycott my column because I love my country and am sick of it going down the Athenater. I am clearly the enemy now and cannot be trusted. :wacko:

How is giving police the right to ask for legal documentation crapping on the constitution? People seem to forget Illegal Aliens DO NOT HAVE any constitutional rights cause there NOT CITIZENS!!

Just to chime in Taz.....they absolutely do. You do not need to be a citizen of the US to have consititutional protections.

Just to chime in Taz.....they absolutely do. You do not need to be a citizen of the US to have consititutional protections.

You've been gone a while... Now shut the Penny Lane up!!!!! :wacko:

Yet I am consistantly right more than I am wrong. Hmm. Must be on a 10 year lucky streak. I think you all should boycott my column because I love my country and am sick of it going down the Athenater. I am clearly the enemy now and cannot be trusted. :wacko:

Can't boycott your column without refusing to re-up the Huddle. So in effect you are telling us to go ahead and move elsewhere. I'm certain DMD is glad to hear that. One shouldn't sh!t where they eat, dude.

Can't boycott your column without refusing to re-up the Huddle. So in effect you are telling us to go ahead and move elsewhere. I'm certain DMD is glad to hear that. One shouldn't sh!t where they eat, dude.

I'm not telling you to go anywhere. you guys threaten to stop reading my column based on my opinions so I am giving you my blessings. You can try to shove words down my throat and twist them to suit you. We still have that right in America. For the moment anyway.

It is your right to become a member of the huddle or not based on your own needs. If you are so narrow minded to close out opinions that differ from your own, there is little need for you to consult any type of service whatsoever. I'm just holding up a mirror, you can choose to look or not.

Back to the topic (strayed from by the left wingers constantly it seems)

And then there is this... http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/cartel...ref=igoogle_cnn

Edited by rattsass

I don't get why people are threatening to not read anymore of Ratt's articles based on his political views and thinking differently than you...

so, since you are paying customers of the huddle, he loses his ability to speak his mind, otherwise you will not read his article anymore? OH NO :wacko:

If anything, I respect him more now than I have previously...no matter how heated of an argument we have had in the past - what is a person if they can't speak their mind? Certainly not a person anymore...

and anyone threatening to not read his article anymore should just decide not to do so instead of throwing a hissyfit and screaming "YOU CAN'T COME TO MY BIRTHDAY, HA!"

It's not even my place to say anything about this, but it's really annoying how some people have outsheep'd the sheep because sheep at least need a dog to keep them in line....we're too evolved for that, instead we keep each other in line :tup:

Edited by Avernus

I don't get why people are threatening to not read anymore of Ratt's articles based on his political views and thinking differently than you...

You don't honestly think people are going to do this, do you?

So folk who are reading and responding to ratass' posts are going to suddently not read his articles?

Perhaps they disagree with him and his views on the world - but once again, they are reading and replying to his posts.... and for what?

These are the people who aren't going to read his articles? Articles that they once found worth reading - articles that they might not think are so crazy and articles that could actually have a pay off for them? Nonsense.

Humans should live in the country in which they are citizens. People seem to forget that.

What you are talking about is a LEGAL activity, which of course I am not opposed to since I am pure of heart.

What I do not approve of is people coming here, and either not getting documentation, staying beyond the limits of that green card, abusing the system.

But wiegie was the only one that bothered to ask, the rest of you try to invent some imaginary "gotcha" in my simple statement of fact.

Dude you make an absolutely inane comment, that we are somehow supposed to devine is meant to express something completely different, and it's our fault for not bothering to ask? :wacko:

God I want to hunt you down, beat you to a pulp, and ram your smug face up you ass.

by which of course I mean that I disagree with some of your verbiage and invite you to be more precise in the future :tup:

Dude you make an absolutely inane comment, that we are somehow supposed to devine is meant to express something completely different, and it's our fault for not bothering to ask? :wacko:

God I want to hunt you down, beat you to a pulp, and ram your smug face up you ass.

Wow... that was a Frenchman you just did that to.

You don't honestly think people are going to do this, do you?

So folk who are reading and responding to ratass' posts are going to suddently not read his articles?

Perhaps they disagree with him and his views on the world - but once again, they are reading and replying to his posts.... and for what?

These are the people who aren't going to read his articles? Articles that they once found worth reading - articles that they might not think are so crazy and articles that could actually have a pay off for them? Nonsense.

I don't care either way if they are or are not going to read his articles....

I'm just saying to stop being a little girl about it,...

by which of course I mean that I disagree with some of your verbiage and invite you to be more precise in the future :tup:

You can (and will) spin things however you want to. You talk about how "wrong" it is to try to keep illegal aliens out, and that is basically your position if you are saying we should not be protecting our border. That seems to be the prevailing hard-left position. So to take my comment in response to a "we are humans first"" comment to the extreme level and out of context only suits your need to find a victim for the idealistic witch hunt some of you live for.

I have a few ideas myself. Let's get real and admit that all the political posturing and dirty dealing serves none of us. We have the cartels now convinced that sending their products acroos our border is their RIGHT. People movers on the border think it is their RIGHT to bring illegals here. Need a place to have your baby? Come of over!

Our system is taxed beyond repair. We'd love to teach the world to sing, but we don't have a hell of a lot to sing about. I might suggest we think about and protect Johnny and Janes future first, and less about Juan and Juanita's future. Does that make sense to anybody? Or does that make me a racist protectionist bastardo?

You can (and will) spin things however you want to. You talk about how "wrong" it is to try to keep illegal aliens out, and that is basically your position if you are saying we should not be protecting our border. That seems to be the prevailing hard-left position. So to take my comment in response to a "we are humans first"" comment to the extreme level and out of context only suits your need to find a victim for the idealistic witch hunt some of you live for.

I have a few ideas myself. Let's get real and admit that all the political posturing and dirty dealing serves none of us. We have the cartels now convinced that sending their products acroos our border is their RIGHT. People movers on the border think it is their RIGHT to bring illegals here. Need a place to have your baby? Come of over!

Our system is taxed beyond repair. We'd love to teach the world to sing, but we don't have a hell of a lot to sing about. I might suggest we think about and protect Johnny and Janes future first, and less about Juan and Juanita's future. Does that make sense to anybody? Or does that make me a racist protectionist bastardo?

Racist :wacko: