[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

devi0us

Simmons is a clown. He's funny at times but I find that his knowledge is pedestrian at best. I'm not saying that he knows little about sports - he knows a ton because it's his livelihood - I just don't find his opinions, etc. to be particularly impressive. He's worth reading for the humor though.

My favorite thing about Simmons is what my brother said about him (they both went to Holy Cross) when I asked him if he knew who Simmons was.

Me: You know anyone named Bill Simmons at HC?

Bro: Yeah - why? We did sports radio and intramurals together. He's a no-talent jock sniff.

Me: He's like a bigtime internet writer for ESPN now.

Bro: Didn't know that. No-talent jock sniff.

Simmons is a clown. He's funny at times but I find that his knowledge is pedestrian at best. I'm not saying that he knows little about sports - he knows a ton because it's his livelihood - I just don't find his opinions, etc. to be particularly impressive. He's worth reading for the humor though.

My favorite thing about Simmons is what my brother said about him (they both went to Holy Cross) when I asked him if he knew who Simmons was.

Me: You know anyone named Bill Simmons at HC?

Bro: Yeah - why? We did sports radio and intramurals together. He's a no-talent jock sniff.

Me: He's like a bigtime internet writer for ESPN now.

Bro: Didn't know that. No-talent jock sniff.

hes very knowledgeable about the nba.....the other stuff...id agree...hes pretty pedestrian(then again arent we all....we all dont spend hours watching film and i dont think any teams are banging on our doors for our services)......he has alot of haters...but also a legion of fans....ive found that ive started to like him less over the years...likes hes gotten a little too big...and maybe big headed.....but i dunno....youve got to go out of your way to call his opinion on foster "drivel"....its basically what most fantasy writers have been saying about him...you dont get as far as he has without having a little bit of talent.....not saying your brother is lying....but i find it hard to believe that he didnt know that a guy he went to school with was a featured writer on a website as big as espn.com......unless he has no contact with any of his friends from HC anymore or hes been living under a rock.....if a kid i went to kindegarten with was writing for espn id know.......hell i follow a guy, that my friend went to college with that plays OF for the padres...just to see how hes doing...i dunno....maybe im different

hes very knowledgeable about the nba.....the other stuff...id agree...hes pretty pedestrian(then again arent we all....we all dont spend hours watching film and i dont think any teams are banging on our doors for our services)......he has alot of haters...but also a legion of fans....ive found that ive started to like him less over the years...likes hes gotten a little too big...and maybe big headed.....but i dunno....youve got to go out of your way to call his opinion on foster "drivel"....its basically what most fantasy writers have been saying about him...you dont get as far as he has without having a little bit of talent.....not saying your brother is lying....but i find it hard to believe that he didnt know that a guy he went to school with was a featured writer on a website as big as espn.com......unless he has no contact with any of his friends from HC anymore or hes been living under a rock.....if a kid i went to kindegarten with was writing for espn id know.......hell i follow a guy, that my friend went to college with that plays OF for the padres...just to see how hes doing...i dunno....maybe im different

Look at it like this - if you're not a reader of espn.com or a general fan of internet sports/fantasy sites, which my brother isn't, the chances you'll know that Bill Simmons is a name in those venues are very slim. Simmons was also a couple classes younger than him, so he didn't know him all that well. His friends weren't Simmons' friends, etc., so nobody would have any reason to give him an update on Simmons. Also note that I had this convo with my brother like 5 years ago, so he did end up hearing about the guy from someone (which is what generally happens, as you point out).

Simmons got old for me as well - I think it's just that his brand of humor is repetitive and simply gets tired after a while.

Look at it like this - if you're not a reader of espn.com or a general fan of internet sports/fantasy sites, which my brother isn't, the chances you'll know that Bill Simmons is a name in those venues are very slim. Simmons was also a couple classes younger than him, so he didn't know him all that well. His friends weren't Simmons' friends, etc., so nobody would have any reason to give him an update on Simmons. Also note that I had this convo with my brother like 5 years ago, so he did end up hearing about the guy from someone (which is what generally happens, as you point out).

Simmons got old for me as well - I think it's just that his brand of humor is repetitive and simply gets tired after a while.

yeah i hear ya

So week 2 has come and gone, and I am at worst as impressed with Foster as I was after week 1.

Guy just got 140 total yards AT the Skins, which is a VERY tough place for opposing RB's to play.

And he did so with 19 carries in a game where Houston was forced to be pass crazy. So he still got 19 carries despite the crazy pass game.

Yet again though we get these Foster "haters" for whatever reason. Look at these comments by a so called ESPN fantasy "expert". AND the guy starts by saying he is the # 10 RB into tonight, which means worst case he is the # 12 RB for the week (a # 1 in a 12 team league) in a week where he played AT a very tough D.

Arian Foster came back to earth a bit in Week 2, going from 231 yards, three touchdowns and 41 fantasy points in Week 1 to 69 rushing yards (and 69 more receiving) and 12 fantasy points Sunday. It could have been much worse. I ranked Foster as a safe RB2, and entering Monday only 10 running backs outscored him. This just underscores how overrating one game can be a bad move. Matt Schaub threw for 497 yards Sunday, albeit helped by the Washington Redskins playing a loose nickel defense in the second half to aid in blowing a big lead, and then two overtime drives. Still, I expect more imbalanced offensive performances from the Houston Texans like they had in Week 2 rather than their run-heavy Week 1. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Foster owners will be looking to cash in on their investment (via trade) this week. Hey, many ESPN Fantasy analysts were telling you to do so last week.

The Foster hate is comical to me...

Edited by giantsfan

I got White for him as I needed WR and I drafted foster as backup (didnt expect this) so the trade was fair. I miss him though...i watched him play this weekend and he is goood.

See, but that is a good trade. You got a top 5ish WR for him.

If you can get a stud at another position you may need help at, go for it. My only point is if you are dealing Foster just to deal him thinking he will come down, I don't think that is going to happen barring injury or something unforeseen.

I still think the RB that you may want to try and deal at a high point is Best due to his crazy hard schedule going forward.

Just browsing, it looks like Arian Foster's schedule is a mixed bag, some "easy" games mixed in... per Huddle Stats page.

vs Dallas - ranked 3rd against fantasy RBs (but it's at home)

at Oakland - ranked 30th against fantasy RBs

vs NY Giants - ranked 8th against fantasy RBs (but it's at home)

vs KC - ranked 10th against fantasy RBs (but it's at home)

at Indy - ranked 32nd against fantasy RBs

vs San Diego - ranked 24th against fantasy RBs

at Jacksonville - ranked 16th against fantasy RBs

JUM

Just browsing, it looks like Arian Foster's schedule is a mixed bag, some "easy" games mixed in... per Huddle Stats page.

JUM

I will say this, I think that is a good schedule. I think Dallas can be tough, even at home. But Oak, NYG (Giants D is bad especially on the road and against a team with weapons like the Texans...see last night), KC faced SD in a mess and with a ton of emotion and Clev, Indy speaks for itself, SD is middle of the road (again at home though), and Jacks is whatever on D.

So to me I view that as a very good schedule. And NONE are near as tough as AT Washington a game where he got 140 yards combined.

i like Foster a lot. i know it seems super cliche to say after all these years, but hes perfect for this type of running offense. he truly is a one cut and go back. he hits the hole very well for the MOST part, and he is pretty decent at breaking tackles and getting the YAC.

i DO think some people are worried he will be like slaton two years ago, a good year and then he just dropped. but i dont see that from foster. he is a much better runner than slaton, and in an offense like the texans he'll always be getting touches.

i think whether you trade him or not depends solely on your league set up and of course what you have vs what you need. im really only in one league, and its a 32 team homer league, so slaton is my main man :wacko:. but for you 3 running back owners, if you have CJ or AP or something like that, and Arian is for some odd reason your #3 (you might want to look at who your #2 is for arian is really your #3 at this point), then maybe get strong at a weaker position. otherwise, keep him.

JUM

I'll freely admit my knee-jerk reaction to Foster's big WK1 was that it wouldn't happen again, primarily because I didn't see Houston running the ball 30 times again; they only did it twice the previous season and that was against the #30 and #32 run defenses. Not that I would give him away, but for the right offer I was in favor of selling high.

But then a look at his schedule suggests that if you're inclined to sell high on the guy the best time might actually be in about a month or so, right around his bye week (WK7). He has a very nice schedule up to that point, and coming out of the bye is a rematch with Indy so a less astute trading partner might simply assume he/she could slot Foster in for 230 and 3 in WK8 and overpay accordingly.

After that, though, Foster goes @Jax, @NYJ, Ten, @Phi, Balt, @Ten, @Den—a slate which includes no cream puffs. Add to that Gary Kubiak's track record of yanking backs on a whim and I can see the benefits of selling high—and let me stress selling high, not unloading just because he's probably had his best game of the year. I'm certainly not anti-Foster (did you know Arian was a shortened version of his given name, Aquarian?) and the fumbling problem seems to be somewhat overblown, though if he puts one on the ground in Houston who knows how Kubiak will react. I don't know that there are only two backs I'd rather have, but if I'm trading him he's commanding the same value I would get for any other top-10 back.

Nice puff piece on Foster. Interesting cat. I wouldn't trade him the more I think about it, let it ride and see where it goes. Breakout guys like Foster make this hobby fun.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...nt/7205045.html

Agreed, finding a late round gem and riding him to a championship is what makes this hobby fun!!!

To me Foster has proven he is a legit top 10 RB now.

3 games: 400 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, 3 TD's, over a 6 YPC avg, played at Wash and vs Dall (two VERY solid run D's), and since that game isn't it funny to see that Indy's run D isn't as bad as we thought (guess we can't say even I could run for 230 against them), very nice next 6 games:

at Oak

NYG

KC

at Indy

SD

at Jacks

Only knock I guess would be he didn't get in from the 1 today. and maybe the fumble, but that doesn't concern me, every RB fumbles every now and then.

If he can perfom at Wash and vs Dall I see NO REASON he isn't a top 10 RB going forward. Not saying top 5, but top 10 yes. And he will get 17-20 carries a game also, that is pretty clear.

To me Foster has proven he is a legit top 10 RB now.

3 games: 400 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, 3 TD's, over a 6 YPC avg, played at Wash and vs Dall (two VERY solid run D's), and since that game isn't it funny to see that Indy's run D isn't as bad as we thought (guess we can't say even I could run for 230 against them), very nice next 6 games:

at Oak

NYG

KC

at Indy

SD

at Jacks

Only knock I guess would be he didn't get in from the 1 today. and maybe the fumble, but that doesn't concern me, every RB fumbles every now and then.

If he can perfom at Wash and vs Dall I see NO REASON he isn't a top 10 RB going forward. Not saying top 5, but top 10 yes. And he will get 17-20 carries a game also, that is pretty clear.

I totally agree. I think Foster is a low end #1 and high end #2. He's got to be one of the best value picks this year to this point.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I have't read much of the previous posts, but he was impressive today. Very smooth and accelerates quickly. Showed very good vision and patience on a couple cutbacks, then accelerated around and through the secod level. You should always be looking for a great deal with any player, but "selling high" leads you to believe that other shoe will drop and his stock will go along with it. With as dangerous as the passing game is, I can't see that happening. It sure looks like he is in for a pretty good year.