[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the player in week one that will not make it into anyone's line up but jumps out and has a monster game ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

I don't know what anybody else is doing, but I have Hightower starting in every league I have him in. And I am not lacking confidence about that move at all. Then again, I didn't draft any RB2's until the 7th round so I'm not exactly chock full of options.

basically, Hightower and Knox were drafted as potential starters. I will have to bench Best and Ryan Grant to start Hightower and bench Hines Ward and Maclin to start Knox, none of those being easy decisions.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically, Hightower and Knox were drafted as potential starters. I will have to bench Best and Ryan Grant to start Hightower and bench Hines Ward and Maclin to start Knox, none of those being easy decisions.

It is getting more and more like that with running backs. As for Ward and Maclin, I probably wouldn't switch Knox for those guys. Not until we see exactly what the hell is going on. Knox was probably drafted a starter for most with big lineups.

Now that is one huge reach!!!! Ginn cant catch a ball with glue stuck to it.

I know. But I think that one-time-only monster games typically come from speedy WRs that catch a couple deep balls, maybe one or two for TDs (Frisman Jackson) or big power backs that punch in a couple TDs (Mike Karney).

Plus I think that its fair to say that Ginn isn't going to be in anybody's lineup (except maybe in leagues in which players get points for return yardage.) Hightower? Gaffney? C'mon - they'll be in plenty of lineups.

Edited by Furd

I know. But I think that one-time-only monster games typically come from speedy WRs that catch a couple deep balls, maybe one or two for TDs (Frisman Jackson)

sheesh, that was 5 years ago. did you have him in a dynasty league or something? He's now out of the league and coaching the WRs at Akron.

sheesh, that was 5 years ago. did you have him in a dynasty league or something? He's now out of the league and coaching the WRs at Akron.

Nope. He was just a guy that nobody in the world (other maybe than his dad) started that had a really good game.

I'm starting quite a few of the guys mentioned so far, in at least one league, including Ginn in 32 Homarrrrs. :tup: I'm either in too many leagues (I'm in that league as well), or my teams must be brutal. Actually, it could end up being both. :wacko:

If I had to guess, it's going to be one of these WR3 type of guys, for a team with an above-average passing game, that will catch multiple TD's this week (my personal favorites, if I had to put money on somebody, are in bold):

James Jones GB

Aromashadu CHI

Shipley CIN

Walter HOU (He is probably technically their WR2, but I'm guessing not too many people are starting him)

Avant PHI

Galloway WAS

Manningham NYG

Ginn SF

Butler SEA

Miami v Buffalo - Watch for Davone Bess...

He was hot on my radar and then someone actually drafted him...ruined my plans to grab him when i could sift through the other breakout potential busts that will occur on my squad.

Next in line to make week 1 WW buzz...

Julian Eldeman (TE-NE)

NOW, he has a foot injury so i dont know how much they will limit him but he has a big role to fill. NE TE's have scored 3 outta 4 in the past 4 years. I thought i read that somewhere and it supports my case but i like him anyways and hope that he lasts a while cuz i need a backup for WK10 but dont wanna waist the spot until at least WK7 so i can grab someones backup who they dropped because they dont need them anymore.

He was hot on my radar and then someone actually drafted him...ruined my plans to grab him when i could sift through the other breakout potential busts that will occur on my squad.

Julian Eldeman (TE-NE)

NOW, he has a foot injury so i dont know how much they will limit him but he has a big role to fill. NE TE's have scored 3 outta 4 in the past 4 years. I thought i read that somewhere and it supports my case but i like him anyways and hope that he lasts a while cuz i need a backup for WK10 but dont wanna waist the spot until at least WK7 so i can grab someones backup who they dropped because they dont need them anymore.

No offense, but try using a comma once in a while... My head hurts, just trying to read your last "sentence." :wacko: By the way, Edelman is a WR, not a TE. There's a good chance he won't even play tomorrow, but I do like him long-term this season. In other words, he is worth a flier as a 5th/6th WR, just in case Welker's knee doesn't hold up (especially in PPR leagues).

If you need a bye-week filler at TE, keep an eye on the two rookies in NE, Gronkowski and Hernandez. I also like the rookie (not even gonna bother trying to spell his name) in STL, as well as Dickson in BAL... especially if Heap has injury issues, like he does seemingly every year.

Julian Eldeman (TE-NE)

No offense, but try using a comma once in a while... My head hurts, just trying to read your last "sentence." :wacko: By the way, Edelman is a WR, not a TE. There's a good chance he won't even play tomorrow, but I do like him long-term this season. In other words, he is worth a flier as a 5th/6th WR, just in case Welker's knee doesn't hold up (especially in PPR leagues).

If you need a bye-week filler at TE, keep an eye on the two rookies in NE, Gronkowski and Hernandez. I also like the rookie (not even gonna bother trying to spell his name) in STL, as well as Dickson in BAL... especially if Heap has injury issues, like he does seemingly every year.