[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Partisan politics are ruining this site

Cunning Runt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's only because you stopped writing your fantasy football articles.

Not at all. There are just more people doing it and more people doing it well. My article was pretty good. Now there's a dozen just like at any number of sites doing the same thing at least equally as well. Good information mas merely become far easier to find.

Not at all. There are just more people doing it and more people doing it well. My article was pretty good. Now there's a dozen just like at any number of sites doing the same thing at least equally as well. Good information mas merely become far easier to find.

I don't know that I completely agree with this. There are a lot of people writing, but a lot of it is just throwing chit against the wall. I think the writers on this site write what they believe, and what they know. I find a lot of integrity here that is not at all easy to find.

Obama sucks. McCain/Palin would have sucked equally badly, perhaps even more so. The national debt is going to lead to the collapse of our government and worldwide catastrophe and anarchy within 10 years and no one is doing anything about it.

That is all I have to say about politics.

The wife and I are planning a huge party this weekend. We're serving crabs because we live in Maryland, but I hate crabs and I hate living here. There will be lots of beer.

Obama sucks. McCain/Palin would have sucked equally badly, perhaps even more so. The national debt is going to lead to the collapse of our government and worldwide catastrophe and anarchy within 10 years and no one is doing anything about it.

That is all I have to say about politics.

The wife and I are planning a huge party this weekend. We're serving crabs because we live in Maryland, but I hate crabs and I hate living here. There will be lots of beer.

If I promise to bring some crabs, may I come?

Maybe you should have typed..."Gators Sucked

Florida - Georgia football series since 1990

Florida - 17 wins

Georgia - 3 wins

Sure, rub it in, this last 20 years hasn't been pretty, but by god if UGA ever gets off their collective asses and hires a decent freaking coach... goddammit, there I go spitting on the computer screen again... :wacko:

Do we really feel like this is new? You just have to take it all with a grain of salt.

I used to find the partisan jibber-jabber funny and amusing. These days I find it exhausting and repetitive. Though, perhaps the boards are the same and I'm what's changed. The main reason I check in these days is just to see some familiar names.

I used to find the partisan jibber-jabber funny and amusing. These days I find it exhausting and repetitive. Though, perhaps the boards are the same and I'm what's changed. The main reason I check in these days is just to see some familiar names.

We miss you :wacko:

I don't know that I completely agree with this. There are a lot of people writing, but a lot of it is just throwing chit against the wall. I think the writers on this site write what they believe, and what they know. I find a lot of integrity here that is not at all easy to find.

Meh. I care less about what people "believe" and more about how they demonstrate and process quantitative data into recognizable patterns and well-formulated prognostication. In that regard, there are most certainly 1 or 2 people who are head and shoulders above the rest. And if a writer has inside club info on an injury, or something, that's different. But for the most part I see a lot of "sameness" in the week-to-week fantasy football content today. But that's just one man's opinion.

Edited by yo mama

Is it possible this because you lean to the left, and liked it more two years ago when Bushwaker, Grunge, Ursa, Waterboy etc... were attacking the Bush Administration, but now that the Dems have control over pretty much everything, people are attacking or at least bringing to light their wrongs?

Is it possible this because you lean to the left, and liked it more two years ago when Bushwaker, Grunge, Ursa, Waterboy etc... were attacking the Bush Administration, but now that the Dems have control over pretty much everything, people are attacking or at least bringing to light their wrongs?

And who says partisan politics pop up too much in non-related threads? :wacko:

Meh. I care less about what people "believe"

I'm very interested in what successful people "believe." You can throw all the statistical analysis at me you want, but if the person I am getting advice from has never won anything, what use is it? Just a thought.

And who says partisan politics pop up too much in non-related threads? :wacko:

Well this is a thread about partisan politics, would you rather me talk about fencing in a swimming pool?

Well this is a thread about partisan politics, would you rather me talk about fencing in a swimming pool?

I would be interested in this. How much should it cost me to fence in a pool? Two sides are already covered with the exterior masonry block wall.

Based on a quick count roughly 33% of the threads on the first page (if you include this one) have political discussions in them. That seems about on par with typical small talk around the office.

I would be interested in this. How much should it cost me to fence in a pool? Two sides are already covered with the exterior masonry block wall.

How many feet of fence, what height? A 6 foot privacy fence will run you about $16 per foot an 8' will go about $19. Obviously chain link will be a little less, and fake ornamental iron (aluminum) a little more. I can give you a pretty good idea if you give me the quantities and what you want.

Yes. At least that has more value than some of the other crap you and I banter about on a daily basis . . . .:wacko: Like we are actually going to change the mind of the other person . . .

If perch is helping you be sure to ask about the sniper towers for shooting illegals.

But that will cost you extra. :wacko: