[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obamas' Oil Spill Timeline

The Mucca

Katrina Response:

Day 1- Bushie was at his TX ranch looking at cows

Day 2- See day 1

Day 3- Bushie didn't care what happened in NO because he hates black people

Day 4- He tells Brownie he's doing a heck of a job after getting off the golf course while having his black caddie tap dance for him

Day 5- Bush is being incompetent

Day 6- We find out Bush created Katrina and ordered the mandatory evacuation only 2 days prior so that as many poor african americans as possible would be dead

Day 7- Bush ordered in 2003 that the locks in LA not be upgraded and that they should actually be weakened by dynamite

Day 8- Bush decided to read books to Kindergartners at public schools so he didn't have to make any tough decisions

Day 9- Bush got the update that 86 people had died in gunfights after Katrina and could be heard exclaiming "that's all, man I thought those n(redacted) would kill a lot more of one another than that

Day 10- Bush invited the Klan to his office

Day 11- No federal response has been recorded in regard to helping Katrina victims.

Day 12- Bush decides that he would rather go golfing than deal with anything relating to Katrina

Day 13- Press conference on Katrina, Bush can't point out the US on a world map, and notes that NO is somewhere along the coast of Madagascar

Just thought I'd get this in first.

Everybody knows its President Obamas job to plug up the leaking well...

Just like it was Bush's job to load all of the residents of NO on a train and drive it outta town.

Riding on the City of New Orelans

Illinois Central Monday Morning rail

Got George Bush as the conductor

Moving out with 250,000 Black males.

All along the west bound Odyssey

The train is headed out of the hurricane scene

Rolls along past crack houses, busted levees and fields

Passing towns that have no names

and looted stores with no glass in the frames

And crack houses full of losers and shills

Good bye New Orleans I hate ya

Yeah, don't you know me I'm GWB

Were on the train headed out of New Orleans

You wouldn't be in the situation if it weren't for me

Dealin crack are the old men in the club car

5 dollars a rock, 50 bucks for a whore

Pass the paper bag that holds the bottle

GWB came down here to save ya,

Maybe you wont call him a racist no more

And the sons of welfare mothers

With their I pods in their ears

Ride GW's magic carpet made of steel

Mothers with their babies asleep

Are hitting pipes full of the Josh Gordon

And GWB bailing em out is what they need.

Good bye New Orleans I hate ya

Yeah, don't you know me I'm GWB

Were on the train headed out of New Orleans

You wouldn't be in the situation if it weren't for me

Nightime in washed out New Orleans

Battling gangs is all anyone can see

Halfway destroyed, it will be fully by morning

Cause no one's here from FEMA

Or the Military

And all the people seem to fade

Into a bad dream.

And GWB still ain't heard the bad news.

Kanye blames Bush again,

And the media will not refrain,

From having GWB to accuse.

Good night America, Bush hates ya

Yeah don't you know he is an oil man

He is the one that leveled the city of NewOrleans

And he'd do it again if he ever go the chance.

Yeah he'd kill them all if he ever got the chance.

ETA: I can rearrange songs for all kinds of events, weddings, funerals, Bah mitzvahs, birthdays or even catastrophic events. Just tell me your favorite song and the occasion and for 19.95 you can have a gem like the one above!!

Edited by SEC=UGA

They left out the cigarette and crack breaks.

I heard he's off the cigs. George Soros probably sugested it.

I'll sum it up.

April 19th: Obama is over regulating oil companies.

April 20th: Obama needs to stop this spill and tighten regulations so this doesn't happen again.

June 10th: Obama needs to hold BP responsible for the clean up

June 13th: Obama can't make BP put 20 billion in an escrow account it's unconstitutional.

June 17th: Sorry BP that Obama and America has inconvenienced you.

Clearly there is plenty of room for a golf game.

That's good. Because if you're too weak to quit smoking cigs, you're probably too weak to lead the country.

Warren Harding, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and Lyndon Baines Johnson. Two others, Howard Taft and Dwight Eisenhower quit before becoming President. John Fitzgerald Kennedy smoked cigarettes in private but did not want people to know that he smoked. Many others smoked Cigars or Pipes. Ronald Reagan smoked cigarettes, during much of his earlier film career, but would quit before running for office. George W. Bush smoked cigarettes for many years, but would also quit in the early 90's. President-Elect Barack Obama admits still smoking cigarettes, but it is unclear if he will kick the habit once he is in the White House.

Link

Harding (or even LBJ) are probably not good examples of a good President that smoked. Nobody is going to say well if Harding smoked than it's ok if so and so does. But do you see any others on the list on interest?

Edited by MikesVikes

Furthermore, Ronnie, George, Bill, and W, all hit the chronic, and with the possible exception of Ronnie all got to know the blow as well.

I find little comfort in any of this, but it does explain a lot.

Edited by rattsass

I'll sum it up.

April 19th: Obama is an arrogant useless POTUS over regulating oil companies.

