[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Condoms For Elementary Students?

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/24003575/detail.html

PROVINCETOWN, Mass. -- Elementary school students in Provincetown would be given condoms – whether their parents approve or not – under a policy approved by the town’s school committee last week.

First grade students can ask for the condoms, though the policy requires that students speak to a school nurse or other trained counselor before receiving one.

Dr. Beth Singer, school superintendent, said since there is no age limit on the distribution policy, she wanted to ensure that younger students requesting condoms receive information on their use.

“We’re talking about younger kids. They have questions they need answered on how to use them, when to use them,” Singer said.

Singer said that although sex education is taught in health classes, there isn’t any detailed instruction on condom usage.

The board voted unanimously to approve the policy, which states that the school district will not honor requests from parents that their children not be given condoms.

"That should be a parent's decision to say if condoms are available to their children," said summer resident Charlie Hanson.

"I would rather parents say they don't want their kids to have sex instead of saying I don't want my child to have a condom," said Singer.

The policy contains a strongly worded statement that the district does not approve of sexual activity by students.

However, if students engage in sexual activity “against our better judgment,” they are urged to use condoms, the policy states.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/24003575/detail.html

PROVINCETOWN, Mass. -- Elementary school students in Provincetown would be given condoms – whether their parents approve or not – under a policy approved by the town’s school committee last week.

First grade students can ask for the condoms, though the policy requires that students speak to a school nurse or other trained counselor before receiving one.

Dr. Beth Singer, school superintendent, said since there is no age limit on the distribution policy, she wanted to ensure that younger students requesting condoms receive information on their use.

“We’re talking about younger kids. They have questions they need answered on how to use them, when to use them,” Singer said.

Singer said that although sex education is taught in health classes, there isn’t any detailed instruction on condom usage.

The board voted unanimously to approve the policy, which states that the school district will not honor requests from parents that their children not be given condoms.

"That should be a parent's decision to say if condoms are available to their children," said summer resident Charlie Hanson.

"I would rather parents say they don't want their kids to have sex instead of saying I don't want my child to have a condom," said Singer.

The policy contains a strongly worded statement that the district does not approve of sexual activity by students.

However, if students engage in sexual activity “against our better judgment,” they are urged to use condoms, the policy states.

Well, at least we won"t have a buncha pregnant and disease riddled 10 year old's walking around.

Those not from the northeast may not be aware of this town's, uh, demographics.

Provincetown is a town located at the extreme tip of Cape Cod in Barnstable County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 3,431 at the 2000 census, with an estimated 2007 population of 3,174.[2] Sometimes called "P-town",[3][4] the town is known for its beaches, harbor, artists, tourist industry, and its reputation as a gay village.

Those not from the northeast may not be aware of this town's, uh, demographics.

it funny, my daughter has a gay friend in college who has started dating another gay friend of hers in highschool (sophmore) and I pointed out how that wasn't all that healthy of a relationship.

she said 'but age doesn't matter with my gay friend'

to which I pointed out that it clearly does matter to tham and that, that is where the problem comes in.

So now we no its a fact. gay people do not get out of the elementary school until age 16.

so would it be inappropriate to say that gay people are harder to educate and thus are stupid.

because to give a 1st grader a condom is just 3056095kvgkmfjdbgtjkosbdgojnhq

bottom line thus is point and whats wrong.

gays must recruit to survive.

So now we no its a fact. gay people do not get out of the elementary school until age 16.

so would it be inappropriate to say that gay people are harder to educate and thus are stupid.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wacko:

you thinking that explains why you are always hanging out at soccer fields.

This post is better than most. :wacko:

10-Year-Old Grand Marshal at Gay Rights Parade Sparks Controversy Across U.S.

When the Fayetteville, Ark., Gay Pride Parade steps off on East Street Saturday on its way to the Wal-Mart parking lot, it will be led by a young man who has made a career out of fighting for gay rights.

Make that a young boy. Will Phillips, the grand marshal, is 10 years old, and his presence has thrust Fayetteville's Gay Pride Parade into the national spotlight.

Ordinarily, the annual parade is pretty low-key, residents say. The mayor issues a proclamation, the police close a few streets and a few hundred people show up, something that Skip Descant, who covers the city for the Northwest Arkansas Times, says is a lot for a Saturday morning in the summer.

Booths are set up in the Wal-Mart parking lot; people linger to hear a few speeches in the hot sun; sometimes there are a few jeers; and then everyone goes home early. It is a pretty low-key affair.

But the selection of young Will, who last November refused to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance in school to show his support for gay rights, has changed all that. This year the parade has drawn national attention, and it's promising to tread the line between farce and confrontation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/24/year-...ks-controversy/

Kids have sex very early, without telling their parents, regardless of what the parents or any adult thinks about it. Would you rather your kid have sex without protection or information, or would you rather someone show them how to be safe? It's crazy that people think if they pretend it isn't happening it doesn't really exist. I would rather my school give my kid a condom than have a pregnant daughter with an std. jeeze. It doesn't matter what you think is appropriate. Sometimes, it's going to happen, much sooner than you would like. Your young children very often aren't going to do what you tell them to. You telling them they shouldn't be having sex is no exception. But the school should at least notify parents.. blah blah blah. If that's the policy kids won't tell the freakin school nurse to begin with, especially if you've already told them sex at their age is bad.

Edited by mrip

Kids have sex very early, without telling their parents, regardless of what the parents or any adult thinks about it. Would you rather your kid have sex without protection or information, or would you rather someone show them how to be safe? It's crazy that people think if they pretend it isn't happening it doesn't really exist. I would rather my school give my kid a condom than have a pregnant daughter with an std. jeeze. It doesn't matter what you think is appropriate. Sometimes, it's going to happen, much sooner than you would like. Your young children very often aren't going to do what you tell them to. You telling them they shouldn't be having sex is no exception. But the school should at least notify parents.. blah blah blah. If that's the policy kids won't tell the freakin school nurse to begin with, especially if you've already told them sex at their age is bad.

yeah, pregnant first graders is a great social affliction. that, despite being a medical impossibility. we gotta give em condoms!