[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finally, the Answer to the most often asked Question

SEC=UGA

(CBS) British scientists claim to have solved one of the great mysteries of life, the universe and everything in it: The chicken came before the egg, they say, and they're not mincing words.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first, but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," Sheffield University's Dr Colin Freeman, according to a report in the Metro.

Researchers from Scotland and England used a supercomputer called HECToR to look in such detail at a chicken eggshell that they were able to determine the vital role of a protein used to kick-start the egg's formation.

That protein is only found, wait for it... inside a chicken.

Freeman, who worked on HECToR with counterparts at Edinburgh's Warwick University, said the protein had been identified earlier by scientists and was known to be linked to egg formation, "but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process," he added, describing it as a catalyst.

Professor John Harding, who also took part in the research, told Metro the discovery could have other applications.

"Understanding how chickens make shells is fascinating in itself, but can also give clues towards designing new materials." he said.

Which is good, because in spite of HECToR's hard work and the "scientific proof" it yielded, the study offered no explanation as to how the chicken got there in the first place.

If not from an egg, perhaps it just came from across the road.

I had a crappy morning. I was behind a Tysons truck hauling baby chickens. Nothing like seeing a baby chicken ome flying out it's cage at you at 60 MPH. I avoided it, but it was laying on the side of the road flopping around. These are probably these engineered chickens that don't have eyes or beaks. I feel bad I thawed out some chicken breasts for dinner tomorrow night.

I had a crappy morning. I was behind a Tysons truck hauling baby chickens. Nothing like seeing a baby chicken ome flying out it's cage at you at 60 MPH. I avoided it, but it was laying on the side of the road flopping around. These are probably these engineered chickens that don't have eyes or beaks. I feel bad I thawed out some chicken breasts for dinner tomorrow night.

You, sir, are no true hillbilly. You should have slammed on the brakes, backed up to get what the Lord provided, and put the others back in the freezer. Who are you to deny God's provenance?

You, sir, are no true hillbilly. You should have slammed on the brakes, backed up to get what the Lord provided, and put the others back in the freezer. Who are you to deny God's provenance?

No kidding, that is the chicken version of veal, Tim.

On topic, or the chicken came from a mutated egg from another animal and the mutation was the chicken protein? :wacko:

:tup:

That is what I was thinking... if birds evolved from dinosaurs, which laid eggs, then clearly the egg came first. :wacko:

Clearly eggs came before chickens. That doesn't mean chicken eggs came before chickens. I think one would have to be in a state of chicken before being able to lay a chicken egg.

Clearly eggs came before chickens. That doesn't mean chicken eggs came before chickens. I think one would have to be in a state of chicken before being able to lay a chicken egg.

Not if ancient aliens genetically created them in a test tube and set them loose upon the world. :wacko:

so, the first thing we would officially call "chicken" hatched out of some sort of egg, correct? an egg laid by a not-quite-chicken. so is the egg a chicken egg, or a not-quite-chicken egg? do we define the egg by what laid it, or by what it contains? I would say, if a chicken came out of it, it was a chicken egg. therefore, the egg came first.

next question....did adam and eve have belly buttons? :wacko: