[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshawn Lynch

klambert

Per CBS

According to the Bills' official web site, RB Marshawn Lynch is expected to get a big chunk of the carries in Week 3 at New Englansd. “He started last week and he’ll play a lot this week,” coach Chan Gailey said. ”He ran the ball pretty good. You could tell he was rusty from last year not having played a ton and getting back into it this year. He didn’t play in the preseason as well, so he’s just now getting back into it and as most everybody knows you can never have enough quality running backs in this league.”

I might be forced to start him with an injury to Mathews. My obvious concern is the Patriots getting ahead quickly. I know he has been a pass-catcher in the past but it looks like Spiller has taken that role so if this were to happen he might not be overly active in this game.

Does anyone know, is Jackson the GL back or are those duties not oficial?

Edited by Chloroform Rx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this bum wasted a space on my roster for the first half of last year after his suspension and now again this year he is wasting away hoping for a GB trade. you would think if they decide to get him it'll happen near the beginning of the season. thanks for nothing AGAIN marshawn.

this bum wasted a space on my roster for the first half of last year after his suspension and now again this year he is wasting away hoping for a GB trade. you would think if they decide to get him it'll happen near the beginning of the season. thanks for nothing AGAIN marshawn.

You drafted him thinking he is startable? Honestly, that is like complaining a backup isn't playing. You don't draft players with this much risk to rely on unless you are in a 16+ league. Last year he was splitting time with Fred Jackson and this year they drafted a RB in the first round and their team did not improve (actually got worst IMO).

If he gets traded to any team where he is the starter you will be loving it and if he doesn't you eat up the risk you took.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicted on Around the League Wednesday that the Bills will "pull the pin" and deal Marshawn Lynch before the October 19 trade deadline.

Lombardi, a former NFL general manager, has a good feel for situations like this. He concedes that the Bills will require a quality draft pick, but it sounds like a deal could get done for something like a conditional fourth-rounder that would escalate based on playing time and performance. Green Bay is the most hotly rumored landing spot, but other teams will suffer running back injuries before mid-to-late October and could enter the mix.

Lynch would probably produce fairly well in GreenBay.

Could be a 2nd half of the season great add to the roster.

Edited by theeohiostate

I would just love it if Marshawn gets traded to GB! I picked him up simply for stash purposes in hopes he gets traded. With all the RB injuries this year you just know he is going to land squarely on his feet with another team and could be a very big steal for anyone balsy enough to stash him.

Okay, so I just read the most rediculious rumor... or is it? I read that there is a rumor of Denver trading Orton for Lynch. The people trying to validate this are saying that Orton has played crappy. WHAT? Are these pepple on crack???

I think this is a dead rumor, but thought I'd mention it here for giggles!

Okay, so I just read the most rediculious rumor... or is it? I read that there is a rumor of Denver trading Orton for Lynch. The people trying to validate this are saying that Orton has played crappy. WHAT? Are these pepple on crack???

I wouldnt discount Buffalo trying to pry Orton away. I cant see Denver proposing that trade though.

I highly doubt this.

I highly doubt this.

While I agree, because Orton has played well and Denver is playing pretty decent on both sides of the ball... they do have two first round QBs sitting on the bench behind him... and it's not like McDaniels has given us any reason to believe he won't trade away his franchise QBs...

While I agree, because Orton has played well and Denver is playing pretty decent on both sides of the ball... they do have two first round QBs sitting on the bench behind him... and it's not like McDaniels has given us any reason to believe he won't trade away his franchise QBs...

Cutler and McDaniels got off to a rough start, I can't see a repeat happening again. I am not sold as Orton being a franchise QB, but he is playing at a high level right now. BUF would take the deal in a heartbeat and Ortons value will go down the tubes.

Come on already GB pull the trigger on the Lynch trade, unless you want to contiue with the BJax failed experiment.

This week will determine alot IMO. If they can't run again, I believe they will make a move, wether free agency or a trade (not necessarily Lynch). From what I read, the Packers rarely like to trade (but have attempted in spot situations). If they do not trade, Starks is going to be my next pickup because they must see something in him. But again, they saw something in BJAX.

That situation is so muddy right now. Best situation for fantasy owners would be Lynch going there.

BUF could be floating the rumor to spook the Pack into giving up more for him.

If they were, you'd think it would be a tad more reasonable of a rumor. Ortons no Cutler and I mean that in a good way. Cutler is a cry baby that didn't like the thought of being traded so bouted until he got his trade. Ortons like "What ever, just give me a chance to win the job". I've liked Orton when he was in Chicago. He's not a super star, but he's perfect for what Denver needs while the team matures more.

A friend of mine just told me that the Pack has stated that they wont be trading for an RB's this year and will just stick with what they have. Has anyone else heard any of this?

That sounded like coachspeak of trying to lower the price. I still think they are trying to get someone else in there.

A friend of mine just told me that the Pack has stated that they wont be trading for an RB's this year and will just stick with what they have. Has anyone else heard any of this?

I also heard SIngletary tell the world how he supports his OC and then fired him the next day... :wacko: