[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But I wanted to believe it so badly!

bushwacked

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leading academics were called for written and oral evidence before the Russell enquiry, and in many cases the report accepts their account of events. The subjects of their criticism were not invited, not were climate scientists critical of their behaviour. For example, in their capacity as IPCC gatekeepers, the academics are cleared of excluding critical evidence, and yet bending the rules to include supporting studies. To reach this particular conclusion, for example, the report finds a criterion: a "consistence of view" with earlier work. The earlier work here was in fact produced the academics under scrutiny. So, having compared the CRU academics' work against their previous work, and found it to be consistent, they are cleared of malpractice.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/07/mu...ategate_report/

Yes, they were able to pass the rigorous standards of asking themselves if they thought they should be in trouble. This isn't a referendum on global warming, it's a university enquiry sweeping their problems under the rug.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/07/mu...ategate_report/

Yes, they were able to pass the rigorous standards of asking themselves if they thought they should be in trouble. This isn't a referendum on global warming, it's a university enquiry sweeping their problems under the rug.

Shhhh. Never wake a sleepwalker...

good info here, here, and here

The investigations thus far are much like having a trial with judge, jury, reporters, spectators, and defendant, but no plaintiff. The plaintiff is locked outside the courtroom sitting in the hall hollering and hoping the jury hears some of what he has to say. Is it any wonder the verdicts keep coming up “not guilty”? – Anthony Watts

independent :wacko:

You do realize climateaudit.org you are referring to for "good info" is at the heart of Climategate? Don't you?

umm, yeah. he's the guy they were hiding data from, the guy they were conspiring to discredit, etc. he's also the guy -- as you say, at the heart of climategate -- that none of these "independent" inquiries bothered to contact.

umm, yeah. he's the guy they were hiding data from, the guy they were conspiring to discredit, etc. he's also the guy -- as you say, at the heart of climategate -- that none of these "independent" inquiries bothered to contact.

The anti-GW spin machine is in overtime today.

So you roll your eyes at the conclusion of 3 separate independent inquires by giving full trust to posts on the world's most notorious anti-GW website ran by the guy who has the biggest chip on his shoulder for his ruse (which included an illegal gathering of emails, that he just "picked up and ran with") turning to crap. Yer a hardcore partisan, an insta-hypocrite, and a f'n joke dude. :wacko:

This is just like you clamoring on CBO numbers before you were against them, ridiculing people for posting anti-Bush Rolling Stone articles before posting RS anti-Obama articles, and the other day claiming that FactCheck is a joke because it contradicted some BS claim you were harping on that originated from Fox and Friends.

you're flailing a little bit here, and need to focus.

:wacko: C'mon it's not like you to give up this easy; I'm sure you can find another 10,000 blogs from the likes of climatescienceisaleftistconspiracy.com you can copy and paste. :tup:

Edited by bushwacked

climateaudit is a political blog? :wacko:

damn I can't keep up with your edits! that's three in as many minutes :tup:

I can't keep up with our "scientists" edits. I didn't take much science in school, but I do know a little about business. If you are getting paid to produce fear, you produce fear. All the non-global warming scientists are unemployed and/or discredited. I don't blame these hacks for continuing to suck at the teat of government funding. But I do have issue with those that blindly disregard that fact, and continue to fight the fight to redistribute our wealth as a result.

I should write a book about all this called Gullible's Travels.

I can't keep up with our "scientists" edits. I didn't take much science in school, but I do know a little about business. If you are getting paid to produce fear, you produce fear. All the non-global warming scientists are unemployed and/or discredited. I don't blame these hacks for continuing to suck at the teat of government funding. But I do have issue with those that blindly disregard that fact, and continue to fight the fight to redistribute our wealth as a result.

I should write a book about all this called Gullible's Travels.

I have to admit, that is a great title. :wacko:

Actually, you should write it. If Glen Beck can become a best-seller, there is no reason you couldn't also. That isn't a slam, I think there is a market out there that thrives on consumers of this type of stuff.

You certainly seem passionate enough!

Edited by cre8tiff

Three Strikes and you're out?

Will the new report shore up support for climate legislation in Washington? Not likely -- Climategate was the kind of political scandal (doctored evidence! cover-up! conspiracy!) that's just too sexy to be beaten with white papers. But it's worth noting how tall the pile of white papers is growing -- two previous inquiries also absolved the university and its scientists, and a Penn State University probe similarly cleared a scientist there of suppressing or falsifying data.

And that summarizes it, if people are hell bent on wanting to believe a conspiracy and have the political loyalty to deny, common sense and logic gets thrown out the window and no mountain of evidence is ever going to convince one otherwise.

Edited by bushwacked