[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donnie Avery

STL Fan

This is an Initials Only player? Sheesh. :wacko:

(I just didn't think Louis Rankin was that popular)

I do believe the rules of initialing a player were followed. I looked it up in the manual. As the rule states within an existing thread on a specific topic tier 4-6 players are eligible to be initialed as long as that player is directly impacted by the information contained within that thread. I would have been in violation of the rule if I started my own thread of " Where was LR tonight?". This thread would have left board participants confused and alarmed causing board unrest and destabilizing the entire site.

Of course I might have an old or rouge manual.

Four Rams receivers had more receptions tonight than Avery's 2 (before he got hurt.) One was a nice catch for 30-something yards, but I think many people are overestimating Avery's value to the Rams offense. If the Rams are going to have a decent offense (that's a BIG "if') I don't think losing Avery is really that big a blow. They'll be able to sign someone off the wire when the cuts start coming that will be every bit as good. Talent-wise, he's probably the third or so best receiver on the roster right now.

My man Danario Alexander will take up the slack! Nothin' wrong with his knees...:wacko:

Poor Donnie, that stinks. Guy worked his butt off this offseason too. Local talk radio guys are just screaming for the Rams to trade for Vincent Jackson. Dunno if I am on board for that but hey, new owner, new face of the franchise, and heck why not a new number 1 receiver. Even though he has come across as kind of a monster truck aficionado lately.

I do believe the rules of initialing a player were followed. I looked it up in the manual. As the rule states within an existing thread on a specific topic tier 4-6 players are eligible to be initialed as long as that player is directly impacted by the information contained within that thread. I would have been in violation of the rule if I started my own thread of " Where was LR tonight?". This thread would have left board participants confused and alarmed causing board unrest and destabilizing the entire site.

Of course I might have an old or rouge manual.

I am embarrassed. I just checked the Initials Digest, and LR is the ONLY LR in there. In fact there are only two other Lx's (LE and LF) in the top tiers, so he certinly warrants a spot there. However, there are some QB xR's that merit initials - AR, BR, and MR.

Meanwhile some other receivers ranked above LR deserve mention: especially BB, CC, and DD. And never forget the power of JC!

Yours truly,

BB