[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pass now read later

moneymakers

Examiner Editorial: Obamacare is even worse than critics thought

Examiner Editorial

September 22, 2010

Six months ago, President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rammed Obamacare down the throats of an unwilling American public. Half a year removed from the unprecedented legislative chicanery and backroom dealing that characterized the bill's passage, we know much more about the bill than we did then. A few of the revelations

?Obamacare won't decrease health care costs for the government. According to Medicare's actuary, it will increase costs. The same is likely to happen for privately funded health care.

» ?As written, Obamacare covers elective abortions, contrary to Obama's promise that it wouldn't. This means that tax dollars will be used to pay for a procedure millions of Americans across the political spectrum view as immoral. Supposedly, the Department of Health and Human Services will bar abortion coverage with new regulations but these will likely be tied up for years in litigation, and in the end may not survive the court challenge.

?Obamacare won't allow employees or most small businesses to keep the coverage they have and like. By Obama's estimates, as many as 69 percent of employees, 80 percent of small businesses, and 64 percent of large businesses will be forced to change coverage, probably to more expensive plans.

?Obamacare will increase insurance premiums -- in some places, it already has. Insurers, suddenly forced to cover clients' children until age 26, have little choice but to raise premiums, and they attribute to Obamacare's mandates a 1 to 9 percent increase. Obama's only method of preventing massive rate increases so far has been to threaten insurers.

» ?Obamacare will force seasonal employers -- especially the ski and amusement park industries -- to pay huge fines, cut hours, or lay off employees.

» ?Obamacare forces states to guarantee not only payment but also treatment for indigent Medicaid patients. With many doctors now refusing to take Medicaid (because they lose money doing so), cash-strapped states could be sued and ordered to increase reimbursement rates beyond their means.

» ?Obamacare imposes a huge nonmedical tax compliance burden on small business. It will require them to mail IRS 1099 tax forms to every vendor from whom they make purchases of more than $600 in a year, with duplicate forms going to the Internal Revenue Service. Like so much else in the 2,500-page bill, our senators and representatives were apparently unaware of this when they passed the measure.

» ?Obamacare allows the IRS to confiscate part or all of your tax refund if you do not purchase a qualified insurance plan. The bill funds 16,000 new IRS agents to make sure Americans stay in line.

If you wonder why so many American voters are angry, and no longer give Obama the benefit of the doubt on a variety of issues, you need look no further than Obamacare, whose birthday gift to America might just be a GOP congressional majority.

Hope and Change

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...-103571664.html

QUOTE (bushwacked @ 9/23/10 10:21am)

Perch doesn't like abortion because he is a moral conservative. He is all for personal freedoms, until he isn't .

Go back down to your mothers basement and play some video games. Leave the real discussions to those capable of understanding them. I view killing a living being as bad. I can see doing it in some instances where the mother's health is at stake, or even if the child has a low probability of a quality life based on medical issues that can not be rectified. I do find it morally objectionable to kill a living being as a means of birth control. Just as I would find shooting you in your mom's basement objectionable. I'm not for unlimited personal freedoms when those freedoms infringe on those of others. Still having said all that, like I've said many times this is not an issue anywhere near the top of the list of issues I feel needs to be addressed at this point, other than rectifying Obamacare which has a loophole in it that allows federal dollars to pay for elective abortions.

This well balanced, completely reasonable, non-inflammatory, objective story might be one of the greatest tomes on political thoughts in human history.

Thank you for opening our eyes to the injustice wrought by this demon that has usurped the White House.

Your work will result in ascention to Heaven for your good deeds.

Rock on holy warrior . . . rock on.

This well balanced, completely reasonable, non-inflammatory, objective story might be one of the greatest tomes on political thoughts in human history.

Thank you for opening our eyes to the injustice wrought by this demon that has usurped the White House.

Your work will result in ascention to Heaven for your good deeds.

Rock on holy warrior . . . rock on.

It is obviously against Obamacare, still can you argue any of the points made, or are you going to just continue on with your juvenile shtick until you become as irrelevant as Bushwanker?

It is obviously against Obamacare, still can you argue any of the points made, or are you going to just continue on with your juvenile shtick until you become as irrelevant as Bushwanker?

Dont be silly perch. There are multiple posts where I blast the health care bill and what was passed. I am also on record that debating points in an opinion article is inane and pointless.

Or should I spin a tale of how at MY company all is rosy and perfect, all thanks to the bill? That seems to be your "defense" of points lately . . a personal ancedote of how Perch Industries is the pinnacle of perfection, all thanks to every Republican measure passed since the dawn of time . . . . While it is informative to hear how you are doing, you constantly project your business as a direct representation of the entire US economy. (psst . . not sure if that is accurate)

So please dont try to go fishing with me . . especially with moneymakers.

Dont be silly perch. There are multiple posts where I blast the health care bill and what was passed. I am also on record that debating points in an opinion article is inane and pointless.

Or should I spin a tale of how at MY company all is rosy and perfect, all thanks to the bill? That seems to be your "defense" of points lately . . a personal ancedote of how Perch Industries is the pinnacle of perfection, all thanks to every Republican measure passed since the dawn of time . . . . While it is informative to hear how you are doing, you constantly project your business as a direct representation of the entire US economy. (psst . . not sure if that is accurate)

So in other words your going to continue your juvenile shtick. OK got it.

It use to be when thing get tough you pull yourself up by your boot straps and do something about it.

Now the mantra seems to be I'm a victim.

bp's dictionary;

Fact: What is presented as an objective news article

Opinion: What is clearly listed as an editorial or in the opinion section of a paper

In case there was any question.

Fixed for accuracy. I am amazed that certain people still cannot distinguish between an editorial article or opinion article or simply reporting facts ina news article.

Opinion articles ARE juvenile schtick.

I guess your "juvenile schtick" about Perch Industries shall continue as well? :wacko:

I will continue to discuss my company when I feel it is relevant and when it demonstrates the affects of particular legislation like Obamacare where I've shown that it has canceled 24 construction projects. I don't see than as anecdotal. I will also continue to provide anecdotal evidence when I feel it is relevant. If you don't like the picture it is painting simply ignore it. Or if you are grown up enough, challenge it with something other than "that is anecdotal." I realize my company does not represent the economy as a whole, heck it doesn't even represent my industry as a whole in this region as we are in much better shape than most, which means the impacts I'm feeling are being felt that much harder by the majority in the industry in my region. I do feel it is a good reference, but if you don't ignore it.

Fixed for accuracy. I am amazed that certain people still cannot distinguish between an editorial article or opinion article or simply reporting facts ina news article.

please clearly identify the following statements as either fact or opinion (with no parsing or weaseling)

Obamacare won't decrease health care costs for the government. According to Medicare's actuary, it will increase costs. The same is likely to happen for privately funded health care.

As written, Obamacare covers elective abortions, contrary to Obama's promise that it wouldn't. This means that tax dollars will be used to pay for a procedure millions of Americans across the political spectrum view as immoral. Supposedly, the Department of Health and Human Services will bar abortion coverage with new regulations but these will likely be tied up for years in litigation, and in the end may not survive the court challenge.

Obamacare won't allow employees or most small businesses to keep the coverage they have and like. By Obama's estimates, as many as 69 percent of employees, 80 percent of small businesses, and 64 percent of large businesses will be forced to change coverage, probably to more expensive plans.

Obamacare will increase insurance premiums -- in some places, it already has. Insurers, suddenly forced to cover clients' children until age 26, have little choice but to raise premiums, and they attribute to Obamacare's mandates a 1 to 9 percent increase. Obama's only method of preventing massive rate increases so far has been to threaten insurers.

Obamacare will force seasonal employers -- especially the ski and amusement park industries -- to pay huge fines, cut hours, or lay off employees.

Obamacare forces states to guarantee not only payment but also treatment for indigent Medicaid patients. With many doctors now refusing to take Medicaid (because they lose money doing so), cash-strapped states could be sued and ordered to increase reimbursement rates beyond their means.

Obamacare imposes a huge nonmedical tax compliance burden on small business. It will require them to mail IRS 1099 tax forms to every vendor from whom they make purchases of more than $600 in a year, with duplicate forms going to the Internal Revenue Service. Like so much else in the 2,500-page bill, our senators and representatives were apparently unaware of this when they passed the measure.

Obamacare allows the IRS to confiscate part or all of your tax refund if you do not purchase a qualified insurance plan. The bill funds 16,000 new IRS agents to make sure Americans stay in line.

So if an opinion article contains facts these are now not considered facts?

Speaking of schtick - you have one of the most consistent schticks...

Act as if I am not a far lefty by throwing out a few things that make it look like I am against both sides even though reading a few of your posts it is blatantly obvious how far left and how far up Obamas dirt chute you really are.

It use to be when thing get tough you pull yourself up by your boot straps and do something about it.

Now the mantra seems to be I'm a victim.

The Obama victimhood thing must bring some sort of cathartic camaraderie amongst the wannebe victims. Because to everyone else it comes across as whiny sniveling.

please clearly identify the following statements as either fact or opinion (with no parsing or weaseling)

Maybe you are too dense to realize that I have been against passage of the bill in its current form since before it was passed. Check the threads slick. Some of the assertions may very well be true, some may not be. Opinion articles and editorials are not required (cause they are OPIONS) to post refences or links to support their arguments.

Have you gone through the bill to prove that every assertion is correct? With references and links? No? I guess I wont either then. :tup:

Driveby you routinely post editorial articles and opion-editorials and spin them as gospel truth. i REALLY dont expect you to understand the difference. :wacko:

So if an opinion article contains facts these are now not considered facts?

Speaking of schtick - you have one of the most consistent schticks...

Act as if I am not a far lefty by throwing out a few things that make it look like I am against both sides even though reading a few of your posts it is blatantly obvious how far left and how far up Obamas dirt chute you really are.

Again . . you REALLY dont understand the difference, so i wont bother. You try and paint yourself as a good ol boy just doin what is right . . and then do nothing but support every republican position uttered. if you think I am a "far lefty" then I am surprised you have the intelligence to operate a computer without drooling on it. :wacko: If it makes you feel comfortable giving me that label, go ahead. It doesnt change the fact that I have also been very critical of a lot this admin has done, especially the Health care bill. Perhaps the threads where I have been very ant-union on a lot of issues must have slipped past you ever-watchful eye. :tup: But since it doesnt fit in your nice tidy label box I guess that means they somehow "dont count"?

(Hypothetical) Fact: The Russians and Americans had an auto race. The Americans won.

How (hypothetical) facts are used in most opinion pieces: The Russians and Americans were in an auto race. The Russians came in second. The Americans came in second to last.

yeah I know... what the heck is a "hypothetical fact"

Edited by Duchess Jack