[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Partisan politics are ruining this site

Cunning Runt

Seriously.

All the political BS is absolutely ruining this site.

There are a few people that bring politics into nearly every single thread and generally in a challenging or critical manner.

Good god - let it go. The boards have taken a noticeable downturn since this all started - maybe a year or two ago.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The message board does not make society. It merely reflects it. There is unrest in society. There is unrest in the message board. You can turn a blind eye to it, and plead for it to stop, but it is happening. There are no safe havens.

The message board does not make society. It merely reflects it. There is unrest in society. There is unrest in the message board. You can turn a blind eye to it, and plead for it to stop, but it is happening. There are no safe havens.

I agree with the crazy guy

There are posts on Pam Anderson, Broken ribs, farts, old people, steam showers, computer issues, killer monkey, etc... here that I feel are very enjoyable as well, if you don't want to get involved on the political side of it, don't click the political threads.

I wonder if that timing coincides with any other event?

:wacko:

It was just as brutal before with the invective flying around about the treasonous President Shrub.

It's the off season, it gets this way every off season. Once camps start up, you'll see a lot less of it until about a week before the election. If it really bothers you, have you ever thought of not clicking on a thread that's title doesn't have a political title, that would take care of 95% of your problem. If you have problems with certain people like me for example you could simply ignore those people, and that would take care of 4% of the problem, then you are left with having to read something you don't want to read only 1% of the time, and then of course you could just quit reading and go to the next thread.

Some of the others I've noticed just in my screen w/o scrolling down involve:

Dude complaining about the political commentary (non political)

Cortisone shots (non political)

Lebron (non political)

Jogging (non political)

Rugby dude who got his sack ripped (non political)

Funny video of a woman getting tased (non political)

HOA's (non political)

Cigars (not Clinton, so non political)

and the other that I mentioned previously.

Also, there is a post on your favorite drink a little further down and many others.

If you would like to start a non-political post, I would be more than happy to join you in conversation. Seriously, you pick the topic.

ETA: Nevermind, I guess you already did that, see I'm participating with you here. Ain't it grand?

Edited by SEC=UGA

Maybe this will brighten your day THE OIL STOPPED FLOWING!!! DANCE IN THE FREAKING STREETS, it only took three freaking months but if finally happened! Yeah!

Seriously.

All the political BS is absolutely ruining this site.

There are a few people that bring politics into nearly every single thread and generally in a challenging or critical manner.

Good god - let it go. The boards have taken a noticeable downturn since this all started - maybe a year or two ago.

I hear ya. I spend considerably less time around here because of it. That, and fantasy foolball content has become pretty generic over the last few years.

I hear ya. I spend considerably less time around here because of it. That, and fantasy foolball content has become pretty generic over the last few years.

:wacko:

Ooooh, now you've got my attention. Elaborate?

That's only because you stopped writing your fantasy football articles.

That's only because you stopped writing your fantasy football articles.

Writers are egotistical pricks. And that is a non-partisan statement.

Edited by rattsass