April 20th: Obama is an arrogant useless POTUS needs to stop this spill and tighten regulations so this doesn't happen again.

June 10th: Obama is an arrogant useless POTUS needs to hold BP responsible for the clean up

June 13th: Obama is an arrogant useless POTUS can't make BP put 20 billion in an escrow account it's unconstitutional.

June 17th: Sorry BP that Obama is an arrogant useless POTUS and America has inconvenienced you.

I'll sum it up.

April 19th: Obama is over regulating oil companies.

April 20th: Obama needs to stop this spill and tighten regulations so this doesn't happen again.

June 10th: Obama needs to hold BP responsible for the clean up

June 13th: Obama can't make BP put 20 billion in an escrow account it's unconstitutional.

June 17th: Sorry BP that Obama and America has inconvenienced you.

:wacko:

Either Obama is incompetent (as many have said on these boards) or he is somehow a superhero that can plug oil leaks underwater. Yet somehow the right cant decide which side to attack from on a day to day basis.

I am willing to bet that natural disasters (like Katrina) are anticipated by FEMA and they have contingency plans written (or . . . maybe not). Underwater oil spills that technical experts dont know how to plug immediately? Well . . CLEARLY that is Obama's fault for not coming up with a plan!! :tup:

Why Obama hasn't personally dived down to the leak and have it capped by now is beyond my comprehension. He must be too busy doing other things.

The Bilderbergers, Illuminati, and Ferengei do not want it capped. It doesn't fit their goal of total world domination.

:wacko:

Either Obama is incompetent (as many have said on these boards) or he is somehow a superhero that can plug oil leaks underwater. Yet somehow the right cant decide which side to attack from on a day to day basis.

I am willing to bet that natural disasters (like Katrina) are anticipated by FEMA and they have contingency plans written (or . . . maybe not). Underwater oil spills that technical experts dont know how to plug immediately? Well . . CLEARLY that is Obama's fault for not coming up with a plan!! :tup:

I think many of the people that are giving Obama hell are not giving him hell about being unable to cap the spill... What he is catching crap for is the fact that there is very little that has been done to prevent the oil from making landfall in mass quantities. They are stopping skimming ships for hours, in some cases days, to go through coast guard inspections, they are not allowing foreign nations to send skimmer ships, they are not allowing for emergency barriers to be built in a timely manner, they are allowing and then disallowing the use of certain chemical dispersants, etc... There is no single entity down there running the show from the fed. YOu have multiple fed departments approving and disapproving of certain things and tying up certain relief/soultions in a nearly unnavigable maze of bureaucracy.

He tells us that he has control of the situation. He states that he is setting up committees to make long term plans. He says that he is gonna kick some ass. Then he goes back and states that everything is BP's fault and he can't control what they are doing. Then he is in control again as he forces BP to set up a 20 billion dollar slush fund, which, btw, is only going to be funded to the tune of 5 B per year, so I'm guessing if in the course of a year the 5 B runs out then no more money will have to be expended.?

Finally, the public has no clue what is going on or who t believe. We get reports from the gov that the leak is 20,000 barrels per day, then it is 35K, then it is 60K, then, well it could be 100K per day. We were told the top kill was working, it didn't. We were told that oil has devastated all the beaches in the gulf, by the fed none the less, and the governors of these states come on TV and tell us it just isn't so. There is so much contradiction and seeming incompetence as to the manner in which this is being handled and info being disseminated that the public has every right to become irate about the manner in which this is being handled by the admin.

Wow. According to this timeline, he only has one, maybe two things to do each day and perhaps with a little bit of travel. That's it? That job is CAKE!

He's gotta leave time to manage his fantasy teams. He barely lost to Henry Muto in all 359 of his leagues last year and is determined to win at least one of them this year.

I think many of the people that are giving Obama hell are not giving him hell about being unable to cap the spill... What he is catching crap for is the fact that there is very little that has been done to prevent the oil from making landfall in mass quantities. They are stopping skimming ships for hours, in some cases days, to go through coast guard inspections, they are not allowing foreign nations to send skimmer ships, they are not allowing for emergency barriers to be built in a timely manner, they are allowing and then disallowing the use of certain chemical dispersants, etc... There is no single entity down there running the show from the fed. YOu have multiple fed departments approving and disapproving of certain things and tying up certain relief/soultions in a nearly unnavigable maze of bureaucracy.

He tells us that he has control of the situation. He states that he is setting up committees to make long term plans. He says that he is gonna kick some ass. Then he goes back and states that everything is BP's fault and he can't control what they are doing. Then he is in control again as he forces BP to set up a 20 billion dollar slush fund, which, btw, is only going to be funded to the tune of 5 B per year, so I'm guessing if in the course of a year the 5 B runs out then no more money will have to be expended.?

Finally, the public has no clue what is going on or who t believe. We get reports from the gov that the leak is 20,000 barrels per day, then it is 35K, then it is 60K, then, well it could be 100K per day. We were told the top kill was working, it didn't. We were told that oil has devastated all the beaches in the gulf, by the fed none the less, and the governors of these states come on TV and tell us it just isn't so. There is so much contradiction and seeming incompetence as to the manner in which this is being handled and info being disseminated that the public has every right to become irate about the manner in which this is being handled by the admin.

Honestly, I just haven't followed the whole situation that closely but from what i've seen I can't argue with what you've said.

1.) If anyone got sick or died because they rushed out there in a haphazard way, would you be attacking the gubmnet to make sure the Coast Guard wasnt making sure it was being done safely? Or would you want Obama brought up on murder charges for not ensuring safety?

2.) Other countries would have negotiated terms for the Us to PURCHASE their equipment. Not simply offer to help, so you are WAY off on that one. Pretty much other countries holding us hostage for their skimmer ships . . NO ONE volunteered help without upfront compensation.

3.) Chemical dispersants and building berms may be the right answer . . . but how much would you be crucifying Obama if they were the WRONG answer long term and it wasnt thought through? :wacko:

4.) Your BP guesses at running out of the reimbursement fund are dead wrong. It is a starting point for people in immediate need of losing their businesses and monthloy income. It is an immediate (thought you wanted insta-solutions) compensation fund. It is NOT a one time payment.

5.) He defenitely was wrong in the "kick ass" comment. Although a LOT of people agree with the emotion, it was not the right place.

6.) So your basic problem is how the media message is being disseminated? Or that Obama isnt down at the leak with a "flow-o-meter" measuring the exact barrel/gallon leakage? WHO CARES IS IT IS 20K or 30K?!?!?! It still needs to be freakin stopped! Unless you of course know the devastating impact that a couple more thousand gallons could do versus the current clustf@ck. Then you are excused . . :tup: How much of thse messages on the technical aspects have come from BP simply because the US doesnt have the technical wherewithal to seal the leak? So Obama SHOULD be taken to task for beleiving what BP has told them? :tup:

1.) If anyone got sick or died because they rushed out there in a haphazard way, would you be attacking the gubmnet to make sure the Coast Guard wasnt making sure it was being done safely? Or would you want Obama brought up on murder charges for not ensuring safety?

2.) Other countries would have negotiated terms for the Us to PURCHASE their equipment. Not simply offer to help, so you are WAY off on that one. Pretty much other countries holding us hostage for their skimmer ships . . NO ONE volunteered help without upfront compensation.

3.) Chemical dispersants and building berms may be the right answer . . . but how much would you be crucifying Obama if they were the WRONG answer long term and it wasnt thought through? :wacko:

4.) Your BP guesses at running out of the reimbursement fund are dead wrong. It is a starting point for people in immediate need of losing their businesses and monthloy income. It is an immediate (thought you wanted insta-solutions) compensation fund. It is NOT a one time payment.

5.) He defenitely was wrong in the "kick ass" comment. Although a LOT of people agree with the emotion, it was not the right place.

6.) So your basic problem is how the media message is being disseminated? Or that Obama isnt down at the leak with a "flow-o-meter" measuring the exact barrel/gallon leakage? WHO CARES IS IT IS 20K or 30K?!?!?! It still needs to be freakin stopped! Unless you of course know the devastating impact that a couple more thousand gallons could do versus the current clustf@ck. Then you are excused . . :tup: How much of thse messages on the technical aspects have come from BP simply because the US doesnt have the technical wherewithal to seal the leak? So Obama SHOULD be taken to task for beleiving what BP has told them? :tup:

1) Would probably have no problem with that scenario, there is a greater good in stopping the oil spill. I'm a conservative, not a reactionary liberal trying to have president's brought up on charges of treason and out there spewing invective and stating that a "President Lied and People Died".

2) Not true, the skimmer ships are on there way as we speak after some political wrangling was done in regard to the Jones act.

3) Probably wouldn't, again, goes back to the greater good.

4) How do you Know, have you seen the documents drawn up between BP and the US gove in relation to the fund? Secondly, BP has paid out a total of 32,000 of the 65,000 or so claims that have been filed currently. This has been done within 60 days of the spill. The fed is now taking over and they are expecting it to be at least 30 days before the fed commission starts amking payments. One thing I don't know is if BP is allowed to continue to process payments in the interim or if the funds have been cut off until the fed commission is put to gether.

5) the kick ass comment was a staged for television event. It is kinda remarkable that he made this comment after much public urging from people in the media and films. And for the record, I wouldn't have minded if he had come on tv in prime time and said "if they don't stop the flow soon, I'm going into BP corporate HQ and grabbing some sorry mfer by the nuts until the come up with a quick and tidy solution for getting this thing capped, because quite frankly I don't hink these bastards have a Penny Laneing clue what is going on."

6) Exactly why they need to appoint a central figure to handle this mess so that they don't come off as looking like uninformed foktards.